Typhoon

OT Going on sick leave

Well it has been determined that I have to have quadruple bypass surgery sometime within the next two weeks. It seems I had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago and didn't know it. I will be out of action for a couple of weeks following the surgery. I went to see the anesthesiologist yesterday and he scared the crap out of me talking about strokes, uncontrolled bleeding, and a myriad of other complications that can occur. Just my luck WOFF will probably be released in the meantime. Just keep things going and I'll be back asap.

Tony

Sorry to hear that Typhoon. Wish you the very best and a quick recovery. As you note, if' you're down two weeks that should put you right in line to return with the coming of WOFF. Best of luck! Salute.gif

Blimey - good luck and hope it goes well

Don't get stressed out too much. The Docs have to tell you the bad side of everything, its so they cover their you no whats. Look at it this way if it was really bad you would have been under the knife when you had the MI. They must think your healthy and strong enough to wait 2 weeks. Just take it easy, watch some old school war movies. Spend some time with your family and relax. We will be here waiting for you to heal up. Get well soon I'll be looking for you.

Any type of surgery is serious. That said, try not to worry.

Keep us posted.

Take care.

I wish you all the best, Tony. My thoughts will be with you and Tranquilo.

Well, I guess you and Tranquillo will now have to share Nurse Gladys' attentions. The ward is beginning to fill up. The Red Cross will have to transfer in some more sweet faces in for you guys' recovery.

OlPaint

Edited by OlPaint01

Best of luck, Typhoon! I figure you'll be OK if you didn't even notice having a heart attack a while back, but I'll ask the spirits to look out for you anyway. :drinks:

Good luck with that, Typhoon. I know someone who has had that surgery and it's like they've been reborn.

I'll see you there. Nurse Gladys has already told me I'll be stiff afterwards :yikes:but I think there's enough of her to go round.

Get well soon, Typhoon.

Be sure to let us know when you are up and flying around again.

Tony, I bet you are a bit worried about such surgery at the heart, but a friend of mine had it too,

and he was fit again very soon, and felt much better than before.

Nowadays it is a routine operation.

Get back ASAP - I bet the devs will stretch the 2 weeks for you and Tranquillo.

Edited by Olham

Tony, best wishes. May you and your family be strengthened for a full recovery.

Jim

Well it has been determined that I have to have quadruple bypass surgery sometime within the next two weeks. It seems I had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago and didn't know it. I will be out of action for a couple of weeks following the surgery. I went to see the anesthesiologist yesterday and he scared the crap out of me talking about strokes, uncontrolled bleeding, and a myriad of other complications that can occur. Just my luck WOFF will probably be released in the meantime. Just keep things going and I'll be back asap.

Tony

All the best, Typhoon,

hope all goes well.

Don't worry abt WOFF, probably

still be waiting :grin:.

I got out of the hospital Friday, The Doctor thought they would have to do a by pass, I lucked out, he fixed a blocked steint. I will be praying for you.

Rich

Best of luck, Typhoon! I figure you'll be OK if you didn't even notice having a heart attack a while back, but I'll ask the spirits to look out for you anyway. :drinks:

:grin: Hear Hear! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts as well Typhoon! Let us know when you're safely out of recovery - we'll keep the place warm for you until you return!

Wow, congrats to this outcome, jwrich!

Best wishes to you and tranqiullo! My dad had quad bypass 4 or 5 years ago, and at 87 he's still going strong, if that's any encouragement!

Tom

Well I got a call from the hospital today. I will be having my bypass surgery June 15 ay 8:00 am. Unfortunately it wasnt Nurse Gladys that called, it was a Nurse Ratched. :yikes:

post-899-0-89311500-1339114950.jpg

However - you will be gently narcotized, and when you wake up, you will love them both! :good:

PS: But beware of Schwester Diesel, Tony!

Well I got a call from the hospital today. I will be having my bypass surgery June 15 ay 8:00 am. Unfortunately it wasnt Nurse Gladys that called, it was a Nurse Ratched. :yikes:

That's the same day as my surgery, Tony. I hope it goes well for you. I'd like to say I'll be thinking of you but, somehow, I think it's unlikely. You probably didn't get Gladys because she'll be busy with me. Never mind, I'm sure Nurse Ratched will do a sterling job.

That's the same day as my surgery, Tony. I hope it goes well for you. I'd like to say I'll be thinking of you but, somehow, I think it's unlikely. You probably didn't get Gladys because she'll be busy with me. Never mind, I'm sure Nurse Ratched will do a sterling job.

Tranquillo:

I'm sure that you will come through with flying colours. With Nurse Gladys taking care of you, better watch that old ticker.

post-899-0-24128500-1339187243.jpg