Hello all. I've been trying to import my F-5a into the game and have some problems. If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it:)

I'd exported earlier versions of my mesh with no hassles, but have since come up with problems (I wish I'd known that the maximum polys per mesh was between 4k and 5K, - exporter crashes!!

I happened upon a post by Brain32 identifying the problem and I've since had to do a lot of cutting .. problem solved however, and the mesh exports ok; it's once I've exported that I have some problem's in game.

The most serious is that my mesh is a dark transparrent color (see pic). the material I'm using is standard with opacity 100 and diffuse, specular and bump maps added. Even when I load without textures, the mesh is still this dark grey

translucent color .. any ideas?

you need to at least uvunwrap the model<i think you have not assigned a bmp or jpeg to the mesh?...just using a material in 3ds max wont suffice,I suggest you uvunwrap the whole model to a small jpeg just one colour then re export and try that.

you need to at least uvunwrap the model<i think you have not assigned a bmp or jpeg to the mesh?...just using a material in 3ds max wont suffice,I suggest you uvunwrap the whole model to a small jpeg just one colour then re export and try that.

Hello RussoUK, sorry for not being specific enough but the model is fully uvunwrapped and I've exported with the textures. Here's what's in the out file. Does this look right?

TW Exporter Dec2010-C, Decals=TRUE

HP_fuselage_mid [8528 polys, 25584 verts (decal)] 'F_5a_HP_1'

HP_fuselage_hump [7040 polys, 21120 verts (decal)] 'F_5a_HP_1'

Num Nodes: 2

Total: (15568 polys, 46704 verts)

Mesh Max: (8528 polys, 25584 verts)

CastShadow=FALSE Nodes:

CatchShadow=FALSE Nodes:

AllowDecals=FALSE Nodes:

1 Materials:

( 1) F_5a_HP_1:

F_5a_HP_1.bmp

F_5a_HP_1_b.bmp (bump map)

F_5a_HP_1_S.bmp (specular map)

1 Textures:

F_5a_HP_1.bmp

Extents

looks ok...if u want me to look at it can do...what version of max u got?...ive 2011

one point...export without decals us that option

Edited by russouk2004

looks ok...if u want me to look at it can do...what version of max u got?...ive 2011

one point...export without decals us that option

Jusy PM'd you :good:

eehhh do the latest exporter not only work with the 2009 version of max?

he exported via 2009 ive got that too just pointed it out lol