Hey all - I'm embarassed to ask but here goes.

I'm running SF2:V on Win7 and I'm trying to install ordnance shop II. I installed them here:

C:\users\<usr>\Saved Games\Thirdwire\StrikeFighters2 Vietnam\Objects\Weapons

I'm not seeing the new weapons at all. I tried using WeaponsEditor for SF2, but it's not generating a weapons.dat or weapons.ini.

I'm new to Win7. So what am I doing wrong?

it should be just 'drag and drop'. the weapons data ini is part of each weapon, and in each weapon's individual folder. The weapons editor really isn't needed anymore

try this experiment ... just pick and choose 4-6 'new' items that aren't stock, and see if they show up on whatever aircraft they're used on

ShrikeHawk, did you look inside that weapons folder? I bet inside you'll find four folders:Effects, Sounds, Objects, and Weapons Manuals. Simplest thing to do is delete that Weapons folder and start over. Install the pack to a temporary folder of your choice, then copy/paste those folders into the game folders of the same names.

Edited by SupGen

ShrikeHawk, did you look inside that weapons folder? I bet inside you'll find four folders:Effects, Sounds, Objects, and Weapons Manuals. Simplest thing to do is delete that Weapons folder and start over. Install the pack to a temporary folder of your choice, then copy/paste those folders into the game folders of the same names.

I actually started off by installing to a folder on the desktop (I've never trusted auto install - and the Readme suggested as much). So I placed effects and sounds in the main directory. Incidentally, I notice I have a new IRgrowl so sounds seems to be correct. Weapons folder is in the Objects folder.

Wrench, I've been out of the game for a while. Can you give me an example of a few non-default weapons? Like "F5WingTipTank" maybe? Tanks for the F-104?

Edit:

Perhaps another clue here: Should Drop Tanks be in their own separate folder? Or go in the Weapons folder?

Edited by ShrikeHawk

Yeah, ShrikeHawk if you're showing a seperate Drop Tanks, Pilot (Misc Stores), Guns, and Weapons folder in the Objects folder, you did it right. Box stock install won't show a Weapons folder in Saved Games\ThirdWire\etc., at all.

Okay. Looks good there.

I have an a F-5C Skoshi Tiger (SF1) from an earlier computer. In the loadout.ini it clearly calls for the wing tanks

[AirToAirLongRange]

Loadout[01].WeaponType=AIM-9E-2

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=AIM-9E-2

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].WeaponType=AIM-9E-2

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].WeaponType=AIM-9E-2

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[05].WeaponType=F5C_TKW

Loadout[05].Quantity=1

Loadout[06].WeaponType=F5C_TKW

Loadout[06].Quantity=1

Loadout[07].WeaponType=

Loadout[07].Quantity=1

And these tanks are present in the Fuel Tanks folder. So why aren't they appearing in-game?

Edited by ShrikeHawk

drop tanks are considerd "weapons", Gunny just seperated them out into 'the tank farm' (iirc), so the End User ™ could pick and choose which were needed. The all go into the main /Weapons folder

example of a 'non stock weapon' would be any AMRAAM or the AIM-9X, late model Mavericks, GBU-38 (JDAMS) - anything operational after 1983 (usual stock game end years)

Edited by Wrench

drop tanks are considerd "weapons", Gunny just seperated them out into 'the tank farm' (iirc), so the End User ™ could pick and choose which were needed. The all go into the main /Weapons folder

example of a 'non stock weapon' would be any AMRAAM or the AIM-9X, late model Mavericks, GBU-38 (JDAMS) - anything operational after 1983 (usual stock game end years)

Cool. Tanks are showing up now. Thanks much!