Streakfalcon

Planes you may have but don't know you do...

This may be a touchy bag of beans I'm about to spill so first a little background.I have supported Thirdwire since 2004 and have purchased SF1,WOV,SF2E,SF2I and Expansion pack 2.I also bought Razbams entire SF collection so I have no problems paying for things I enjoy and spend so much time playing with. O.k. so I was wandering through the downloads here and I came across a Swedish vampire I assumed was for Pasco's old model which I have.I was tired when I installed it and didn't realize at the time that there were no LODs included.I fired up the game and there it was on the runway.Only it wasn't pascos model,it was thirdwires.Im not supposed to have that model as I dont have EXP1.So I then downloaded Spinner's fictional skyraider.Again, the plane showed up. I don't have SF2V.Same with a Spanish A-7B. Long story short, I found a variant of EVERY stock aircraft and they all show up in my game as long as I have the folder set up correctly with an ini and a skin. :blink: Better yet, for instance the A-7 I installed was returned back to USN service by manipulation of the decal ini.Meaning not only were the LODs available in a CAT somewhere but the decals for it too. I don't have SF2V and yet I have all the squadron decals. My install is a merged one with a patch level of Oct 11. Now I wonder if other patch levels are allowing this or its specific to Oct 11.Please support Thirdwire when you can but I felt I had to pass this along to this community. If this is unscrupulous in any way,Mods please delete this post and it will not be brought up again.

that's what the Userlist.ini is for, and the ObjectCats are litterly stuffed with things folks don't know they have, without exploration of said cats. A thing that most End Users™ simply can't be bothered with.

time to start exploring, yes? :cool:

time to start exploring, yes? :cool:

where will go today Mr Peabody? :grin:

with my luck, back to the fraaking middle east... :lol:

although, gods willing and the river don't rise, central america (followed -even more hopefully, by Korea)

Hmmm I'm wondering if there is a CGN-36_82 in there somewhere?

wouldn't surprise me if ships were in there, especially after NA era patches. I do know the meteor pit is available without EXP1 but the textures for it don't show up.Since LODs dont show up in the list when you open a CAT with the extractor, you can't tell until you try to play it.Probably just a random grab bag of goodies depending on what you have installed. :dntknw:

Edited by ikon71

interesting, I dont have xp1 but I do have the meteor pit...

If theres some Esse class boats hidden somewhere I'm interseted... Nimitz class is to big and easy to land on.

Craig

SCB-125

Thats how i managed too to get just the planes (flyables and AI) of xp1 without installing it :D

Edited by squid