Sign in to follow this  
greyhawk

start from a hanger or aircraft cover

I was wondering if there is a way to start a mission on the tarmac, or in a hanger, taxi to runway and then take off? also land, taxi to hanger and shut engine off, open cockpit etc.

You used to be able to do it by creating a single mission in Notepad and editing the values manually - several of the Yankee Air Pirate missions in Series 1 did this - but they had to work out the exact coords of the hanger to place the jet there - not sure if you can do this in SF2 though without some testing.

Shutting down an engine - thats shift + I by default - and most canopies on Jets can be opened / closed already - but it would be a case of manually editing the data.ini file for each jet.

For a scripted mission it is possible, but for a random generated mission it could be difficult for the AI planes to find the way to the runway.

It's possible to do in SF2...I created a mission that did exactly that.

FC

It used to be possible in the first versions of SF2. Last time I tried, you yourself could start on tarmac by manually editing MSN file.

It's different for AI aircraft. The game seems to check if a human aircraft is on the ground and from the human aircraft's STARTTIME to a period of time (I think it was around 160-180seconds) will not let AI aircraft start on ground. These AI aircraft will spawn right above the runway in the air. And they should continue on their mission...

This change from TK killed certain scenarios you could create for your Single Mission....

thanks all that is what i thought.