Sign in to follow this  
hgbn

Any aircraft carrier shipbuilders outthere?

Like headlines says. The Mig Alley crew urgently require some desperate help.

We need a High quality straight deck Essex class carrier. Its the major show stopper for our mod. We do have a high quality CVL suitable for the prop driven birds . But unless we get a CVA in the same high quality the jet powered seabirds don't have a home.

well, not the right one, at least (the SCB-125 can be made to work, but it's just wrong for the era.

Yes, we are DESPERATELY pleaing for the correct Essex/Ticonderoga straight-deck carriers (basicly, in their WW2 configuration, with the 5" turrets intact) It's messing me up not having it!

thank your for you time!

Maybe YE YE? He made the CVLs so well .....:idea:

If I can hook you guys up with a model could you all get it painted and game ready? it's Oriskany in the "27-Charlie" config

27-c would work, that's about the right mod level.

I could probably skin it (with LUCK!); ini work not so sure

I'd be happy to help out however I can. I could probably scratch-build the ship if necessary, but since it's a carrier I'd want to take my time to detail it. The most important thing would be some good top-down reference photos so I can get the deck lines and stuff right. There seem to be plenty more pics for the angled-deck version.

If I can hook you guys up with a model could you all get it painted and game ready? it's Oriskany in the "27-Charlie" config

Ohh that would be nice :clapping:

yup, I feel ya, WBS ... was scouring the 1 or 2 remaing 'books on pdf sites' last night, looking for something like a Conway 'Anatomy of a Ship' on the Essex/Ticos ... found nothing!

Here's a couple links with data and pics.

www.steelnavy.com/essex_data.htm

www.fineartmodels.com/fineartmodels.com/Essex_Class.html

The models are real models,but they show really good detail.

Edited by ezlead

yup, I feel ya, WBS ... was scouring the 1 or 2 remaing 'books on pdf sites' last night, looking for something like a Conway 'Anatomy of a Ship' on the Essex/Ticos ... found nothing!

Then it is good that I have sent him some stuff... :cool: BTW Kevin Conway "Anatomy of a ship" Look for Intrepid :grin:

duh! (smacks self on head)

Got it, thanks! It looks like this will be my first carrier, so it's a bit daunting, but I think I'll be able to handle it thanks to the material you guys have provided. good.gif