Herr Prop-Wasche

HPW Combined FM and EW mod here!

Greetings, friends.

My long labor of love has finally been completed and is now available for download here: http://combatace.com...-and-ai-ew-mod/

This mod combines FM 2.0 (plus a couple of tweaks) with an AI empty weight mod to eliminate the advantage the AI currently has over the human pilot. Installation and use of the mod is fully described in the readme file. Not mentioned in the readme file, however, is the presence of a batch file program named DeleteOFFbdps.bat, which can be used to delete the aircraft .bdp files. Some people believe that FM and DM changes do not fully take effect unless the .bdp files are deleted after the mod is activated (OFF automatically rebuilds the bdp files when a campaign or QC mission is launched). Personally, I am not positive that this is true, but I have included the program for those who wish to be sure. Although the batch file should not cause any harm to your OFF installation, use of the program is at your own risk, so proceed accordingly.

I hope many of you will try this mod. I have spent probably hundreds of hours developing, testing, and tweaking the FM, and I believe that all of the planes in it fly much closer to their historical counterparts than ever before. There are still a few things that bug me about the planes' behavior (stall behavior and gyroscopic precession in particular), but these are CFS3 limitations and are perhaps not fixable at this time--perhaps in WOFF. You should try the mod especially if you like to fly the following planes because they are substantially different or improved from the models currently in the game. In no particular order, these planes are: Albatross DII, Pfalz DIIIa, Roland, Fokker Dr1, Fokker DVII series, Fokker EIII, Fokker EV, Airco DH-5, Nieuport 16, Nieuport 28, Re8, Se5a H-S, and Se5a viper. Many others have changed to some degree or another. Unfortunately, I have not modded ALL of the planes in BHaH. Perhaps I should ask the OFF devs to delay the release of WOFF? :wink: Just kidding!

If you have any questions or comments about the mod or about the behavior of any of the aircraft after installation and use of the mod, please be sure to drop me a line either here or at simhq.com.

Good luck, and good hunting!

I'm a Great fan and collector of HPW's Mods!

Been waiting for this... :ok:

Unfortunately I've got some kind of flew and I'm not able to test yet... :blink:

Off to grab it now, HPW, great work! I've been away from simming for some weeks for various reasons (not least some irritations in my last few OFF campaigns eg no Huns) and this will get me back in harness, especially if it improves the quirky Pfalz!! :drinks:

Get well soon, Elephant. I need you to be up there testing out my new FM!

33Lima. Thank you. I hope you like the Pfalz a bit better now. It should be a little less quirky, but still not as good as the Albatross, as is should be. Let me know how you like it. On another subject, if you still don't see any enemy planes, you might want to disable any weather or other mods that change mission frequencies. I have a feeling they may be causing a problem.

Hasse Wind. Good luck and happy flying!

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche

Hasse Wind, please report about your experiences.

I use your older FM and DM still, HPW, and I will change to the new ones, when it is okay.

I used to have more time for testing 1 1/2 years ago, but now I have far less flying time,

and so I can't make any testing myself.

Looking forward to d/loading it and trialling it (hopefully) this weekend.

Edited by Pips

Olham. I'm afraid I was unclear in my reply to Elephant. This is the final version of my mod and is not a test. I was just making a joke about him being sick and temporarily not being able to use the mod. Of course, if he or anyone else later finds anything wrong with the mod, I will fix it, but it is supposed to be finished.

In other words, you should feel free to download and use the mod. I do not anticipate much, if any, more revising.

I hope many of you will try this mod. I have spent probably hundreds of hours developing, testing, and tweaking the FM, and I believe that all of the planes in it fly much closer to their historical counterparts than ever before.

Brilliant, HPW! What's wrong with us that we spend so much time working on the game rather than playing it?

New version of OFFbase will be posted soon as well, and your FM/EW mod works great with it. Now if only OFFbase would automatically activate the correct HPW weather mod for your campaign when launching OFF, it'd be a perfect world.

Prop - Been trying out the DR1 and love the way it "hangs on the prop" and turns. Trying out the other crates as RL permits. Thanks for all the hard work and effort to create more historical immersion in an already very immersive sim!

Regards,

Royce

Lothar of the Hill People, on 04 June 2012 - 10:35:47 PM, said:

New version of OFFbase will be posted soon as well, and your FM/EW mod works great with it. Now if only OFFbase would automatically activate the correct HPW weather mod for your campaign when launching OFF, it'd be a perfect world.

@Lothar

My 'Great Bundle Realism Mods JSGME Enabled' makes it fairly easy to activate the properly dated HPW Weather Mod inside the JSGME console - as well as Bletchley's AA Mod, and Buddy1998's or Bletchley's Missions Mods.

Follow this link:

http://combatace.com/files/file/12952-great-bundle-realism-mods-jsgme-enabled/

OlPaint01

Downloaded and installed. Thks a lot for your work !Salute.gif

Olham. I'm afraid I was unclear in my reply to Elephant. This is the final version of my mod and is not a test. ...

Of course, if he or anyone else later finds anything wrong with the mod, I will fix it, but it is supposed to be finished.

In other words, you should feel free to download and use the mod.

Aaaaahhhh - now even my German military blockhead got it. Hey, that's good news!

I'll download is this evening and exchange it.

I think to remember that you had added instructions how to install and use it?

Installation instructions are in the readme file and on the download page at the link in my first post in this thread. Basically, just extract all of the files into your JSGME MODS folder. To use the mod, activate the main FM and, if desired, any of the optional mod files via JSGME.

Let me know what you think, particularly about the Albatross DII. You might also like to give the Pfalz and the Dr1 a "spin." :flyer:

My 'Great Bundle Realism Mods JSGME Enabled' makes it fairly easy to activate the properly dated HPW Weather Mod inside the JSGME console - as well as Bletchley's AA Mod, and Buddy1998's or Bletchley's Missions Mods.

Thanks for the link, OlPaint01.

It took just two lines of code for OFFbase to hook into OFFset to automatically set your active campaign pilot to run missions, so that'll be in the next version. If JSGME supported a command-line mode I could have OFFbase create and run scripts to set the right weather, mission, and AA mods automatically without the user having to do anything.

Looks like Jonesoft is defunct, but I emailed the support email out of curiosity. Anyone have a link to a newer version of JSGME (looks like at least 2.6 was released, but all I've found is 2.1).

Let me know what you think, particularly about the Albatross DII. You might also like to give the Pfalz and the Dr1 a "spin."

Will test the Alb for sure; and the Pfalz should be next - Hasse Wind says it's much improved.

Downloaded it a few hours ago. Tested out several planes. It's the best FM yet in my personal opinion. Honestly, I don't think I would fly without it at this point.

Nothing is perfect, but think it's a clear improvement over the stock OFF:BH&H FM. Of course HPW has been working on this and improving it for years while they Devs have been hammering away behind the scenes to give us a whole new level of immersion in WOFF. We are very fortunate to have such dedicated and talented modders.

Salute.gif to HPW. Well done sir. Well done indeed.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

I found a link to JSGME 2.6 at Gamespot. Here is the link and a copy of the version notes from 2.2 through 2.6: http://www.google.co...NSp44Tg&cad=rja

Lothar--notice the lines in bold in version notes 2.3.0 and 2.2.0 Perhaps these may be of interest to you?

RELEASE NOTES

- Fixed: now correctly disables mods that have [ as the first character in the mod name

- Added: new enhanced game file compare feature

- Changed: snapshot/compare feature now based on MD5 sums, not date stamps

2.5.0 (19 June 2010)

- Added: drag & drop from other processes (ie Windows Explorer, Desktop) now enabled under Microsoft Vista/Windows 7

- Added: now detects changes to MODS folder contents and refreshes screen automatically

- Changed: display font now defaults to user's desktop (icon) font

- Changed: improved handling of -remove directive

- Changed: improved handling of mod-added folders

- Changed: numerous (minor) interface modifications

- Changed: further optimised for use with Microsoft Vista/Windows 7

2.4.0 (7 May 2010)

- Added ability to copy the list of activated mods to the clipboard

- Added /s switch for saving mod profiles

- Added new (online) Help file

- Now optimised for use with Microsoft Vista and Windows 7

- Minor modifications to the behaviour of the "Tasks..." menu

2.3.1 (1 November 2009)

- Now writes JSGME path to JSGME.ini for use by third party apps that interact with JSGME

- Added /l command line parameter for loading mod profiles

2.3.0 (3 October 2009)

- Now correctly handles mods that have = as part of the mod folder name

- Added ability to load and save mod profiles

- Added search facility

- Now defaults to "Start in" folder

- Confirmation dialog no longer appears when disabling all mods using the /da command line switch

- Modified layout of "Tasks" menu

- Removed sounds, apart from those connected to warnings or errors

2.2.0 (6 September 2008)

- Now allows users to change the default MODS folder name when first run

- Now accepts command line parameters (refer to Help file for more detail)

- Added ability to import a mod folder from another location

- Now displays the total number of mods found and number of activated mods in status bar

- Removed "Delete" button - delete available mods by selecting and pressing the Delete key or Delete context menu option

Downloaded it a few hours ago. Tested out several planes. It's the best FM yet in my personal opinion. Honestly, I don't think I would fly without it at this point.

Nothing is perfect, but think it's a clear improvement over the stock OFF:BH&H FM. Of course HPW has been working on this and improving it for years while they Devs have been hammering away behind the scenes to give us a whole new level of immersion in WOFF. We are very fortunate to have such dedicated and talented modders.

Salute.gif to HPW. Well done sir. Well done indeed.

Hellshade

Thank you very much, H. I appreciate your support. :good:

Lothar--notice the lines in bold in version notes 2.3.0 and 2.2.0 Perhaps these may be of interest to you?

Wow, thanks HPW. Looks like this would indeed be possible, merging our mods together so users don't need to worry about it.

Took some doing, but I found a copy of the defunct user manual for JSGME here.OlPaint01, if you could add this to the version 2.6 download you put up here on CA that'd be great for other users and modders.

Edited by Lothar of the Hill People

Herr Prop-Wasche, just to make sure: when I want to use the new FM mod of yours,

must deactivate the former Allied FM and German FM mods, I guess?

Yes Olham, you need to get rid of the older versions first before installing the new one.

@Lothar

Great Find! The JSGME v2.6 User Guide is now included in the package on CA Downloads.

http://combatace.com/files/file/13045-jonesoft-generic-mod-enabler-jsgme/

PS: It sure would be sweet to have the OFFice Utility script the appropriate date-dependant Realism Mods (HPW's Weather, Bletchley' AA, Buddy1998's or Bletchley's Mission). I hope it is doable. Also, managing the active pilot by script? Outstanding!

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Yes Olham, you need to get rid of the older versions first before installing the new one.

Hasse Wind is correct.