Sign in to follow this  
anve8004

There are no more MIGs in WOV campaigns?

I have tryed all of 3 campaigns in the game. In each campaign, after first 3 or 4 missinns are done, there are no more migs in the game. No matter if the mission purpose is mig cap or ground attack, the sky is still clear of migs! This makes these campaigns so boring! Aspecially if you play with a fighter unit. You just fly to the waypoint, make a fiew rounds, and fly back without any action! Do you have same experience?

Edited by anve8004

I have tryed all of 3 campaigns in the game. In each campaign, after first 3 or 4 missinns are done, there are no more migs in the game. No matter if the mission purpose is mig cap or ground attack, the sky is still clear of migs! This makes these campaigns so boring! Aspecially if you play with a fighter unit. You just fly to the waypoint, make a fiew rounds, and fly back without any action!    Do you have same experience?

Yeah, I have the same experience, too. And not only the MiGs disappear, but all friendly air units as well (except for O-1s, but they never fly any missions, at least in 'Rolling Thunder').

I'm having the same problem in SF (don't have WoV). I've verified by checking my planning screen between missions and noticed that by the fourth mission or so, all of my friendly squadrons and most of the enemy ones are gone.

More on this here: http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cg...;f=121;t=001872

Please continue testing and post results; I'm having difficulty drumming up responses to what is potentially a game-crippling bug.

I know that you have posted this "elsewhere" :wink: galanti & we know that it will be looked at.

Until it is investigated we won't know if it is a bug for sure but as far as WoV what is known is that the Vietnamese really didn't have that many Migs & were pretty often unwilling to commit those that they did have. Towards the end of the war it was extremely rare for a Mig to be seen.

I know that you have posted this "elsewhere" :wink:  galanti & we know that it will be looked at.

Until it is investigated we won't know if it is a bug for sure but as far as WoV what is known is that the Vietnamese really didn't have that many Migs & were pretty often unwilling to commit those that they did have. Towards the end of the war  it was extremely rare for a Mig to be seen.

I know the NVAF didn't have many MiGs, but I don't have WoV.

Agree with above. Am flying a campaign with a fighter unit and after the first mission I have seen no Migs. this is after being about ten missions in to the campaign. I know that Migs were not often encountered in Vietnam, but the sacrifice of some realism for the sake of occasional air to air excitement would be nice.

N

I know the NVAF didn't have many MiGs, but I don't have WoV.

I appreciate that which is why I didn't address SF but confined my reply to WoV :mellow:

During operation Rolling Thunder there were very few Mig flights. But after the five year bombing halt and operation Linebacker 1 & 2 started there were lots of migs at first and lots of AAA, and lots SA-2's. The campagns get boring but its pretty accurate as far as history.

Edited by Split_S