Sign in to follow this  
DARoot

Help Finding PBY-5a

Greetings.

Can anybody out ther help me obtain a copy of a PBY-5a "Catalina" flying boat mod for my SFP1 WWII PTO?

Veltro2k released one a while back, but apparently pulled all his mods from the Internet (although a skin set by Wrench is still available, here on CombatAce).

Any assistance would be appreciated.

DARoot

until you get 25 posts or more, your private messaging system is locked (if you follow my drift....)

post more, and good things will happen :grin:

TSF mod contains the PBY.

http://combatace.com/files/file/12734-sf2e-tsf-submarine-hunters-mission-pack/

This Mission Pack also contains it, but only with Norwegian Skins. You have to use Wrenchs skins. I know it says its for SF2, but it should work in SF1 as well.

Edited by JonathanRL

Aha!

Thank you both, Wrench and JonathanRL!

-- I'd check out the SF2 TSF mod immediately, but I've already used up my 5 downloads for today (trying to get all those Wrench skins needed by Midway v1.1).

-- Hiya, Wrench! I'm a big fan of yours, don't ya know? Yeah, I was more active a few years ago (but never posted much on the Forums here), and just recently re-installed SFP1 and WOV, and have been busily exploring and acquiring many new mods for both (many of which are YOURS -- but, I'm not brown nosing or anything ... )

Hmmmmm... 25 posts, eh? Well, we'll see ....

Thank you both again.

DARoot

Edited by DARoot

well, JRL seem to have the lod issue under control .. so, :cool:

-- I'd check out the SF2 TSF mod immediately, but I've already used up my 5 downloads for today (trying to get all those Wrench skins needed by Midway v1.1).

Well, if you have SF2: Europe, you can use two of them on the Mega Package. The PBY5 is there too.

http://combatace.com/files/file/12979-the-scandinavian-front-mega-package-part-1/

http://combatace.com/files/file/12980-the-scandinavian-front-mega-package-part-2/

If you only want the PBY5 however, the link above is what you want.

well, JRL seem to have the lod issue under control .. so, :cool:

That has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I have tried to get proper Subhunting working in TSF for about the mods entire lifespan... :no:

Esp since NavalCampaign seem to botch Anti-ship missions from ever appearing.

Hah!

Thanks again, JonathanRL and Wrench, for helping me find a PBY Catalina for SFP1.

PBY-5.jpg

I'm very happy.

[And now, if I can locate an OS2U "Kingfisher" and an H6K "Mavis," I'll be in floatplane heaven!]

:clapping:

DARoot

hhmmm...

it seems my Rufes are missing from the d/l secion too....have to remedy that soonest

Greetings, Wrench

How very odd ...

I recently found a "Rufe," [but, I obtained mine from the A-Team Site].

You are (sort of) acknowledged --

"* Brought to you by the SFP1 Dev A-Team of Capun, CB Productions, Charles,Kesselbrut, The Wrench, Starfighter2 & Pappychksix

* Airplane Model by ArmourDave

* This is a data ini modification to convert ArmourDave's Zero into a floatplane Rufe..."]

Had to make my own Hangar and Loadout images for it, however --

Rufe_Hangar.jpg

Rufe_LOADOUT.jpg

DARoot

[And, THANKS! ... Love floatplanes!]

their's is an incomplete package -- mine is everything

It's in the SF2 WW2 downloads section -- not that it's fully SF2, but it'll work in both

my 2 favorite aircraft: flying boats and flying wings. you can't get more different than those 2!!! :rofl: