OlPaint01

Ultimate Bundle Damage Models Posted

Well, Folks, we nearly have all the pieces...

I uploaded 'Ultimate Bundle Damage Models JSGME Enabled' to CA Downloads last night and the Admins have already approved it. We now have all the recently posted OFF Mods in JSGME-ready format.

Sounds Mods

http://combatace.com/files/file/12951-grand-bundle-sounds-mods-jsgme-enabled/

Realism Mods

http://combatace.com/files/file/12952-great-bundle-realism-mods-jsgme-enabled/

Damage Model Mods

http://combatace.com/files/file/13048-ultimate-bundle-damage-models-jsgme-enabled/

Flight Model/Empty Weight Mods

http://combatace.com/files/file/13039-hpw-combined-fm-and-ai-ew-mod/

And JoneSoft Generic Mods Enabler

http://combatace.com/files/file/13045-jonesoft-generic-mod-enabler-jsgme/

Rumor has it that Lothar is learning how to script date-dependant mods activation in his OFFice utility.

See what I mean? WOOF Jr!

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Grand job - grabbing 'em now!!! :drinks:

Outstanding. Somehow I missed the 2.0 version of Buddy's DM so I'm giving that a whirl now. Great job bundling them together this way for ease of use. Thank you.

Hellshade

Rumor has it that Lothar is learning how to script date-dependant mods activation in his OFFice utility.

Your compilation will certainly help, Doyle! You didn't include the full activated OFFMODS/JSGME.ini file which sets the load order and dependencies. Can you tell me what order exactly the sound mods need to be activated?

@Lothar

I have not gotten so fancy as to setup a 'load order' or 'dependencies' list in the JSGME.ini file. I guess I have not studied the full capabilities of this powerful utility. I myself just activate the Mods manually in the JSGME console in an order dictated by my experience since I know some mod files will overwrite other mod files.

BTW, I did follow your suggestion and rewrote the ReadMe for the Sounds Bundle to suggest an Activation Order...

ReadMe.txt

-------------

Here are the files for the Grand Bundle of JSGME-Enabled OFF Sound Mods that I have prepared.

I installed JSGME into C:\OBDSoftware directory. I copied each of the Sounds Mod folders into the MOD directory.

I activated all of Creaghorn’s Sound Mods from the JSGME console in the order that they were published to guarantee that I had installed the latest versions of the WAV files.

Activate each Creaghorn Sounds Mod in the following order:

1) Creaghorn Homebrew Sounds

2) Creaghorn Sound Tweak

3) Creaghorn Sound Tweak II

4) Creaghorn Sound Tweak II Patch

Then activate all of Andy73’s Sound Mods from the JSGME console in the order that they were published.

5) Andy73 Aircraft Sounds

6) Andy73 Engine Sounds_1.1 for Sound Tweak II

7) Andy73 Gun Sounds_1.1 for Sound Tweak II

8) Andy73 Albatros DIII Sounds

9) Andy73 Rotary Aircraft Sounds_1.3a

Then activate the Spandau Mod last so the gun sound fix is not overwritten.

10) Creaghorn Spandau Mod

The ShellMusic can be activate anytime.

11) Creaghorn StartupBritish OR Creaghorn StartupGerman OR Elephant StartupG (the choice depends on which side you are flying)

Disregard warning messages that files are about to be overwritten.

-------------

Of course, if I were ambitious, I would take the time to merge all the individual Sounds Mods into one Grand Ultimate Sounds Mod to be activated in one stroke. But that is for another day...

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Thanks OlPaint! That helps a lot. What about the "Winston-Elephant Spandau sound" that's in the bundle?

A couple of other issue's I've run into:

"Andy73 Gun Sounds_1.1 for Sound Tweak II" has the wrong path set, "CSFWW1 Over Flanders Fields" instead of "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields". Thus it fails to be loaded into OFF. Not sure if this is just a problem with your bundle or a bug in Andy73's original release so that it never worked.

All these sound and weather and mission mods assume JSGME is installed in the "ODBSoftware" folder, or whatever root folder contains "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields" and "WW1Scenery". But HPW's FM mods all assume JSGME is installed inside the "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields" folder. Since they're not on the same level as all the other mods, either the FM mods only or everything but the FM mods will work depending on where JSGME actually is.

HPW's FM/EW mods need to be repackaged in a bundle-compatible form, moved from just the "aircraft" folder to the "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\aircraft" folder. OFFice will insist that JSGME is installed in the parent folder, usually "ODBSoftware", as this is the only way to support mods that also affect "WW1Scenery". I'll leave a note in the FM/EW thread about this.

Oh, can you stick a note in the JSGME download about where it must be installed to work correctly for all mods? Thanks!

Edited by Lothar of the Hill People

I had noticed that when I first used the bundled Mods...

I too have JSGME installed in my CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields

and realised that when I saw the generation of a Lone Wolf Mission while I had enabled a Bandy's mission Mod.

So I changed the folder structure manually. (I forgot to report it though... :blink: )

It wouldn't be so difficult to add one more folder in HPW Mods in order to work with OFFice as well...

@Lothar

"Andy73 Gun Sounds_1.1 for Sound Tweak II" has the wrong path set, "CSFWW1 Over Flanders Fields" instead of "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields". Thus it fails to be loaded into OFF. Not sure if this is just a problem with your bundle or a bug in Andy73's original release so that it never worked.

That is indeed a typo, I just discovered it myself. I will edit the Sounds Bundle to change it back to the correct Directory Path "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields" instead of "CSFWW1...". Dooh!

All these sound and weather and mission mods assume JSGME is installed in the "ODBSoftware" folder, or whatever root folder contains "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields" and "WW1Scenery". But HPW's FM mods all assume JSGME is installed inside the "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields" folder. Since they're not on the same level as all the other mods, either the FM mods only or everything but the FM mods will work depending on where JSGME actually is.

HPW used a different root directory structure for his FM/EW Mod for his MODS folder than I chose.

My Root is C:\OBDSoftware. His individual FM/EW Mod Folders for that bundle need to be contained inside the path that I chose as follows:

.- OFFMODS

....- HPW Main FM and AI EW Mod 2.1 (individual mod folder)

......- CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields (insert this folder in the directory path)

.........- aircraft

............- Alb_DIII_AC1

.................aircraft.cfg

.................Alb_DIII_AC1.air

............- Alb_DIII_AC2

.................Alb_DIII_AC2.air

.........- (Continue with the remaining individual DM folders and contents.)

....- FM 2.1 Sopwith Pup 100 HP (another individual mod folder. When activated it overwrites the Main FM for just the Sopwith Pup)

......- CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields (ditto)

.........- aircraft

............- Sopwith_Pup_AC1

.................Sopwith_Pup_AC1.air

............+ Sopwith_Pup_AC2

............+ Sopwith_Pup_AC3

............+ (Etc, Etc, Etc)

....+ (The remaining mod folders)

....+ (Etc, Etc, Etc)

HPW's FM/EW mods need to be repackaged in a bundle-compatible form, moved from just the "aircraft" folder to the "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\aircraft" folder. OFFice will insist that JSGME is installed in the parent folder, usually "ODBSoftware", as this is the only way to support mods that also affect "WW1Scenery". I'll leave a note in the FM/EW thread about this.

Your are 100% correct on this point. Since I did not build his FM/EW Mod_v2.0, I did not make his selection of the root. I did not think it appropriate for me, moreover, I was unable to change his files structure. But as I stated above, his FM folders need to be copied into the directory structure with c:\OBDSoftware as the Root to be compatiable and consistant. Just inserting the "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields" folder in the path as Elephant suggested does the trick.

Also, what determines whether you're in an 'Active' or 'Quiet' sector for all these mods?

When you start/restart a campaign from the "Leave..Pilot Dossiers..Campaign..." screen by clicking on "Campaign" tab, you are presented a 'Campaign Description' screen. When you read through that narrative, you are given a hint whether you are in an 'active' or 'quiet' sector of the front. You would then have to exit the game, and activate the appropriate 'dated' version of the realism mod that also matches the described activity level for the current campaign.

I hope that helps...

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

When you start/restart a compaign from the "Leave..Pilot Dossiers..Campaign..." screen by clicking on "Campaign" tab, you are presented a 'Campaign Description' screen. When you read through that narrative, you are given a hint whether you are in an 'active' or 'quiet' sector of the front. You would then have to exit the game, and activate the appropriate 'dated' version of the realism mod that also matches the described activity level for the current campaign.

Guess that's another thing the player will have to report to the Adjutant when it changes just like Operational Rating. Unless I can find how OFF manager is storing this info?

Easiest thing to do would be to set it automatically based on workshop settings, RegionalAirActivity being Light would be quiet, Heavy would be active, and Medium would be a random selection of the two. But if that's too jinky let me know and I'll put in reporting it to the Adjutant.

Lothar, I believe that the WorkShop settings for RegionalAirActivity (Light, Medium, Heavy) are different than the Campaign Activity (Active or Quiet). But I am not quite sure how. Bletchley or Herr Prop-Washe or 33Lima or Buddy1998 may be able to sort this issue out for us. They are the ones whom actually worked with various activity levels in their Realism/Missions Mods.

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Yes, the workshop setting for regional air activity does not change chronologically - so linking "Quiet" and "Active" to this would not work, or would need constant manual adjustment. Also, the difference between "Quiet" and "Active" in my mods is a difference in mission types, not in overall levels of activity in the air (so "Active" will see more ground strafing or low 'contact' missions, for example). I think that a manual setting in OFFbase that can be ticked/unticked would be much better than automatically linking it to the regional air activity setting in the OFF workshop, particularly as it is not something that needs to be changed very frequently (typically, just once every few months).

Bletchley

Edited by Bletchley

Thanks, Bletchley, for the clarification. I did not think that 'RegionalAirActivity' was the same animal as 'CampaignActivity'.

So, how does OFF know the CampaignActivity for the Sector in front of the Squadron? We know that when a campaign is started/restarted the first screen has a narrative where we get a hint of the Activity in that Sector. Is that activity level (active or quiet), that OFF uses to select the appropriate narrative, a setting recorded in "PilotXXdosier.txt"? If not, where would it be? And could it be readable by the JSGME utility?

OlPaint01

I can't find an obvious value that controls whether a sector is active or not, but I did find a listing of maps showing the various battle locations in this folder: OBDSoftware\WW1Scenery\Period\Battlemaps Inside the folder is a file named Battles.txt which lists, in chronological order, the names of the various battles:

******1915*******

1 Soissons January - February 1915 - map name : 1915Soissons

2 Neuve Chapelle- March 1915 - map name : 1915Chapelle

3 Ypres - Mid April 1915 (Gas) - map name : 1915Ypres

4 Artois and Festubert - June 1915 - map name 1915Artois

5 Loos Vimy Ridge Campagne - October to November 1915 - map name : 1915LoosVimy

******1916*******

1 Verdun February - May 1916 - map name : 1916Verdun

2 Somme - July - October 1916 - map name : 1916Somme

3 Verdun Counterattack - November 1916 - map name : 1916VerdunCounterattack

******1917*******

4 Arras and Niville Offensives - April 1917 - map name : 1917Arras

5 Ypres (Paschendale) - August - September 1917 - map name : 1917Pascendale

6 Cambrai (Tanks) - November 1917 - map name : 1917Cambrai

******1918*******

1 Operation Michel- March - early April 1918 - map name : 1918Michel

2 Operation Georgette - mid April - May 1918 - map name : 1918Georgette

3 Operations Blucher and Yorck - Mid May - June 14 1918 - map name : 1918BlucherYorck

4 Operation Marne - end June - mid July 1918 - map name : 1918Marne

5 and 6 Marne Allied counter Attack - August - end August 1918 - map name : 1918MarneCounterattack

General German withdrawel

7 and 8 St Mihiel and Argonne offensives - Mid september - October 1918 - map name : 1918MihielArgonne

General German withdrawel

Perhaps this may be helpful to Lothar.

Perhaps this may be helpful to Lothar.

Thanks, HPW, maybe that'll help. For now, it's something you report to your Adjutant along with Operational Status, just let him know when it changes. Try it out at this temporary link, if I get a couple of thumbs-up I'll post it officially. Works with JSGME and its mods folder installed alongside your "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields" folder, not inside it. Name of the mod folder doesn't matter as it reads your JSGME.ini to find where it's set.

Hey,HPW, do you think that Shredward built a "Squadron Battles History" file where OFF gets the Operational Rating (poor, average, good, elite) and the the Sector Activity (active or quiet) for internal selections.

OlPaint

Edited by OlPaint01

Hey,HPW, do you think that Shredward built a "Squadron Battles History" file where OFF gets the Operational Rating (poor, average, good, elite) and the the Sector Activity (active or quiet) for internal selections.

That would be awesome!

Think I'm going to have to add another rule for mod authors to be compatible with OFFice: no version numbers in your main mod folder. Every time a new version is released, this creates a new entry in JSGME and thus requires new rules to interact with all the other campaign mods but also previous versions of the mod itself. This makes updating support for newer versions a mess. If you leave out version numbers, so the new version of your mod replaces the old version, this allows automatic upgrades.

For example, if HPW wants his FM and EM mod to be able to auto-update, the mod folders should simply be "Main FM and AI EW Mod", "FM Sopwith Pup 100 HP", etc. No 2.1 or 2.2, so OFFice would automatically support the update or to a new version 2.3 in the future. Otherwise someone (me :blink:) would have to write a bunch of rules about when to use which version in conjunction with other versions of other mods--a real mess. Hate to ask you to repack your stuff again, HPW! Not just picking on you though.

This could cause issues if you no longer want to mod an OFF file, removing your replacement file from your distribution. Users would have to delete the old mod first instead of simply copying the new mod over the old. But in general should be pretty transparent. If you really still wanted to be able to run different versions of the same mod, you could set up multiple JSGME installations for each. But is there any reason to have an older version around still?

If you want to make it easy to see which version of your mod it is, just include another file in your mod indicating such, something that won't write over a real file. For example, directory structures could look like this:

Main FM and AI EW Mod\
	CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\
       aircraft\
	Main FM and AI EW Mod 2.2.txt

The .txt file could even be the readme for the mod, or just an empty placeholder indicating the version.

Thoughts, modders?

Sounds fine to me, Lothar. I'll get rid of the version numbers in my next update--hopefully my last!

Sounds fine to me, Lothar. I'll get rid of the version numbers in my next update--hopefully my last!

Cool, the version of OFFbase I just uploaded has already been preprogrammed to work with "Main FM and AI EW Mod", "FM Sopwith Pup 100 HP", etc. and use these instead of the 2.1/2.2 versions if available. :drinks:

Lothar

So it appears the consensus is that the Mods files, from now on, will not be named with version numbers? If that be so, then I have my work cut out for me editing my Great, Grand and Ultimate Bundles of OFF Mods paks.

This will definitely make maintaining the JSGME Campaign Mods Loader a transparent task. I heartily agree!!! We sure could use a listing of standardized mods names, or better yet, point us to where the listing for the scripts is to be found so we can edit our own current JSGME/MODS folder install to match what is needed.

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Cool, the version of OFFbase I just uploaded has already been preprogrammed to work with "Main FM and AI EW Mod", "FM Sopwith Pup 100 HP", etc. and use these instead of the 2.1/2.2 versions if available. :drinks:

Does this mean that FM/EW version 2.2 works with Office, or do I need to send you the mod with revised file names that don't have the version numbers?

Lothar, I just got OFFice version 0.7.5 from CA Downloads and installed it into my C:\ directory by coping and pasting the new OFFice folder and overwriting what was there before.

Looks like the file that sets up the Mods activation order and rules with the standardized listing of Mod Names is 'C:\OFFice\config\JSGME.config' in my installation. The text of the JSGME.config file is pretty much mashed together and very hard to decipher. Which text reader/editor can we use to make any sense out of it?

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01