I am using SF1 to run the PTO Midway campaign. All the weapons in the ww2 pack show up except ihe MK 13 which I would like to use with the TBF-1c..

I have it patched to 083006,the weaponspack [bunyap's] is not supposed to be used with anypatch above 06, but the campaign calls for it so I installed it.

I also tried it in WOE and WOA same result. Is there some thing wrong with this weapon? I've tried running it though the weapon editor, but no results.

Deanklef

Greetings, DeanKlef

I'm certainly no expert, but I have recently "come back to" SFP!/WOV, and have been setting up a PTO installation, so I am re-learning things, and may be able to offer some useful information regarding your question. I'll try to help, at least.

The Mark 13 Torpedoes work fine on my installation.

When you say they "don't show up" in yours, does that mean you do NOT get the choice from the "Loadout" screen before flight, or that the model does not show up in the external 3-D view (or both?)

Well, let's take this one step at a time --

- First, check your "WeaponData.ini" and WeaponData.dat" files in your "\Objects\Weapons" Folder.

Bunyap's Weapons Pack (03Jul06) [which I use, with the Midway Terrain and Campaign, with no problems yet observed.:sohappy:..] has both, dated 07/03/06, that contain the Mk 13.

- Check that the "Mk13 Torpedo.lod" dated 10/25/05 (included with Bunyap's pack) is present in your "\Objects\Weapons" folder as well. [Bunyap's pack includes it...and ALSO includes a "Mk13Torpedo.lod"

(no space between 13 and Torpedo), that I don't know what is used for...perhaps nothing...]. Anyway, the weapon won't show in external 3-D view if there is no .lod file.

- In Bunyap's "WeaponData.ini," the Mk 13 entry is at [WeaponData 234], and the main things to check there are: ModelName= [should be "Mk13 Torpedo" same as the .lod file name];

Mass= [should be 1005.00];

AttachmentType= [should be USAF,USN,UK];

Start= [should be 1935];

End= [should be 1950];

Exported= [should be TRUE];

GuidanceType= [should be 5].

- Now, open the "xxaeroplane_Data.ini" file (it's a text file, so Notepad works just fine) for the plane you want to use this weapon, and check the "Service Start" and "Service End" Dates [for WW2, they need to be between about 1938 to 1946 or so.] Also, if playing a Campaign or setting up a Single Mission, if you are given (or pick) a Flight Date earlier or later than the dates the Mk13 is available, it won't show up in the "Loadout" picklist.

In fact, your plane won't show up at all if the date selected does not fall within it's availability dates (the Single Mission Creator will only allow you to pick dates based on what's in the "Service Start/End" date parameters in the xx_Dat.ini, thankfully...]. Anyway, the aeroplane availability dates, the weapon availability dates, and the timeframe for the mission must all fall within the separate availability timespans.

-- Now scroll down to the "// Weapon Stations" section in your aeroplane's "xx_Data.ini" file, and check the following entries --

LoadLimit=

AllowedWeaponsClass=

AttachmentType=

LengthLimit=

Now it gets sorta complicated.

-- Obviously, if the "LoadLimit" for the weapon station is not high enough to accommodate the weapon mass, the weapon cannot be loaded on that station, and won't show up in the "Loadout" picklist;

-- The "Attachment Type" for the station and the weapon must correspond. Easy for USN, USAF, etc. But, for WW2, can get complicated. "NATO" and "WP" were OK for SFP1 and WOV, but the WW2 mods introduced some new "players," notably Imperial Japan, Nazi Germany, and WW2Soviet. So, if you are trying to load your Mk13 Torpedo on a plane for the British, Australian, New Zealand, Dutch East Indies, etc. forces, you may have to research and add their identifiers. [However, it's MUCH easier to just edit those individual plane data.inis to accept "USN" or UK" -- so you don't have to re-compile "WeaponData.dat"].

-- The "Length Limit" usually only affects internal bomb bays (Such as on the TBF Avenger);

-- "WeaponClass" entry in your plane's xx_Data.ini corresponds to the "GuidanceType" entry in WeaponData.ini. And, again, different 3rd party modders seem to have different ideas about how this entry should be interpreted, and each "patch" of SFP1 (or WOV, OR WOE, etc.) seems to add more, or change how they work.

For simplicity, take the "GuidanceType=5" from Bunyap's WeaponsPack. This originally corresponded to "TV Homing", but was not implemented in the original SFPI (v1.0) release.

Well, this MAY or MAY NOT correspond, nowadays, to one or more of the following

"AllowedWeaponsClass" types -- CGR,EOGB,EOGR,IOGR,LGB,LGR,WGR.

Well, fiddle-de-dee! This is FAR too much monkey business for me to be involved in!

--- So, I tend to go with "USN,USAF,UK,NATO" for the "AttachmentType" for my Allied planes, and "WP,JAPAN" (and any other Axis I can think of) for my Japanese planes.

--- Similarly, I've had good luck using "EOGR" for the Mark13, (and Mark48 Torpedo, also included in Bunyap's pack) and Japanese Type 91 torpedoes. But, just to be safe, I include ALL the other "WeaponClass" abbreviations shown above in the xx_Data.ini files for EVERY torpedo-carrying plane I have, that otherwise fails to show whatever weapon it is supposed to be showing. The "extra" entries don't hurt anything....

One last thing -- If you have downloaded any of the A-Team's WWII torpedo aircraft (Kate, TBF, TBD, etc.)they often include another version of the Mk13 Torpedo (their .lod is dated 08/25/11) AND it has a separate bitmap file AND they give a text file for inclusion in your "WeaponData.ini." [which gives the Mk13 "GuidanceType=1 [or WGR]...]. I haven't bothered with it (since Bunyap's WeaponsPack already has a viable Mk13) and, as the images posted below show, there ain't that much difference between the two [and they both look ugly -- although I confess I have not yet compared the A-Team data entries to Bunyap's original "WeaponData.ini" entries for performance differences.

But, you see now why adding those extra entries to your plane's "AllowedWeaponsClass" and "AttachmentTypes" data.ini file weapon sections areas is a good idea....

These screenshots illustrate the Mk13 (both types) and the Mk48 mounted on the A-team TBD-1 Devastator --

Mk13s.jpg

Mk48.jpg

Well, this took longer than I thought! [sorry!]

Maybe somebody will benefit from it....

DARoot

Edited by DARoot

Greetings, DeanKlef

An addendum to my previous response [as if it wasn't long enough already...], just to try to cover ALL the issues raised in your question.

-- I also use SFP1 (as you do) for my PTO installation.

-- My SPF1 executable is v8.30.6.9, and gets along fine with Bunyap's 03Jul06 Weapons patch.

-- To the best of my knowledge, SFP1v08.30.06 Patch (5.74 MB) is the LAST "Official" patch/upgrade to SFP1 before the 1 Oct 2008 update patch (which is the last).

-- The "Midway Campaign v1.1" does require that patch. In fact, Baltika's ReadMe states:

"INSTALLATION GUIDE:

1. Install SFP1/SFG/WoV/WoE

--> 2. Patch up to v.083006

3. Install Bunyap's Weapon Pack (required for WW2 weapons)

4. Delete all stock aircraft

5. Install terrain, aircraft, skins, groundobjects listed above.

6. Copy over the various files included in the download package into your new install. It should be

obvious where everything has to go. Over-write when prompted. Avoid "nested" folders.

7. Midway campaign should now be available at Campaign selection screen."

Anyway, in trying to respond to your question, I decided to download the 1 Oct 2008 SFP1 Patch myself, but have not installed it yet, since things are working fine for me right now with the 30 August 2006 patch, and Bunyap's 3 July 2006 WeaponData and Gundata files. I'll read the ReadMe for the 2008 patch, and get the new (?) 2008 WeaponEditor and GunEditor packages to go with it, but until I try them out, I don't know

what effect it/they may have on the game [And, if it ain't broke, don't try t' fix it...].

Well, you could try re-installing the v08.30.06 patch, I suppose if something somehow got messed up the first time, but only if none of my OTHER suggestions (that mostly just involve simple text-editing) don't work for you. Best of luck!

Hope this information is helpful.

DARoot

Greetings, DeanKlef

An addendum to my previous response [as if it wasn't long enough already...], just to try to cover ALL the issues raised in your question.

-- I also use SFP1 (as you do) for my PTO installation.

-- My SPF1 executable is v8.30.6.9, and gets along fine with Bunyap's 03Jul06 Weapons patch.

-- To the best of my knowledge, SFP1v08.30.06 Patch (5.74 MB) is the LAST "Official" patch/upgrade to SFP1 before the 1 Oct 2008 update patch (which is the last).

-- The "Midway Campaign v1.1" does require that patch. In fact, Baltika's ReadMe states:

"INSTALLATION GUIDE:

1. Install SFP1/SFG/WoV/WoE

--> 2. Patch up to v.083006

3. Install Bunyap's Weapon Pack (required for WW2 weapons)

4. Delete all stock aircraft

5. Install terrain, aircraft, skins, groundobjects listed above.

6. Copy over the various files included in the download package into your new install. It should be

obvious where everything has to go. Over-write when prompted. Avoid "nested" folders.

7. Midway campaign should now be available at Campaign selection screen."

Anyway, in trying to respond to your question, I decided to download the 1 Oct 2008 SFP1 Patch myself, but have not installed it yet, since things are working fine for me right now with the 30 August 2006 patch, and Bunyap's 3 July 2006 WeaponData and Gundata files. I'll read the ReadMe for the 2008 patch, and get the new (?) 2008 WeaponEditor and GunEditor packages to go with it, but until I try them out, I don't know

what effect it/they may have on the game [And, if it ain't broke, don't try t' fix it...].

Well, you could try re-installing the v08.30.06 patch, I suppose if something somehow got messed up the first time, but only if none of my OTHER suggestions (that mostly just involve simple text-editing) don't work for you. Best of luck!

Hope this information is helpful.

DARoot

WOW!

Thats quite a reply. Thanks very much . I will try the things you suggested and see how it goes. Incidently, the MK 13 doesn't show in the loadout or the external view.

Thanks again ,

Deanklef

Hey, DeanKlef

Y'know, the A-Team TBF-1c, "out-of-the-box," has the following entry in it's "TBF-1c_Data.ini" --

// Weapon Stations ---------------------------

[bombBay]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=1

StationGroupID=1

StationType=INTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.0,0.28,-0.55

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=1100

AllowedWeaponClass=WGR // <--Change This

AttachmentType=USN

DiameterLimit=0.6

LengthLimit=4.1

BombBayAnimationID=7

BombBayOpenTime=2.0

BombBayCloseTime=2.0

It should work fine IF you changed your "WeaponData.ini" to include the weaponedit provided by A-team.

However, the "default" Bunyap Mk 13 torpedo won't work.

Since you say your torpedo is not showing up in either the "Loadout" screen or in-game, I'll bet you can

simply open up your "TBF-1c_Data.ini" in Notepad, and change the line indicated above to:

AllowedWeaponClass=EOGR,IOGR,LGR,WGR

and THAT should solve your problem. [And you won't need to read and digest my entire discourse above, unless you're interested...]

[Oh, go ahead and change the "AttachmentType=" to USN,USAF,UK while you're at it. Won't hurt, and should take care of any "Allied" models of the Avenger you may make].

Best of luck.

DARoot

Hi,

The MK13 torp now works perfect. Thanks for all the help.

Deanklef