Sign in to follow this  
MAKO69

Syria massacre: UN team reaches Qubair village

This is some serious sh!t, you all been paying mind to this situation?

NBC Nightly news feed

BBC

Edited by MAKO69

The UN. :rofl:

The UN. :rofl:

COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE UN, It's the people of this nation I am worried about, thier "Friends" Russia and China are not going to do anything, nor is the UN. This bullsh!t needs to stop. I'm afraid the US and UK are a little used up in this sort of global police force duty. It's time Russia and China step up to the plate and help the global community.

Edited by MAKO69

I have been following the dealings over there for awhile... but this latest round is getting beyond a joke and proves that the UN is what it is a Toothless relic. They should just raise a UN military from all the worlds militaries and go in there and sort it out...

I have been following the dealings over there for awhile... but this latest round is getting beyond a joke and proves that the UN is what it is a Toothless relic. They should just raise a UN military from all the worlds militaries and go in there and sort it out...

I wish they would. The sad thing is, the UN could be very effective in security instead of a joke if we got rid of veto power. Again, pretty much all of the blame is on China and Russia. They block nearly all international action to stop such slaughters. A lot of it is out of their economic interests, but what the reds don't understand is their economic interests in such regions are much better served by stability.

Basically the only time the UN had its act together was the Korean War. And that was because at the time, China's seat was held by Taiwan and Russia was boycotting the security council.

Yes, we'd lose some power too by getting rid of the veto, but with the UK, France and usually several other NATO/US/Western aligned countries on it at the same time, we can still effectively control things.

So let me get this straight, you want Western Troops in Syria to be a police force. You do realize a good majority of foreign insurgents in Iraq came from Syria and a majority of the Middle East has a pretty low opinion of the West. If you want to send the police force, let the Arab League do it. I personally wouldn't want to go, especially in a blue helmet where rules of engagement prevent me from protecting my buddy.

I'm sorry, but most of Western Troops are burnt out from a long conflict in Afghanistan and Iraq, and in the current credit crunch, no one has the monetary funding to actually do something about it other than sanctions. Forget about China and Russia, they are interventionist, and only intervene when it threatens their profits.

I am not saying a Western force as in Iraq Afghanistan etc I meant a multinational co-operative force maybe troops from Eygpt to lead off with other troops for example Saudi or Omani taking the lead on that... keep the westerners out of it let the Arab League run the show its those that want Assad out etc etc... The UN line was meant to be sarcastic in that I once did that stint wearing the Blue Hat in Bosnia and saw how screwed up that got... as to the UN maybe giving it some teeth (Multinational from all militaries across the globe) would allow them access to some of the best troops and best equipment for the situation...

Only big issue for that is the amount of Corruption and budget overspend it would require... :blink:

Edited by Slartibartfast

I agree, it shosuld be fellow arabs, the Arab League, to sort this out; namely Saudi Arabia and the UAE have the forces and equipment and more, the credability.

Just like it should be the African Union sorting out Zimbabwe.

Alas, the killing will continue while the bigger nations argue on, just like Rwanda. Until it comes to a point like Kosovo where the "west" will have no option but to intervene. Personally I wouldn't want a Chineese/Russian intervention, but if it'd stop the killings... as with the rest of the region, one big fcuking mess.

So let me get this straight, you want Western Troops in Syria to be a police force. You do realize a good majority of foreign insurgents in Iraq came from Syria and a majority of the Middle East has a pretty low opinion of the West. If you want to send the police force, let the Arab League do it. I personally wouldn't want to go, especially in a blue helmet where rules of engagement prevent me from protecting my buddy.

I'm sorry, but most of Western Troops are burnt out from a long conflict in Afghanistan and Iraq, and in the current credit crunch, no one has the monetary funding to actually do something about it other than sanctions. Forget about China and Russia, they are interventionist, and only intervene when it threatens their profits.

Thats what I'm saying if Russia and China are thier Allies as well as the Arab League they should step in and render aid.

Edited by MAKO69

My apologies for misunderstanding you both. I'm just tired of the world viewing the US as the World Police. Let the Middle East sort out their own issues, they need to step up and take the lead in their region.

Speaking of the U.N, Mr. Nutty himself (Glenn Beck), just interviewed Ami Horowitz on his new documentary.

Edited by suhsjake

COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE UN, It's the people of this nation I am worried about, thier "Friends" Russia and China are not going to do anything, nor is the UN. This bullsh!t needs to stop. I'm afraid the US and UK are a little used up in this sort of global police force duty. It's time Russia and China step up to the plate and help the global community.

US bought it by itself in the cold war period as an attempt to sell arms with its alliance policy, now US have to face the consequences of this policy.

it is all about interest, there was never nothing like i'm worried about 'x country population' nor the WW2 was like that.

nobody will take action to save one if there is not a bigger interest in the ballance of power that perhaps will benefit the population of any place.

human kind sucks so hard.

Another atrocity.....And again no one does a thing.The wealthier Arab countries should be ashamed.They could easily intervene and stop the violence

Before bashing UN, remember who is the major funder and has the majoritary vote over it, and also has the power to defend its own interests and do it at own will. boredom.gif

What we see in Syria is an religious civil war. The minority of the syrian people are shiit (like Iran and Iraq) and alawit (local minority). The majority is sunnit (like Saudi Arabia). Sunni Saudis and shia Iranians now play their own little and ugly game who is the leading power in middle east. And they play it on the back of the syrian people.

Unfortunatly the west cant do anything in the right way. If we would support the anti Bashar forces we support the Saudis and their medieval style of islam. If we let survive Bashar, then we support the Iranians.

Its a lose lose situation for us. Either the societey who was the basic for Al-Queda or the Ayathollas. What a mess!!!!!

The UN performed a worthwhile function in the 1950's, overtime it has become a paper tiger

The UN issued 16 Letters to Saddam Hussain of IRAQ Demanding that he be a good boy. The whole time IRAQ was a Cash Cow for the UN in the (oil for food scam). Bush invaded IRAQ enforceing the demands of the UN and ruined everything. Oil for Food would STILL be active, and the IRAQI people would still be starving

The way I describe the UN is like having Boobs on a Bull

no freaking way, UN's main goal was to avoid an WW3, which is accomplished to the date.

how they do it? trough enforcing dialog, cooperation and social programs and human development program, without such initiatives more people in the world would be screwed.

fun story is that UN don't issue letters and reports about its main funders, and even funnier is that they get bashed by their funding countries people.

i really don't know why the devloped countries blame UN, mainly the P5 countries do not get sanctions.

I am not saying a Western force as in Iraq Afghanistan etc I meant a multinational co-operative force maybe troops from Eygpt to lead off with other troops for example Saudi or Omani taking the lead on that... keep the westerners out of it let the Arab League run the show its those that want Assad out etc etc...

Besides, it could be a fine trial for the New Iraqi Army: fighting and possibly winning at last a honorable war, helping to sweep away the last and stinkiest remnants of the cursed Ba'ath era, cementing the army around a first deserving feat...

IRAN chairing the comittee on Women's Rights.

Why do you consider this being a joke?

IRAN itself has a pitiful record as far as granting rights to women. They are truly second class citizens. They can't do anything except serve as a breeding sow. that includes voting and driving. When a woman gets raped which has been known to happen, she must provide four male witnesses, or don't bother bringing the case to court..

This is completely incorrect. Actually Iran is one of the leading countries in regards to woman involvement and enrollment in society in the world. Majority of university students in Iran are actually woman, they are also in government as ministers and in parliament, they are also in the police, culture and fu** it, pretty much everywhere. The only thing they have that is different is the dress code which I really don't see as some oppressing method as that is pretty much their culture and should be none of our or anybody elses concern. Also I think they have a separate Persian womans day along with the international one...yeah what fascists lol

This type of behavior is not only in IRAN, but in any country which is run under SHARIA Law. In those countries, it's fun to be male

I wouldn't say treating woman like animals is fun...but I get your point...

Saudi Arabia is a bit of a contradiction, in that women are allowed to drive, yet they still chop off the Hand of a thief.. . . I wish to never be convicted of RAPE in Saudi Arabia

And this is again incorrect, there is little places on this planet that are as oppressing as Saudi Arabia, in that country women really are treated like animals, completely segregated they can be forced to marriage at the age of 9(!!!), are not allowed to drive, must constantly be under supervision of a male guardian(like dogs).

Rape victims are often sentenced not only to jail but also to whipping(lashing?) for not obeying segregation laws, funny eh?

Not only they don't participate in politics, they can't even fu*** vote, dress code is not a simple covering of the hair as in Iran but complete and brutally enforced.

But hey as long as our politicians and thus media consider Saudi F**** Arabia our biggest friends since God himself they can even be the largest financial supporters of international terrorism, treat women like dogs, oppress their population...it's ok...as long as we get to blame Iran for all horrors of the world...