Gepard

EURO 2012

The ball is round, and the round must go into the squary (also called goal or Tor or something). So simple is football. (Okay, our american friends call it soccer and strangely they have a game what they call football where the players can carry the ball by hand :dntknw: Why they then call it football instead handball? :dntknw: :dntknw: :dntknw: :dntknw: )

Be it like it be.

The EURO 2012 championchip has started, the first game is on. Poland vs Greece. At the moment Polen is leading with 1:0.

Why oh why are referees on such tournaments always such amateurs?

It's annoying... :heat:

Best of luck to all your teams - if England get past the group stage I will be surprised!

The EURO 2012 championship has started

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::boredom: :boredom: :boredom::lazy::lazy:

Edited by Piecemeal

i'm glad brazil do not need to win copa america, otherwiser we would not classify for Wolrd Cup

Personally, I wonder what surprise our "équipe de France" reserve for this competition: another players strike ? National talent even when awash under millions !

Poland : Greece 1:1

Edited by Gepard

Russia 4 : 1 Czech Republic

This evening Germany vs Portugal.

To be honest, as good the german team was last year (nearly invincible) so bad it is this year.

I still think Germans are one of the favorites to win the tournament...

The Netherlands lost!!! I didnt expect that to happen. Denmark 1, Netherlands 0

A stunner.

The Netherlands lost!!! I didnt expect that to happen. Denmark 1, Netherlands 0

A stunner.

Yup I was shocked too, I even chose not to watch it and went out to play basketball thinking there's nothing to watch...

Watching Germany now, Portugal is playing ultra-defense, still hoping Germany will get into their usual attack mode and do something...

Nothing for the Dutch either I think.....:rofl:

A great start for our team :drinks:

A great start for our team :drinks:

Well done, though a penalty for Orange would have been justified.....

Edited by Derk

Thanks Derk. Yep agree with the penalty. But I guess if your team had played as a team and not played selfish like Robben. Then we would had been in serious trouble

If by penalty you guys mean that "hand play" I disagree, I have just seen it and that can't be for penalty as there is clearly no intention, the ball was kicked very hard from a very short distance, Jacobsen couldn't possibly lower his arm in time to avoid being hit...

Btw did anybody watch the Russians yesterday? Beastly play, they really played it nicely...

Well, penalty or not, I was not that much impressed anyway by our team, especially later in the match.

The Danish goal was a very good job by the guy who scored (Krohn-Dehli ,played in NL with Ajax a couple of years ago but only as a substitute and was sold because they saw no future for him ...:blink: ) , but I also consider it a blunder by the goalie.

What the Danes did extremely well after that, was the rock-solid consolidation of their lead !!!

Let's not forget that Denmark has been European Champion before and they DO have good players. A lot of them play in the top German en English leagues and three of the players last night (Eriksen,Paulsen, Schöne) play over here in top teams. Rommedahl played for Ajax for years and in fact all the major teams in Holland regularly have Danes playing in their teams. Even the coach, Morten Olsen has been the coach of the same Ajax in 1997 and they considered asking him again in 2009..... So a lot of overlap between Denmark and Holland, and very good contacts. The Danes we have here are very well liked and usually speak our language very well after a short time, a very nice point I think......

Edited by Derk

And Germany won 1:0. I'm very astonished. :drinks:

Well, penalty or not, I was not that much impressed anyway by our team, especially later in the match.

The Danish goal was a very good job by the guy who scored (Krohn-Dehli ,played in NL with Ajax a couple of years ago but only as a substitute and was sold because they saw no future for him ...:blink: ) , but I also consider it a blunder by the goalie.

What the Danes did extremely well after that, was the rock-solid consolidation of their lead !!!

Let's not forget that Denmark has been European Champion before and they DO have good players. A lot of them play in the top German en English leagues and three of the players last night (Eriksen,Paulsen, Schöne) play over here in top teams. Rommedahl played for Ajax for years and in fact all the major teams in Holland regularly have Danes playing in their teams. Even the coach, Morten Olsen has been the coach of the same Ajax in 1997 and they considered asking him again in 2009..... So a lot of overlap between Denmark and Holland, and very good contacts. The Danes we have here are very well liked and usually speak our language very well after a short time, a very nice point I think......

I think it overall was a good match. With fairplay except for the incident where the Dutch teamleader got the yellow card. We were just that more effective and had the small marginals on our side.

YUP ! CROATIA - IRELAND 3:1 :bye:

Edited by hrc

YUP ! CROATIA - IRELAND 3:1 :bye:

Yup! It went really well :cool:

Saw it, Croatia did well !:good:

Looking forward to Wednesday!

Deutschland vs. Holland! :cool::grin::drinks:

England tonight....my favourite!...I love watching their games...like a pantomime of hilarity

Poland-Russia tomorrow. I'm worried about this one...