UK_Widowmaker

Gonna have to re-purchase HITR

Damn and blast it!...HDD failure, with all my downloads on it!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGHHH

Can't you just find the download link in the old email or something? You shouldn't have to repurchase the game, if so then that's messed up.

Can't you just find the download link in the old email or something? You shouldn't have to repurchase the game, if so then that's messed up.

probs long since gone..I don't mind too much, it's only $9.99 I spose

Get yourself an external HD for backups, UK. Well worth it in the long run.

Damn and blast it!...HDD failure, with all my downloads on it!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGHHH

Not that this does you a damn bit of good now but... I too keep my game downloads backed up in multiple locations. Really need to invest in a new external HDD though so I can flat out image my gaming desktop computer. Makes life so much easier in the event of a crash.

Perhaps there's a subconscious desire to donate to the cause - that it might hasten the release of WOFF and, with it, the beloved Sopwith Snipe! :grin:

At any rate - my sympathies, Widow. It sucks to lose data... and it's happened to me far too many times. :heat:

Get yourself an external HD for backups, UK. Well worth it in the long run.

It was the external one! :this:

never realised until I've come to reinstall it

It's just not showing up in the BIOS or in Windows Explorer

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Now that is a bummer.

It doesn't help you now but My downloads are on 2 HDDs, 1 in the PC the other external.

Was it working OK last time you used it? If it's USB try plugging it in on another socket if you've got one.

There are various HDD diagnostic tools on the 'net and some are collected together on the Ultimate Boot CD.

Of course, I've just remembered this was your line of work, Doh............I'll just be of now as I've got to teach my grandmother to suck eggs.

Now that is a bummer.

It doesn't help you now but My downloads are on 2 HDDs, 1 in the PC the other external.

Was it working OK last time you used it? If it's USB try plugging it in on another socket if you've got one.

There are various HDD diagnostic tools on the 'net and some are collected together on the Ultimate Boot CD.

Of course, I've just remembered this was your line of work, Doh............I'll just be of now as I've got to teach my grandmother to suck eggs.

lol

Appreciated m8...yeah, did all the usual...it's as dead as a dodo

May be I am over cautious, but I had so many surprises in the last 25 years that I always have 3 copies of important stuff... 1 on a second PC HD, 1 on external HD and 1 CD or DVD depending of size. For OFF I have a CD with BHaH patches, HitR and 1.47 patch that is stored with my game DVD.

For RoF and IL2 1946 I have whole folder copy of the games last version on external HD ( 24 Gigs for my IL2 install) so I just have to reinstall from the original DVD and make a copy of the whole folder on top.

Edited by corsaire31