CaptSopwith

OFF Windows 7 Theme

Hi Guys!

I've never really been able to create much from scratch for the community - but here's a little something to add to the anticipation while we all await the release of WOFF. Here is my own OFF Windows 7 desktop theme. The theme comes complete with over 120 desktop backgrounds taken from screenshots of OFF posted here at Combat Ace and from my own personal flights. Also in this pack is a full collection of sound effects. Flak bursts, tearing canvas, sputtering rotary engines - all greet you as you use your computer. Lastly, this theme includes some classic Windows 98 icons for "Computer," "Network," and "Recycle Bin" to give your desktop that early 20th century look. Hope you enjoy!

Note: desktop wallpapers are widescreen 16:10 ratio but should scale pretty reasonably.

Let me know what you think and I hope this serves as a small way of giving back to a community that has given me so much.

Cheers! :drinks:

Here's the link: http://combatace.com/files/file/13054-off-desktop-theme-for-windows-7/

CaptSopwith, do you think it is Vista compatable? Sounds like good bit of work you've done.

I would think anything like this that works in Win7 will work in Vista.

BTW, Ricketycrate, please check your PMs :bye:

Thanks guys! Glad you're enjoying it so far! If anyone would like me to make a zipped version with all of the parts - I can do that as well - that would be handy for anyone using Vista, as I'm pretty sure Windows 7 themes aren't backwards compatible with Vista.

Weirdly enough - the old Windows 98 themes work... that's right - Microsoft seems to have dug up the architecture to make Windows 7 theme files function the way they used to with the old Microsoft Plus! packages. Odd...

Like I said - I can include a kit of parts - it would require assembly on the users end - but would be handy way to "build your own" if anyone's interested in that sort of thing.

Cheers! :drinks:

Will the screenies work with XP?

I know, I know, I really should update to Win7. Sheesh! black%20eye.gif