Olham

Mmuahahahahahaaa! - Mmuahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!

Since Lothar has explained it yesterday, I have now installed JSGME into the main "OBD Software" folder.

Getting into our first fight, I realised immediately, that I had no glowing tracers.

Since a long time I thought I used Creaghorn+Elephant's tracer mod.

No, I hadn't! Only now I do!

So maybe the Blechley campaigns also never really worked for me?

Damn, the shame...

But now I'm really gonna experience all this stuff.

Edited by Olham

The Bletchley Missions and AA, and the Buddy1998 missions work with a JSGME installed in the main OBD Software folder... ( if you look inside the mod folder, you will see they start with a CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields folder.

Well, my Mod and I believe Creaghorn's too,

were optimised to be used with JSGME installed in CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields folder

and not in the OBD Software. :no:

The new folder structure was introduced by the Mod Bundles...

Damn, now I'm totally confused.

I always had seen some glow in the tracers before. Now with my change of directory,

I do not see any tracer glow anymore.

All the mods still work, you just have to change the file structure in the individual mods to now reflect that they are being istalled for a different location.

Take a look at HPW FM 2.2 and you will see how it now conforms to the JSGME located in the OBDSoftware location.

I've had to do this for years on differnt games to get various JSGME mods to work.:grin:

Edited by Panama Red

Well, how many JSGME can you have in one sim????

Cause: Elephant's tracer mods are made for JSGME in the folder "CFSWW1 Over Flanders fields".

This is getting terribly confusing!

What Panama Red said is right.

If you have JSGME installed in OBD Software folder,

you have to add a 'CFSWW1 Over Flanders fields' folder to the Mods folder sequence....

in the case of my Mod:

Tracers elephant/CFSWW1 Over Flanders fields/effects

The same with other Mods check always the folder sequence.

Pretty easy, huh?

The Ultimate sound mod compilation ( with Creaghorn and Andy73 sound mods ) is installed via JSGME in the OBD Software folder. HPW FMs and DMs, as well as Arc Mod for HPW FMs are made to be installed via JSGME inside the CFSWW1 Over Flanders fields folder.

Of course you can have one JSGME installed in both folders, but it's easier to manage with everything at the same level.

I decided to stick everything in the OBD Software folder, so the idea is simply to add the CFSWW1 Over Flanders fields level to the HPW FMs and DMs mods.

I agree it would be simpler for people not willing to stick their hands under the hood that all mods be released at the same level...

Hasse Wind helped me out with the previous HPW mods.

With those, I can leave everything as it was.

Since Lothar has explained it yesterday, I have now installed JSGME into the main "OBD Software" folder.

Getting into our first fight, I realised immediately, that I had no glowing tracers.

Since a long time I thought I used Creaghorn+Elephant's tracer mod.

No, I hadn't! Only now I do!

So maybe the Blechley campaigns also never really worked for me?

Damn, the shame...

Yeah it's pretty funny. I wonder how many complaints about mods not working over the years have been due to this simple thing. Seems all the people reporting the FM/EW mods worked just fine with their skins didn't actually have the FM/EW mods correctly activated. So much confusion! Glad we're finally sorting it out.

The Ultimate sound mod compilation ( with Creaghorn and Andy73 sound mods ) is installed via JSGME in the OBD Software folder. HPW FMs and DMs, as well as Arc Mod for HPW FMs are made to be installed via JSGME inside the CFSWW1 Over Flanders fields folder.

Of course you can have one JSGME installed in both folders, but it's easier to manage with everything at the same level.

I decided to stick everything in the OBD Software folder, so the idea is simply to add the CFSWW1 Over Flanders fields level to the HPW FMs and DMs mods.

I agree it would be simpler for people not willing to stick their hands under the hood that all mods be released at the same level...

JSGME should always be installed in the ODBsoftware folder or its equivalent in order to support all mods. HPW's version 2.2 FM/EW mods have been corrected to work there right off the bat, and OlPaint's bundle versions of the DM and Arc Mods are good to go as well. Hopefully the community can standardize this so we don't need to worry about it for future mods.

Also remember, mod authors, in the future don't put version numbers in your mod folder names either so new versions can be updated transparently. You can stick a readme text file with the version number in the title inside your mod folder to make it easy for people to see which version they've downloaded.