Doesn't TEWS RWR contacts blink when you are being Tracked?

My RWR displays a Diamond around the current most important contact, and will correctly show a blinking Circle with Audio Warning when the contact FIRES.

Sometimes I have a few SA-2 and SA-6 batteries around me and I get the audio tracking warning but I do not know which of these contacts are tracking me.

If I'm not mistaken tracking radars used to show in the RWR?

The Old Vector RWR work correctly on this respect..

(Playing on a STOCK full merged May2012 patch)

In a word, no. The threat level is first determined by the mode of the emitter in relation to the center of a TEWS display, and then by flashing. Only those radars in guidance mode will flash, and display an icon in the center of the screen, those furthest out from the center would be in search mode, and those halfway between the edge and the center, would be in track mode.

And TK has it coded backwards.

The no-threat symbols should be around the center, then being displyed further outward with increasing signal strenght or threat level, with active tracking/firing threats displayed on the outer edge of the display which gives much clearer threat bearing info.

The no-threat symbols should be around the center, then being displyed further outward with increasing signal strenght or threat level, with active tracking/firing threats displayed on the outer edge of the display which gives much clearer threat bearing info.

And that can be easily fixed :good:

I think it depends on the particular system. Most systems I've researched lately, is told to display low threats on outer ring, the only reference I found with the reverse order:

http://everything.explained.at/Radar_warning_receiver/

"The concentric rings on the display signify different 'lethality zones'. The outer ring signifies that the threat is beyond engagement range (ie the range it can engage you, not vice versa), the middle ring signifies that the threat is within engagement range, the inner ring equates to a 'no-escape' zone. In the example below, the SA-6 and F-15 are both well within the engagement zone and on the borderline of the 'no-escape' zone. This ordering of the rings applies to the AN/ALR-69 found in, for example, the F-16. However, some sources claim the order is reversed on the AN/ALR-67, with the 'critical' zone being the outer ring. In many ways this would make more sense, because it allows greater spacial separation of the highest priority threats on the display, allowing the pilot a greater degree of angular resolution when determining the direction of the threat."

I think it depends on the particular system. Most systems I've researched lately, is told to display low threats on outer ring, the only reference I found with the reverse order:

"The concentric rings on the display signify different 'lethality zones'. The outer ring signifies that the threat is beyond engagement range (ie the range it can engage you, not vice versa), the middle ring signifies that the threat is within engagement range, the inner ring equates to a 'no-escape' zone. In the example below, the SA-6 and F-15 are both well within the engagement zone and on the borderline of the 'no-escape' zone. This ordering of the rings applies to the AN/ALR-69 found in, for example, the F-16. However, some sources claim the order is reversed on the AN/ALR-67, with the 'critical' zone being the outer ring. In many ways this would make more sense, because it allows greater spacial separation of the highest priority threats on the display, allowing the pilot a greater degree of angular resolution when determining the direction of the threat."

The F-16 RWR (ALR-56M?) modelled in BMS has a Target separate button to space the contacts out a bit

Yep, and probably on the service years of the systems.

At first (70s/early 80s) it was set up to replicate the the old Vector-Type "3-ringer" , which showed the strongest signal as the longest vector line.

For the time frame of TKs games its a bit off presently.

But no problem, 99% of the casual players think that the symbol displayed closest to the RWR center ( own aircraft) is the most threatening, and thats OK for a Game ;D

:ninja: