Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Aviatik-Berg D.I 185hp

Ojcar and I have made an Aviatik-Berg D.I with a detachable, wing mounted Schwarzlose. Installation is a little more complicated because you need to install the weapon as well as the plane. Ojcar has tricked-out the data file to allow you try to unjam the gun if necessary. If you use the gun on another plane, you will need to set the ammo in the weapons data to about 320. The ammo chutes in the model are angled to match the angle of the gun on this plane.

Thanks to ojcar for making the FM and the weapon data, and for teaching me about weapon stations. Thanks to quack74 for letting me use one of his skins for this plane. And thanks to Nix for making the engine sound.

post-67404-0-43063400-1339363977.jpg

post-67404-0-22747500-1339363984.jpg

post-67404-0-87629400-1339363989.jpg

Fantastic work - and potentially useful for other models as well!

Thanks very much for the effort, and thanks again for getting it done right.

I have only just downloaded FE2 and the Aviatik was the first aircraft add-on I downloaded to see how it works. Only problem is I can't seem to get the guns or decals to work. Probably a noob question. Running Win7.

cheers and thanks

I have only just downloaded FE2 and the Aviatik was the first aircraft add-on I downloaded to see how it works. Only problem is I can't seem to get the guns or decals to work. Probably a noob question. Running Win7.

cheers and thanks

If you have the plane in the game, then you've already found the place where mods are installed in FE2. The decals need to go into a different folder from the plane, there's a decals folder - and the gun needs to be installed in the weapons folder. There should be instructions in the read me file.

Edited by Stephen1918