We're working on it but we have some difficulties with the fuel tanks. Some sources say that they use F-5E fuel tanks but some others say that it was only experimental... So we don't know which ones to use.

BTW, if you have some informations about that... :biggrin:

• Thanks 1

Well, these are definitely F-5 275 gal drop tanks:

Иранските изтребители Mirage F1 с крилати ракети собствено производство -  Pan.bg

Iran's Mirage F1 Squadron: Fighters With Unknown History! - Military-wiki

Mirages F.1 iranianos agora com novo sistema de geração de oxigênio a bordo  - Cavok Brasil - Notícias de Aviação em Primeira Mão

Babak Taghvaee - Μπάπακ Τακβαίε - بابک تقوایی on Twitter: "Back in 2009, my  colleague was fired from #Iran Air Force over his refusal to swear  allegiance to Islamic flag of the

The fact that all pictures from various angles represent just 1 airframe (3-6403) supports the theory that this could be just an experiment.

I was unable to find pictures of other airframes fitted with such tanks.

On the other hand fitting F-5 drop tanks to Mirage F1 in Iran makes a lot of sense considering how much IRIAF is exploiting the F-5 models, even to the extent of making their own variants - Azarakhsh, Saeqeh and Saeqeh-2.

I would vote to implement both types, so players could choose on their own what to fit during a mission. In my opinion that would not be what-if territory.

Can't wait for the Mirage F-1CT though, I am so happy it is its turn now.

Edited by Svetlin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Svetlin said:

Well, these are definitely F-5 275 gal drop tanks:

The fact that all pictures from various angles represent just 1 airframe (3-6403) supports the theory that this could be just an experiment.

I was unable to find pictures of other airframes fitted with such tanks.

On the other hand fitting F-5 drop tanks to Mirage F1 in Iran makes a lot of sense considering how much IRIAF is exploiting the F-5 models, even to the extent of making their own variants - Azarakhsh, Saeqeh and Saeqeh-2.

I would vote to implement both types, so players could choose on their own what to fit during a mission. In my opinion that would not be what-if territory.

Can't wait for the Mirage F-1CT though, I am so happy it is its turn now.

I have to agree. I mean it's not technically wrong to implement the tanks on the  Iranian version but having tanks would probably benefit some player down the line.

Ok, we will make test to add the F-5E fuel tank to the Mirage F1.

@Wilches I cannot see the pictures in the link you posted.

And yes, we will make the Mirage F1CR :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, ludo.m54 said:

Ok, we will make test to add the F-5E fuel tank to the Mirage F1.

@Wilches I cannot see the pictures in the link you posted.

And yes, we will make the Mirage F1CR :biggrin:

It has no photos but an interesting text about tanks and versions. Use the translator. 

Thanks for the great news!!!!:biggrin:

Thanks Wilches, I share the translated text with the team :good:

Another question, do one of you have the dimensions of the F-5E 275 gallons fuel tank ?

Ravenclaw is the best person to go to as usual. He has created the excellent 275-gal drop tank, built into the NF-5A model by Sophocles.

Perhaps you could talk with Ravenclaw, he surely has the dimensions since he has already created a model of the drop tank.

Having personally seen how generous Ravenclaw is, I would not be surprised if he decides to save you time and provides you the ready model of the tank to incorporate into the Mirage F1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your answers guy !

Logan4 gave us the F-5E fuel tanks he made, thanks to him :clapping:

The adventures of the Mirage F1 continue :biggrin:

• Like 5

Mirage F1CT standard T1 v4.0 waits for approval.

Have fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, ludo.m54 said:

Mirage F1CT standard T1 v4.0 waits for approval.

Have fun.

Ready for download!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/7/2022 at 12:59 PM, Stratos said:

Go get them guys! available now!

BTW, what are the differences between EQ5 and EQ6?

On 10/7/2022 at 4:07 PM, Svetlin said:

I guess a very brief description of the differences would be that provided in Wikipedia for EQ-6 - new Sherloc digital RWR, new Cyrano IV-SP1 radar, and capable of carrying two Exocet missiles at once. 30 built

Mirage F1EQ-5 is capable of carrying a single Exocet under the fuselage. Other sources indicate Cyrano IV-MR radar with terrain avoidance capability for the EQ-6.

An interesting piece of information on the EQ-6, that I came across,  is that back in 1989 those were equipped with rails to carry and launch Kh-29L soviet/russian laser guided A2G missiles.

On a different note, I am happy to see new Mirage F1 variants with later cockpits and more recce, ECM, etc. pods included in the weapons list, so I hope we are close to the moment when it will be time for updated Mirage F1CT/CR versions.

Cyrano IVMR radar is specific to the F1CR, not installed in the EQ series.
But all radar variants of the EQ series have terrain avoidance/anti-collision modes which are all not automatic (so not like in the A-6/F-111/Tornado)
The Kh-29L modification was made with at least 2 EQ5 aircraft. Didnt see any combat usage.
Combat operations were conducted with a pair of aircraft, an EQ5 for target designation and a Su-22M4 as shooter with Kh-29L

The EQ6 is an EQ5 with following changes/enhancements:
- new digital RWR
- new radios
- improved radar with SPI - Signal Processor Improvement with two Air-Surface modes (for targeting ships)
- enhanced armament system with a default capability for mixed loads on the inner-wing stations (AS 30 L or AM 39 + tank)
 and a configuration of two AM 39 Exocet on the inner wing stations (includes new launcher pylons)

Iraq received all but the last 4 of the 30 EQ6 on order. Seven of the delivered EQ6 were painted in the dark blue/white Super Etendard scheme.

• Like 4

We fixed few bugs on the Mirage F1CT Standard 1, the version 4.0.1 have been uploaded.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

re-approved, and ready to downloading!!!

• Like 2

Mirage F1CT Standard T2 is uploaded and waits for approval.

The usual preview by Coupi

img00001.jpg

img00003.jpg

img00004.jpg

img00012.jpg

img00037.jpg

img00040.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

The Mirage F1EQ-6 is uploaded and waits for approval.

The preview by Coupi :

img00001.jpg

img00007.jpg

img00010.jpg

img00016.jpg

img00018.jpg

img00019.jpg

img00021.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Mirage F1EDA v4.0.0 is uploaded and will be available soon.

A specific spanish version will be available later.

The usual preview by Coupi

img00003.jpg

img00005.jpg

img00010.jpg

img00013.jpg

img00015.jpg

img00017.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

So, i'd like to ask if there is a "paint kit" available for the Mirage F1 ? I tried my hand at modifying the jpeg skins, but i'd like to know if there are paint kits with layers and masks somewhere ?