Sign in to follow this  
exhausted

The Book Thread

List the books you have read and are reading!

Reading:

51FFmL00o%2BL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Part of The Pacific was based on this.

41GzJwxjjEL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

I sought out this book after reading World War Z, which copies the oral history format of this book. I enjoy the interviews and perspectives. The most interesting parts so far are the interviews from the conscience objector and the racist Kentucky National Guard unit which was sent to the Philippines in November '41.

Finished:

1:

51Ah0%2BHIMSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The hardback edition. It's very comprehensive and I was glued through the accounts of SAM dodging over Hanoi and Iraq 2003!

51wvUMvmJFL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

51xl8YowOnL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

The last 3 books in preparation for a dual 1/72 model build.

41PXEafSrfL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

An interesting perspective from an Airman who flew several missions suppressing anti air threats during Desert Storm. The IADS wasn't the only threat to these mens security.

51eeND-GCLL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Once again in preparation for a model build, I love to see how the Devil Dogs used it!

Edited by exhausted

Just finished Full Spectrum Dominance: Totalitarian Democracy in the New World Order by F. William Engdahl. Not exactly an aviation book but an real eye opener

Just finishing Red Storm Rising again... now Where's the Movie for it ???

And also just finishing this book as well :-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Soviet-Tactical-Aviation-Gordon-Yefim/dp/1902109236/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339495090&sr=1-1

about Soviet Tactical Aviation since the end of WW2...

as an aside I am now hunting for what to read next...

just wrapped up Turtledoves second book about if Hitler was confronted over Czechoslovakia rather than appeased. good series and interesting how he faces a coup much sooner....

Just finishing off this book with a very sore belly from laughing:

post-29988-0-81254400-1339498518.jpg

Can't wait to start his follow on book:

post-29988-0-02626700-1339498641.jpg

Finishing these

9781846034626-th2.jpg

51WJSYPCGDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

9782352500186.jpg

The S-Boote book is piece of art !

And also just finishing this book as well :-

http://www.amazon.co...39495090&sr=1-1

about Soviet Tactical Aviation since the end of WW2...

as an aside I am now hunting for what to read next...

I still wondering too... The Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games or The Sum of All Fear are good ones, but the wait for an adaption of this one or Code SSN is horrible.

Edited by B52STRATO

Finished a novel called "Battle Royale" a Japan totalitarian story bout a Japan gov't make students fight each other. Like Hunger Games but this book came in print before that novel.

Highly recommend it in reading.

Right now I'm reading "Good luck, Yukikaze" Yep the book of the anime series.

Falcon

I re-read that too a few weeks ago to get me in the mood for SF2:NA (as I'm sure many others did!)

I'm currently re-reading Harold Coyle's Sword Point about WW3 fought in Iran - might be a good scenario for Gepard/Wrench's Persian Gulf terrain?

Next up I'm alternating between Ian Fleming's James Bond novels and Stephen Hunter's Bob Lee Swagger series, both of which I'm slowly working through as I see them on Ebay - I didn't realise how close some of the Bond movies actually are to the books.

Non-fiction military and aviation stuff is slotted in between the novels.

BTW anyone know when the next Tom Clancy (Locked On?) is out in paperback? Having said that the last one - Against All Enemies - was one of the worst novels I have ever read! Badly written and badly edited - I don't think TC even had a hand in it except maybe to suggest a scenario.

Loved this - especially the format it was written in:

1258978007163061049Pic.jpg

Now reading:

9781849084444.JPG

I read the second one. I'm waiting for the next book in the series for Harriers. It will be on OIF and OEF.

I was fascinated by VMA-311 (I think?) taking some of VMAT-203's birds into war.