I have been really enjoying the new F-16c......very nice work guys :clapping:

However I keep feeling that the HSI is giving me completely misleading information, as you can see from the picture below I am on course for WPT 3 (230deg) however the HSI tells me I should be bearing 110deg

post-39468-0-02332500-1339482329.jpg

Later in the same flight......different waypoint......similar results

post-39468-0-65253100-1339482441.jpg

I have had this result with everyone of the new Vipers on every flight.......If anyone can see something obvious that I'm missing it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Romflyer

173 views.......and not so much as a nibble :blink:

I guess my explanation wasnt very good of what the problem I am having is.........The HSI keeps telling me the completely wrong heading......If you look at the second screen you can see that the needle is pointing almost 180deg off......I am using the autopilot in that picture to confirm that it's not just me being.......an idiot, the autopilot is autopiloting me to waypoint 4 at 194deg but the HSI says I should be heading 030deg :dntknw:

Has anyone else noticed this while flying this beautiful new plane??

I haven't got the new Vipers yet, but it looks to me like the Course needle and CDI bar don't give you the expected information.

Ideally, the Course needle should always point in the direction of the flight planned track. So the CDI bar will give you deviation information from that track.

From your pictures it looks like the bearing pointer (i.e. bearing to the next waypoint) is the small triangle just outside the compass rose.

If you post the relevant sections from the _COCKPIT.ini I could have a look at them.

Dels

I haven't got the new Vipers yet, but it looks to me like the Course needle and CDI bar don't give you the expected information.

Ideally, the Course needle should always point in the direction of the flight planned track. So the CDI bar will give you deviation information from that track.

From your pictures it looks like the bearing pointer (i.e. bearing to the next waypoint) is the small triangle just outside the compass rose.

If you post the relevant sections from the _COCKPIT.ini I could have a look at them.

Dels

Thanks for the reply Dels

here are the HSI lines from within the COCKPIT.INI

[HSIWheel]

Type=MAGNETIC_COMPASS

NodeName=HSI_Wheel

MovementType=ROTATION_Z

ValueUnit=DEG

Set[01].Position=00.0

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=-360.0

Set[02].Value=360.0

[HSI_BearingMarker]

Type=BEARING_MARKER

NodeName=HSI_pointer

MovementType=ROTATION_Z

ValueUnit=DEG

Set[01].Position=0

Set[01].Value=0

Set[02].Position=360.0

Set[02].Value=360.0

[HSI_CourseDeviation]

Type=COURSE_DEVIATION

NodeName=HSI_CourseDeviation

MovementType=POSITION_X

ValueUnit=DEG

Set[01].Position=-0.018

Set[01].Value=-5.0

Set[02].Position=0.018

Set[02].Value=5.0

[CourseCounter]

Type=COURSE_ARROW

CounterNodeFormat=HSI_Course_dig%d

MovementType=ANALOG_COUNTER

ValueUnit=DEG

[CourseArrow]

Type=COURSE_ARROW

NodeName=HSI_Center

MovementType=ROTATION_Z

ValueUnit=DEG

Set[01].Position=00.0

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=360.0

Set[02].Value=360.0

Dels, as I'm sure you've noticed, those entries are almost word for word the same as the same entries from the stock F-4E, which obviously works fine. (Checked it to make sure it wasn't a patch issue.) The course arrow seems to be ignoring the fact that the HSI Wheel is rotating, and points to a location on the wheel that would be the proper bearing if the top of the wheel was always north. Noticed this on the MF Tomcats, too, but was unable to fix it except by locking the wheel in place as a heading marker (which is kinda cheesy cause the damn thing has a big N at the top.) I hope this is helpful, you may have to install one of these as a test bed. (They're worth getting anyway, real beauties!)

i´m sorry i just notice this thread now :blush:

the reason for this problem is a linkage error the HSI_Center should be linked to the HSI_Wheel but it was linked to the HSI_Instrument :oops:

i will fix all cockpits today and send them to Dave so he can once again update all Vipers :grin:

Thanks to Romflyer who found the error , all our test pilots did not find it

PLEASE if you find any error that needs fixing contact the TeamViper or me so i can fix it :pleasantry:

The course arrow seems to be ignoring the fact that the HSI Wheel is rotating, and points to a location on the wheel that would be the proper bearing if the top of the wheel was always north. Noticed this on the MF Tomcats, too, . (They're worth getting anyway, real beauties!)

You know I have struggled with navigation in the TMF Tomcats too but I have never been able to figure out what the hell I was doing wrong :dntknw: .........it's actually a detail that has kept me spending too much time in them, I kept getting lost and needed to refer to the inflight map to figure out where to go and it kinda spoiled the emmersion for me.

While I'm on the topic of TMF tomcats, a ways back I remember a release that was to upgrade the avionics in the TMF cat in the wake of the NA release, but when I recently went to find it, I had no luck??

@Dels..........like SupGen said about the Vipers.........What are you waiting for? :grin:

here are all cockpit lod´s in case you like to update each viper for yourself , Dave will update all vipers in the download section

Cockpit lod.7z

i hope that this is all and that there are no more errors :superstition:

• Like 1

Romflyer, the Tomcat avionics update is here: http://combatace.com/files/file/12879-f-14ab-avionics-update-april-2012/ but it doesn't address this issue except, as I said to lock the HSI wheel so the course arrow is at least pointing at the proper heading. Ravenclaw, do you have acess to the original model (Max files? I dunno, this is a little deeper than I usually go.:blink: )? As you can see from both Romflyer's and my previous posts, the exact same problem exists in the MF Tomcats. If you or someone else could fix that, the 'Cats would be purrrfect!

Romflyer, the Tomcat avionics update is here: http://combatace.com/files/file/12879-f-14ab-avionics-update-april-2012/ but it doesn't address this issue except, as I said to lock the HSI wheel so the course arrow is at least pointing at the proper heading. Ravenclaw, do you have acess to the original model (Max files? I dunno, this is a little deeper than I usually go.:blink: )? As you can see from both Romflyer's and my previous posts, the exact same problem exists in the MF Tomcats. If you or someone else could fix that, the 'Cats would be purrrfect!

sorry i dont have the 3ds-max file for the tomcat cockpit so this has to be fixed by TMF

Ravenclaw, thanks for the LODs, everything is good in ViperWorld now.:drinks:

@Dels..........like SupGen said about the Vipers.........What are you waiting for? :grin:

Too busy with my current (secrect) project. :ninja:

I found another problem, it's RWR. I have no visual indication of the radar irradiation, only a warning sound. I do not have any warning (audible and visual) from incoming AHM, SAHM or SAM missiles. It seems frustrating and depressing when you flying in such a beautiful and powerful mashine such as, for example, F-16C / D BLK52 completely deaf and blind, I feel like a clay pigeon, instead of being a true Falcon.

Despite everything, it would be ungrateful not to acknowledge that this is a colossal project, beautiful models. Thank you for everything.

Edited by strahi

I found another problem, it's RWR. I have no visual indication of the radar irradiation, only a warning sound. I do not have any warning (audible and visual) from incoming AHM, SAHM or SAM missiles. It seems frustrating and depressing when you flying in such a beautiful and powerful mashine such as, for example, F-16C / D BLK52 completely deaf and blind, I feel like a clay pigeon, instead of being a true Falcon.

Despite everything, it would be ungrateful not to acknowledge that this is a colossal project, beautiful models. Thank you for everything.

i dont know , i have no problem here :blink:

post-15260-0-81289900-1339796276.jpg

post-15260-0-03987000-1339796293.jpg

What patch level are you playing at?

[Version]

BuildDate=May 2012

StrikeFighters2=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Vietnam=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Europe=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Israel=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Exp1=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Exp2=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Exp3=FALSE

[OnlineNews]

LastUpdateVersion=May 2012

LastDLCCount=15

[DLC]

DLCData011=TRUE

i´m not sure but maybe with SF2NA there are some changes in the Avionics_ini needet ????

this is something i can not answer because i dont run SF2NA

I found what was causing the problem, I tested a simulation battle between the F-16C (BLUE) and F-16C (RED) both aircraft had identical weapons AIM-120C, every time I had the same result, there was no warning of the launch, there was no warnings of incoming rocket, my RWR was deaf and blind, and I beside him. In the second case, F-16C (RED) was armed with AIM-7M, and see miracles, RWR was duly warned me about the direction of irradiation of enemy radars, launch time, and the arrival of the projectile. Problem is my friends seem to AIM-120 (the "Ordnance Shop 2"), in fact I am all the time simulated dogfight between HAF and TuAF, and we all know what is in their arsenal.

Now I am quite sure, the mystery is revealed, there is no way to defend the AIM-120. No differences in aircraft, AMRAAM (death) comes silently and invisibly.

All Viper packs have been updated.