MAKO69

The BUELL

The BUELL is out and ready to go. The oem fuel cell started to bubble up as the ethanol percentage increased over the years. I got sick of repainting it evry 2 years went on e-bay last summer did the buy now option. Got the tank ftom the postman, put it on to see what it looked like. I liked the blue w/the custom black flames that were on it. I decided not to paint it black. Um yeah, the i-phone is the wife's before any of you coment on the pink i-phone.

IMG_1296.JPG

IMG_1298.JPG

IMG_1304.JPG

IMG_1305.JPG

IMG_1303.JPG

Edited by MAKO69

You all have seen mine lets see yours. Bikes and Trikes no CanAms!

Nice Buell, love the colour. Nice decepticon sticky there.

As posted in an older topic. Tis is the only pic I got of me riding on a really nice summer day, sadly no endo or wheelie :(

EDIT:- Honda CBR F4i with power commander and other stuff done to it. Now my only bike, street and track.

gallery_21253_98_125651.jpg

Edited by Atreides

Nice bike! (And Tacoma in the background)

That Tacoma is my R2 unit.

Mine's not as fast as you guys but I can go more places :grin:

414762_846934070568_1895351658_o.jpg

Someday I'll get a Triumph Tiger or a BMW F800GS, until then this guy will do just fine.

Ok, I am completely useless when it comes to knowing anything about bikes, so if I wanted to get a motorcycle license, what would be a good first bike? The Triumph Bonneville catches my eye.

This is all hypothetical, of course.

Nice bikes and summer seems to have finally taken hold here as well... will post pictures of mine when I get some decent photo's with good backgrounds... :drinks:

As to a good first bike depends the Bonneville's are a nice bike (I own a Trumpet as well though not a Bonneville) and because of the speed etc the Bonneville could be a good bike to start with... some may disagree...

Ahhh love the BUELL and her false fuel tank.

Ahhh love the BUELL and her false fuel tank.

My fuel cell is real not like the newer BUELLs, your thinking of the XB series that use the frame as the fuel tank and the swing arm as the oil tank. Mine is a '98 about 4 gallons of fuel in that big blue tank.

Edited by MAKO69

Ok, I am completely useless when it comes to knowing anything about bikes, so if I wanted to get a motorcycle license, what would be a good first bike? The Triumph Bonneville catches my eye.

Viggen you can go down to the RMV in Worceter and get your permit. I recommend an accredited motorcycle riders course, the ones that will teach you right, and give you the state riders exam on behalf of the state RMV (Its harder than the RMV riders exam). You will also get proof of training card that will give you an insurance discount. I grew up with dirt bikes, totally different riding a lot of bad habits form from DBs. As for the type of bike don't listen to people that say "Oh you need a starter bike somthing like a 500,600,or 750", um NO! You get what you want, you'll regret getting the smaller bike/power plant.

Central Mass Safety Council

Edited by MAKO69

My fuell cell is real not like the newer BUELLs, your thinking of the XB series that use the frame as the fuel tank and the swing arm as the oil tank. Mine is a '98 about 4 gallons of fuel in that big blue tank.

Thank you for the correction, because I did not know it was an old, I had stopped near one of them to observe it some weeks ago, a true artistic work, where everything is calculated with the utmost precision, and any available space is used.

Viggen you can go down to the RMV in Worceter and get your permit. I recommend an accredited motorcycle riders course, the ones that will teach you right, and give you the state riders exam on behalf of the state RMV (Its harder than the RMV riders exam). You will also get proof of training card that will give you an insurance discount. I grew up with dirt bikes, totally different riding a lot of bad habits form from DBs. As for the type of bike don't listen to people that say "Oh you need a starter bike somthing like a 500,600,or 750", um NO! You get what you want, you'll regret getting the smaller bike/power plant.

Central Mass Safety Council

That's actually where I took my Driver's Ed classes and drive time. If I were to get a bike though I would probably just drive it around the Wachusett area, but with some of the hills around here, I guess a little power couldn't hurt.

A Suzuki GSXR 1000 makes an ideal squids first bike. :grin: Throw caution into teh wind ! 0-200 in 7.2 secs so its ok power wise.

Edited by Atreides

post-4136-0-74206700-1342684453.jpg

The Trumpet Sprint RS... this is my day to day bike at present and for the foreseeable future as she does everything I need her to do... is fast enough 150mph/250kph has long legs fuel wise 320km to reserve usually and is comfortable all day long and then there's the drive out of the corners not quite a 2 pot but is respectable enough to keep faster iron behind me... oh and she's English... This was taken for a 2 week roadtrip parked up at my check stop to make sure nothing was moving...

post-4136-0-38351200-1342684461.jpg

Again without gear...

post-4136-0-61712700-1342684466.jpg

And this is the Toy... Kawasaki ZX6R from 1997... no fuel injection fully carbed and she is just now getting her correct exhaust put on her... a Akropovic full race pipe!!! real fun in the twisty bits and a surprise to those on newer bikes, but this is my 3rd one...

Got a new Corbin seat and a SuperSprox sprocket set with an RK chain...

CBR600F2_2012.jpg

Need to get a few more bits someday... CF front fender (current one is cracked), Spiegler wave rotors for the front to match the rear... and a new left side engine cover (previous owner fell down...)

Edited by Major Lee

Looking good Major Lee and The Trumpet fell down as well parking up in Croatia at the hotel... stupid mistake as well... Tired and hot. Quick word for you guys always park in 1st Gear stops the bike rolling if on a slight incline... I got away lightly bent clutch lever and scuffing on the body work but she's going in for a respray this year so its nothing too major... :drinks:

Here is my Scooterbike, She is Great fun..

1996 XLH HD..

Love this pictures of the Bikes..

many Thanks..

Keep the Rubber on the down side all..

God Bless..

Scooter 001

HD 001

Harley 002

Edited by HouseHobbit

Its not a question of If a rider goes down, its one of When and How ! Glad to say that when wipped out on my first brand new bike I didn#t get messed up but she did but atleast got hte fear of dropping-wiping out out of me.

08 GSXR750 ... donk is nice and free plus runs a 15-tooth front ... if you know what I mean.

post-817-0-78065900-1346112196_thumb.jpg