Hi every one.:salute:

With all the differant maps for the SF2 games, I was wondering if some one might be planning on doing a Norway map for SF2NA? I like the Iceland idea but I think it's a little limited though. I think Norway would really open things up.

There is a "Norway" map for SF1. The inverted commas are there because it looks absolutely nothing like Norway.

I too would like a Norwegian Sea Map but good terrain makers are not easy to come by, and I there is a long list of requests.

Norway is difficult to make as terrain. You has a lot of fjords, the land is rough. Not easy. And as closer you come to the north pole the warp effects of the terrain editor become more and more important. What means, while the north south distances are more or less accurate, the west east distances are wrong (in the north more than in the south of the map).

Hmm. Yea I hadn't thought about the actual terrian of Norway. I can see how that would be a tough job. I hadn't thought of the North Cape Mod. Will it work with North Atlantic?

why wouldn't it??

Just tested North Cape using my SF2NA exe, patched to May 2012 with all other games installed - works fine :good:

post-16914-0-78712600-1339705842.jpg

post-16914-0-92929400-1339705850.jpg

Here's the planning map of North Cape to let you know the full extent of the terrain:-

post-16914-0-25970000-1339705899.jpg

And yes, those fjords were darn hard to tile - most of the Norwegian coastline was done by hand, but if you spot a stray sea mountain, just let me know :blink:

Needs an update to use all the SF2NA naval stuff, one of these days I'll complete my original intention for this terrain, which was to re-create the Janes F/A-18A North Cape carrier campaign for Strike Fighters. One day . . . :cool:

Slainthe :drinks:

Baltika

If we can get the terrain updated for NA carrier action we can have F-14 Fleet Defender V.2!

If we can get the terrain updated for NA carrier action we can have F-14 Fleet Defender V.2!

seems like we would need to expand it/ add a bunch of sea tiles.

seems like we would need to expand it/ add a bunch of sea tiles.

You cant expand an existing map. If you want it larger you must start from the scratch and build a new one. Unfortunatly.

You cant expand an existing map. If you want it larger you must start from the scratch and build a new one. Unfortunatly.

Yup, like Gepard says - and after all, he is the terrain guru of all terrain gurus - thanks for those TE tutorials, mate, without which none of this would exist :drinks:

Bear in mind the purpose of this terrain. North Cape carrier campaign, like in Janes F/A-18. For that scenario, everything south of the Kola Peninsula is a bonus. Finland and Sweden are only there because TE makes square maps.

Like I said for my old UK terrain, it is what it is.

If you want something different, check out Gepard's terrain tutorials in the SFP1 KB, and get to grips with TE.

If I can do it, anyone can :grin:

Bear in mind the purpose of this terrain. North Cape carrier campaign, like in Janes F/A-18. For that scenario, everything south of the Kola Peninsula is a bonus. Finland and Sweden are only there because TE makes square maps.

Yes, but carriers are usually kept away from the coast so the map could use some more ocean tiles at the top? The way it is, it seems like WW3: Scandinavian Front :)