Sign in to follow this  
Olham

You can't be serious 24 hours a day!

Started a new campaign with Jasta 28w with their first day - 2 April 1917.

They were in the thick of it from the beginning.

So on my first patrol over Lille, I sighted many British SPAD VII pestering three Albatros just over the lines.

We went for help, and I shot one SPAD down.

Then I got hit, and 3 SPAD began to hunt me down. Eventually I received a hit in the left upper wing,

which reduced all lift so much, that I was sinking like a stone. I came down in the middle of no man's land,

and the left lower wingtip touched the ground. No aileron- nor rudder movements could get the craft up

and on both wheels again. But the engine was still running.

Now I did a kinda "side-skidding" on the left wingtip and only the left wheel, to get to our own side.

It was hilarious! From all around, the Tommies were shooting at me with all the had!

Then came trench section with sandbag walls! There were small gaps inbetween these walls, and I really

managed just to get through there with my strange vehicle. I went motoring on like that, until the fire towards me

changed into fire against the SPADs above me - I had reached our own lines.

In outside view I counted 6 SPADs, mad as hornets! When I reduced throttle, I could get the Albatros D.II

back onto both wheels. This way I "drove" into a forrest raod, where I was safe.

No idea, what you would have done, guys - I was just laughing a bucket full.

That's all you say? No cheering? No drinks?!? Tch!

That's all you say? No cheering? No drinks?!? Tch!

Hoch unser Olham! Drimal Hoch!

Okay, thanks - and now: what about the beer?

What a brilliant idea , seeing as im frightfully scared of heights perhaps I can use this new German tactic of motoring around on the ground , I like it :rofl:

cheers

There is even a Ford Model T available in QC. But a driven aircraft is more impressive surely.

No better way to confuse the enemy - especially when you drive on the right! :rofl:

Edited by Olham

Well, I've been off on leave for the past week (actually out at a remote job site in Nevada, lots of test work & "politics"). I just saw this, and had a chuckle myself. I think we need to head over to the BOC and drink... err, I mean think about this new tactic! (Actually, i mean drink... really... I mean, what's the BOC for, after all?)

:drinks: to a master tactician and quick-thinking survivor!

Cheers,

Tom

Good idea, HumanDrone! Now, where's our president, to declare the pub open?