UK_Widowmaker

George W Bush's decapitated head

Already the best show on HBO!!!!But I still don't see a reason why the producers should apologise! :rofl::dntknw:

Edited by Lazarus1177
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

I thought it was in extreamly poor taste and was very petty. that said I don't think it should be outlawed or censured.Also if it was done to our current president the cry of outrage would shake the heavens and roars of racism would drowned out any reason. it's a sad double standard carried on by our media and entertainment outlets.

• Like 1

If George W Bush was in office there would be equal outrage as if it were Pres. Obama and it was his head.

It goes for any standing president. I don't agree with the censorship though. It is covered under free speech and offers no threat to any standing leader.

BTW, here is the offending head. It honestly looks like the cave man from the Geico commercial. How much of that is due to the hair and how much is due to the face I don't know.

george-bush-head-on-a-spike-game-of-thrones.png?file=media%2Fcontent%2F_master%2F43402%2Fimages%2Fgeorge-bush-head-on-a-spike-game-of-thrones.png&width=450

Edited by exhausted

anybody who trusts its foreing policy having nuclear weapons to god will, shall be decapitade. lol

• Like 1

If George W Bush was in office there would be equal outrage as if it were Pres. Obama and it was his head.

It goes for any standing president. I don't agree with the censorship though. It is covered under free speech and offers no threat to any standing leader.

BTW, here is the offending head. It honestly looks like the cave man from the Geico commercial. How much of that is due to the hair and how much is due to the face I don't know.

george-bush-head-on-a-spike-game-of-thrones.png?file=media%2Fcontent%2F_master%2F43402%2Fimages%2Fgeorge-bush-head-on-a-spike-game-of-thrones.png&width=450

That's stupid!...hth does that look like Bush?

i don't know our nuclear umbrella kept the world safe for decades. Also there is no way on earth anyone cans say with a straight face that the outrage would not be out of control had this been done to Obama. it's as plain as anything the coddleing and protection he has recieved from the press for the most part and because of his race. there are whackos who target him for sure but there has never been anything like the hatred and disgusting attacks that had been leveled on GWB. everyone is free to agree or disagree with a president and his policies but the personal attacks were simple disgusting and made the attackers look small.

• Like 1

it's as plain as anything the coddleing and protection he has recieved from the press for the most part and because of his race.

Interesting contention. Some specific examples of this race-based coddling would be helpful.

• Like 1

Oh I got now. At first I was like George Bush and Ned Stark look nothing alike.

So let's apologize for an accidental passing resemblance of some prop that no one noticed till over one YEAR after it appeared? This was no "statement". They could've made it REALLY look like him and focused more on it if they'd wanted to. This is like seeing Jesus in a piece of toast.

Yeah, that's not overreacting at all.

The politically-correct crap has to stop.

• Like 1

it wasn't accidental. the producers of the show are well known Bush haters. I don't really think this is a huge issue to be honest. It prob started as an inside joke among people who thought it was funny and was thought that it would stay internal and no one would make the connection. It just a joke. I think a tacky one but there are worse things to worry about. The current presidents protectors use race as a weapon on a daily basis to protect him. people who's only crime is not agreeing with the mans policies are being prtrayed and branded as racists in an attempt to silence them.our president is not african american but bi-racial and as such good or bad he's as white as he is black,that said the fringe racists and the race baiters on the other side seem to see him as black and either blindly attack him for it or protect him with it.To me no matter how I may agree or disagree with someone i will never base my feelings about something this important(political policies) on something as silly as race.It sad to see people still get so worked up about things(skin color) with such little meaning in this day and age.That said being branded as a racist here in the states is a major attack,one thats hard to overcome as it's such a vile thing,it's similat to being acused of rape,it has such a negative atached to it that mearly being labbled even falsely is a major way to silence or discredit someone.

Edited by whiteknight06604

I believe this has digressed into an official political discussion. See ya!

• Like 2