Sign in to follow this  
hrc

Enemy AI fuel consumption

After some dogfighting with my flight over Suez, one enemy egyptian Mig-21 disengaged and started climbing on full afterburners and headed tovards E-NE. It all lasted for more than 20 min.Eventualy he flew to the edge of the map and kept on afburning. There I speeded the sim again and left it for some more time. He would never run out of fuel. My question is: what happened with his fuel consumption? I know there is some way to see every planes fuel status but personally don't know how to do it in INI's

post-64647-0-83001200-1339933133.jpg

The AI don't seem to run out of fuel - when they hit bingo they fly home and will take evasive measures based on their training/status.

Yeah, enemy AI don't run out of fuel. Wingmen can, I've had some drop out of the sky from time to time.

Uh...why is his AB plume at a right angle to his exhaust?

Looks like the AI pilot hit the map edge?

Looks like the AI pilot hit the map edge?

Correct. As far as I know Fishbed doesn't have thrust vectoring. :)

They don't really need the map edge to fly sideways, sometimes their FM bugs out. Even bombers are not immune.

that's what happens when aircraft hit The Wall (from the inside, your cockpit will shift sideways, too!)