I really, really hate to bug other modders with requests, and I'm not sure exactly who to ask for this, but-- Is there any chance of the Mitsubishi F-2 being remade to the same level of quality as the new F-16s? If nothing else, the tractor beam shadows need fixing, as well as a narrow but visible gap in the wing root, and a few other minor things. It would also be nice to have an updated FM (which I think would require pivot/control surface adjustments on the model), integrated drop tanks (370gal and 600gal versions if possible), and updated canopy material.

Though I don't have a lot of experience with aircraft modding yet, I would be willing and able to help with the update, or even do the aforementioned minor fixes myself if I had the max file. I've got a friend who can provide updated authentic decals, more details for the skin, and lots of reference material as well.

WBS,

I have asked the same question a while back. Del, indicated that he might or has the 3d max files? Perhaps you can ask him to verify and to see if the files are available?

It would be nice to have a NEW Viper Zero!

agreed!

an updated one would look great on baltika's Kamchatka map!

Edited by Wrench

Del, indicated that he might or has the 3d max files?

I thought the problem with the original was that the 3dsm files were lost in a HD crash several years ago. It'd be nice to see an updated one, it's easily the best looking of all the Vipers.

No, I do have the original Max files.

The problem is that it would take a bit of work to bring it up to the standards of TMF Vipers.

I'm happy to do it but as I have a few projects on at the moment it might be a little while.

If TMF is free it would probably be easier (and quicker) to modify their Vipers. Not sure of their workload though.

All that being said, if it was just a small list of relatively easy changes I could probably squeeze it in after my current project.

Dels

I'm relieved to hear that you still have the Max files, Dels.

For what it's worth, I'm at your disposal. I could do the minor stuff I mentioned as an interim solution until you and/or the Mirage Factory have the time to invest in it. In the mean time, I'll soon be finishing a visual touch-up of my weapons pack, which has some equipment used exclusively on the F-2, so at least that's a start.