Olham

New TrackIR5 Profile - smooth, but still quite immediate

After tweaking and fiddling with bits of other users' profiles (Charvel, Widowmaker and Polovski),

and adding and changing all to my likes, I have found a profile that works very well for me in OFF -

it is at the same time gently smooth as it is still very immediate.

If you like, extract it and try it out. The profile goes into:

Programs > NaturalPoint > TrackIR5 > profiles

Enjoy!

Edited by Olham
  • Like 2

That is excellent,Olham.So much better than the old one I had botched up.It is remarkable

what a difference it makes in combat.It feels almost self tracking.Many thanks.

Yes, I felt the same - my pleasure, hood!

Olham,

I've been on a business trip in Okinawa, Japan (currently dodging Super Typhoon Guchol) and I'm hoping to get a Track IR 5 when I get home. I saw four of them in a used book store two weeks ago just before I left. They were $75 US each and still in the original packages. I think your higly recommended profile may be just the thing to push me into getting one of them.

Olham

This is excellent work. I have been using your old OFF TrackIR profile in conjuction with Requiem's '6DOF' profile made for Rise of Flight - I have merged them into a sort of hybrid profile that I like very much. I look forward to put your new profile through it's paces.

OlPaint

Edited by OlPaint01

Thanks for sharing the profile, Olham. I'll give this one a try. :drinks:

I've been on a business trip in Okinawa, Japan (currently dodging Super Typhoon Guchol)

??? ???

I saw four of them in a used book store two weeks ago just before I left. They were $75 US each and still in the original packages.

I think your higly recommended profile may be just the thing to push me into getting one of them.

If you never used a TrackIR before, you can't know (yet) what you are missing.

You will actually be able to look around and up and down from your cockpit.

You will even be able to look overboard left and right.

I want to recommend to everyone again: don't place the Tracking Device cam on the monitor - it works better if it is

a bit further away from your head clip reflectors. I'd say 50 cm / 20 inches is a good distance.

Since I moved it a bit further back, it works as smooth as silk.

Edit/PS: ...now I got it - there is really a super-typhoon underway to Japan, called Guchol.

Damn, I wish you all the best of luck - hope you find a cellar to hide in.

Edited by Olham

Depends where your monitor stands, my Track IR 5 is on the top of my monitor and just about 80 cm - a little over 30 inches - from the hat reflectors and works great !

Edited by corsaire31

Yes, I wasn't thinking of users who are remote enough from the monitor. Good point!

What I should have said is: minimum distance = 50 cm = 20 inch.

Well, I'm still using the stock profile, so I grabbed yours and if I ever get back in the cockpit I'll give it a whirl!

Real life's a bit of a bear this week. Everyone is out of the office, and bang - who gets the call to do a test near Steamboat Springs, CO? Guess I'll have to take one for the team... somebody has to do the tough ones... :cool:

Edited by HumanDrone

A test near Steamboat Springs? What are you testing?

Edited by Olham

An electrical generator. Somebody has to keep the lights on!

Nice one Olham...It's a bit too late to check it out today (my Bed calleth) but will have a look tomorrow

Appreciate it Olham as I usually just try the default "smooth" profile. One question though. You didn't add anything to this to make me want to fly an Albatross more than my beloved SPAD did you? :grin:

Well, I'm afraid the new profile will only make you like your SPAD even more.

But that's okay, nbryant - if I was an American flyer, I would definitely go for the SPAD XIII.

Well I am blind or dense. Is the "If you like, extract it and try it out." still with this post? I would really like to try Olham's revised TrackIR5 profile but don't seem to find a point to click so I can download it.

Damn, good you saw this, Tuba!

I post so many files, that I must clear up my attachment space occasionally,

and this time I deleted the profile accidently.

I have attached it again now in post #1.

I'll have to give this a spin. My last sortie, I had a weird TIR malfunction where it was like my neck had been replaced by a 10' long bungee cord. Maybe a new profile will keep this from happening again.

Bullet, I made the experience (after RABU's advice), that it is important, that TrackIR cam

is not too close to the reflectors. I use a bit more than 15 inches distance now.

That means, I installed the TrackIR cam even behind the monitor.

Since I did, I never had strange things happening anymore. Thanks, RABU!

Thanks for the tip. I use the Pro Clip thing, not reflectors, but I'm sure the same distance principle applies. Stil, it's a bit further than arm's length between my head and the camera as it is now.

That should be working okay then, I guess.

Thanks for the repost Olham. I will give it a try and expect to see the improvements you have built in. :beach:

I finally got a chance to try this and it is much better than my current profile. Thanks so much!