Hi, i apologize if this is dumb but its been awhile. i just moved my SF2 FOLDERS modded to an external drive to free up disk space on my c or primary drive. When i try to start up with the exe. icon, it does not work with the mods. Just shows default planes and items. i tried changing the location in the options ini to indicate the new external drive M but no go. can anyone help? Thx. never played it on a external before.

did you change the pathway in the shortcut???

If you move the mods folder, you need to update the options.ini file in C:\Users\<Username>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 to tell the game it's moved. Note the last part of the path will depend on which exe you are using to launch the game.

In the options.ini file, you need to change the following secion:

[Mods]

ModsEnabled=TRUE

Directory=C:\Users\Dan\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 <---- Change this to match the full path of your new mods folder.

Editors=StrikeFighters2

Ideally, change all paths in the options.ini to the relevant subfolders on your new drive, I beleve there are additional entries for the last loaded mission file and screenshots.

Hope this helps.

Hi, I am still confused. I see the options.ini but in the mods folder in the new drive that I moved the folder too. My c drive has the exe files and core files. I use a sf2exp2 exe. I changed the drive letter to M which is the new external and not the c drive. Is this right? the options ini looks like this:

[Mods]

ModsEnabled=TRUE

Directory=M:\Users\dsawan\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Exp2 - Copy Rising Sun

Editors=StrikeFighters2

[screenShots]

Directory=M:\Users\dsawan\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Exp2 - Copy Rising Sun\ScreenShots

Format=JPG

Shouls I do anything to the C drive that contains the exe's ?

Edited by dsawan

dsawan, put a copy of that Options ini. and the Version ini. in the Copy Rising Sun folder that should be in the Saved Games folder on your C drive; if that folder does not exist, create it.

Edited by SupGen

Just to clarify guys, are you saying can shift your heavily modded mods folder to an external hard drive and still run the game with no performance penalties ect?

Cheers,

Dan.

Edited by dtmdragon

Or a different internal hard drive, yes. Or install the game to the same/different hard drive.