Sign in to follow this  
FrankTB

Palestine terrain

Have been trying out Wrenchs Palestine terrain with JSF_Aggies great looking hi res desert tiles and

seems to be working out far apart from the hq building is lacking a texture but well worth trying

though particularly if you have never cared for the original desert tiles.

I would be interested to know if anyone has done or got any ww1 Turkish airforce textures or insignia

that they would be willing to share.

cheers Allan

do you have a copy of the stock, SF/SF2 Desert.cat in your /Terrain(s) folder? It needs that for the various terrain objects.

While good looking, Aggie's tiles are missing several transitions that are (sometimes) vital to the 'look'. Unfortunately, to add the ones I made for the Eritrea (Ethopia) terrain, would mean rebuilding Palestine.

Yes I do indeed have the SF2 desert cat in the Palestine folder which is rather odd that the hqbuilding texture is not showing as for the terrain I

have only flown over it a couple of times so far have yet to find anything wrong,I thought it may have been lacking somewhere but had to give it a

go anyway as JSF_Aggies desert tiles look so good.

hmm...odd because that's one building that's "standard issue" throughout the SF/SF2 series.

what color is HQBuilding showing up as? White or black? (either one means untextures meshes -missing skins)

what the 'build date' of your desert cat? Can you open it with the cat extractor, and see if the following files are present inside it:

HQwindows.bmp

block_wall2.bmp

metalrods.bmp

controltowerA-6.bmp

tar_roof1.bmp

gravel1.bmp

blastshield.bmp

if not, youll have to extract them from a 1stGen Desert/GermanyCE/VietnamSEA/IsraelME terrain cat, and drop them into the /Palestine terrain folder.

best thing is use a 1stGen Desert cat, from the 08 patch level, with whatever edits are necessary for FE2 (some things may not be fully supported)

Thanks for the advice wrench but I changed back to the original one only because you were quite right about

those river tiles not matching while it mostly looked great couldnt live with that. I thought it was strange

that the hqbuilding was missing a texture being part of the cat file. dont have to worry about it now as

anyway btw it was black and SF2 cat.

something I got wrong up above; in my install, the Desert.cat is in the

C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\First Eagles 2\Terrains\Desert

(assuming -oh! that word!!- this is FE2 that you're using??)

in FE/FEG you should be able to drop the whole /Desert terrain folder in the game's /Terrain folder (don't have FE insalled, as I'm fully commited to 2ndGen games)