Olham

Preview Movie No. 3 out now!

But where was my Lufbery Circle for the Fees? :)

Well, can't be more than a week and half now.

My money is - and has been - on June 28th.

Terrific work..can't wait for the release.

Matt Milne's music is spectacular!

Royce

Edited by cptroyce

Looking forward to trying out those FEE's....the video and soundtrack look and sound awesome!

Great to see PROPER SMOKE AND FLAME effects...instead of the farty, washed out OFF ones

Saw it again today - it works well in full screen (with the highest YouTube resolution).

I only noticed it was a video, when my stick wouldn't react on any of the craft.

- Matt Milne seems to have written more parts for WOFF, as this movie reveals.

The man has the right hands for writing the perfect emotional tunes for the most immersive air combat sim.

- No man's land: the burning truck, the advancing tanks (did they ever do that before?). The ground battle scene is looking very realistic.

- In the Camel cockpit even an energy-fighter like me would feel fine now - only thing missing is a coffee machine - stunning, brilliant art work!

- Through the added detail, the Camel as well as the Dr.1 don't appear like midgets no more - they now look like dangerous combat craft.

- The FE2b now also looks bigger - like a real two-seat fighter and bomber - very impressive.

It pays to stop the movie, when you come to the struts and rigging of the Fee - great job!

- The new AI is fabulous. The split attack of the Albs. Really outstanding: one pilot of a flight circling to check the lower six - finding enemies -

this is sooooo lovely! (I know "lovely" doesn't seem to fit here, but it IS lovely to see this!)

Edited by Olham

Afraid not Olham. Word is that in order to make room for the new, hi-res textures on all of the other planes, the Devs had to make some sacrifices and cut all of the textures for the Albs down to 320 x 200, 16 colors. It's a shame, but it had to be done. rofl.gif

Just kidding, of course.

Hellshade

:punish: Edited by Olham

It would be good that advancing trucks and tanks wouldn't cross the airfield during take-off, as it happened to me yesterday. I was so amazed looking at my wingman rolling just in between two of them that I forgot to take a picture ! yikes.gif

It would be good that advancing trucks and tanks wouldn't cross the airfield during take-off, as it happened to me yesterday.

I was so amazed looking at my wingman rolling just in between two of them that I forgot to take a picture !

Oh, you are no Sissies, chaps, are you?

In WW1 that was pretty normal business - just keep your eyes open, pilot! Mmuahahahahahahaaaa!!!!! :crazy:

I remember reading in an English book (Gould or Lewis), how a Morane Parasol returned from artillery obs.

They had a long copper line to unwind as an antenna for morse transmission.

Before coming down for landing, this long antenna had to be wound up into the craft again.

But this team had an encounter with Germans; they had made an evasive movement, and their antenna

swung round the fuselage or rudder, and could not be pulled in again.

So, at landing they still pulled this antenna wire after them, with a lead weight at the end.

Some other pilots, and the Major, were just sitting at a tea time table with the Major's finest tea set on.

Now, what happened was, that the lead weight hit the table, and with the copper wire they lifted it

up into the air. The whole table performed a sommersault, and tea time was over.

The Major's nice tea set was mostly broken, and I bet you could have witnessed one of those very rare

occasions, when a British officer and gentleman lost some of his good conduct for a second or two!

Next day they found a fat-written order at the blackboard:

"All crew have to make sure before landing, that their antenna is hauled in!"

After all, they were still lucky - the lead weight could have killed somebody.

Edited by Olham

What kind of job is that where you can't goof off on the internet for half your day...? :rolleyes:

Ah well, back to work... just two more weeks and we can place our orders. And I have at least one trip coming so I won't be home for some of that anyway. Then when I get back it'll be "mowing week" - it takes me about 4 evenings after work to mow the grass around my place. So yeah, I can wait... but seeing a video like this makes it not as easy!

Oh my ...I just watched it!

Literally the first instant is astonishing with the new smoke effects.

The sequence where the falling, burning aircraft falls apart was breath stoppingly like actual gun camera footage I have seen from WW2.

There is something about the tones of the new Fee skins that makes that first formation shot look like some quality aviation art.

And ... I realised that within the 15 seconds it took to go to You Tube to watch it full screen I was already whistling Matt Milne's theme.

I have to say that the opportunity to hear Matt's full score is up there equal with any other aspect of WOFF I'm looking forward to. It's an absolutely integral part of the sim, even though one never hears it in-flight. One doesn't need to, it's already done its fabulous mood setting job.

Well done, Matt. And if I win the lottery you'll need to rescore it for full orchestra... Royal Philharmonic, London Symphony... take your pick. :grin:

Oh, you are no Sissies, chaps, are you?

In WW1 that was pretty normal business - just keep your eyes open, pilot! Mmuahahahahahahaaaa!!!!! :crazy:

I remember reading in an English book (Gould or Lewis), how a Morane Parasol returned from artillery obs.

They had a long copper line to unwind as an antenna for morse transmission.

Before coming down for landing, this long antenna had to be wound up into the craft again.

But this team had an encounter with Germans; they had made an evasive movement, and their antenna

swung round the fuselage or rudder, and could not be pulled in again.

So, at landing they still pulled this antenna wire after them, with a lead weight at the end.

Some other pilots, and the Major, were just sitting at a tea time table with the Major's finest tea set on.

Now, what happened was, that the lead weight hit the table, and with the copper wire they lifted it

up into the air. The whole table performed a sommersault, and tea time was over.

The Major's nice tea set was mostly broken, and I bet you could have witnessed one of those very rare

occasions, when a British officer and gentleman lost some of his good conduct for a second or two!

Next day they found a fat-written order at the blackboard:

"All crew have to make sure before landing, that their antenna is hauled in!"

After all, they were still lucky - the lead weight could have killed somebody.

Never spill and Englishman's tea as it's frightfully bad form old chap... :drinks:

Love the FEEs.

Work ? What is this "work" of which you speak ?

(Lights pipe) mmmph...mmmph...mmmph...ah yes,

I remember. When I were a lad...

RamblingSid (Acting Assistant Tea-boy, Grade 5, rtd).

did we mention there were 20 something tracks, between 4 and 6 minutes each, it's in there somewhere. One of the main hallmarks of a score i write, is that there are 3-6 themes and sub themes in each track. you only get to hear a few seconds of one of those themes at the start and end of this video, the track it comes from is just under 6 minutes.

I would love to score with the LSO, and london voices, with the harlem boys choir if they're also available, recorded in large music halls and mixed at abbey road.

• Like 1

Looks bloody awesome! :drinks:

did we mention there were 20 something tracks, between 4 and 6 minutes each, it's in there somewhere. One of the main hallmarks of a score i write, is that there are 3-6 themes and sub themes in each track. you only get to hear a few seconds of one of those themes at the start and end of this video, the track it comes from is just under 6 minutes.

I would love to score with the LSO, and london voices, with the harlem boys choir if they're also available, recorded in large music halls and mixed at abbey road.

Can't wait to listen the full score.

Maybe some of the scores can be transcript for choir, like S. Barber had done with the Adagio for Strings and Agnus Dei, At least you won't need the full orchestra. :grin:

Edited by Von Paulus

AHHHHHH when will this be released.!!!!!......mind you i still cant live longer than 11 hours in OFF currently.

all the cool damage models, cant wait.

How much will he retail it for do you think?

Sceptre, you could use the time 'till the release, for training your survival.

WOFF will sure be even much harder.

Sceptre, you could use the time 'till the release, for training your survival.

WOFF will sure be even much harder.

Actually, I'm hoping that WOFF will be less deadly. My only real problem with OFF as it stands now is how the AI treats nearly every encounter as a cage fight: 2 flights enter, only the survivors of 1 flight go home. Once the AI scout commits to a fight, it only tries to disengage if it's taken so much damage it probably won't make it home anyway, much less outrun pursuit. The result is that OFF fights are way deadlier than is historically accurate. This has 2 main effects: players get way more kills in way fewer sorties than anybody in WW1, and players get shot down after fewer sorties than the historical average.

What I'd like to see in WOFF's AI is scouts being able to count noses and know when the odds are badly against them. And also knowing when the energy situation is going against them, so they disengage before they're mortally wounded. And then everybody running away after a few high-speed passes, and the player suddenly finding himself alone in the empty the sky with nothing to show for it. Or 2 flights circling around some distance from each other, trying to out-climb each other, and individuals on both sides making the occasional foray into the "no-pilot's-airspace" between them like ancient heroes. This sort of stuff is what you read about in memoirs, not how 6 Nupes met 6 Albs and 2 riddled Nupes limped home leaving 10 columns of smoke behind them.

NOTE: the above is for prior to 1918. I have no complaints with how the massive furballs I find in 1918 work out in OFF. And I hope the AI in WOFF keeps them going :).

But what I really most want out of the AI is for it to do a Lufbery Circle in Fees and various 2-seaters. This is also something you read about a lot but never see happen in the game at present.