Olham

DVD Version of "Combat Flight Simulator 3" by Ubisoft

Here is a link to German EBAY; this dealer has 8 Ubisoft-DVDs of "CFS3" available.

This DVD grants the easiest install for OFF / WOFF.

Grab them, before they are gone.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/COMBAT-FLIGHT-SIMULATOR-3-KAMPF-UM-EUROPA-PC-DVD-ROM-/120454315317?pt=DE_PC_Videospiele&hash=item1c0ba2fd35

CFS3 is also available via download - see here:

http://www.microsoft.com/games/combatfs3/

• Like 1

Thanks, Olham, for the tip. My German is a little rusty but Google Translate helped me a lot. I believe I successfully completed the order for the Ubisoft version of CFS3. These DVDs are rare as 'hen's teeth.' Looking forward to an international delivery from Deutschland!

OlPaint

Edited by OlPaint01

Olham:

Unfortunately the "buy it" link located at you above "download" link does not work for me. If it did, this would solve a looming OBD problem of new people aquiring a copy of CFS3 (a 10 year old game) so they can play OFF / WOFF.

Great I can now order CFS3 on DVD which will mean I can move my CD's to backup role... :drinks:

For french pilots (or other...) , Ubisoft DVD is still available for 6.40 Euros at Amazon.fr... (with a relay on the Amazon page to other vendors like Century Soft) Says 15 left, that's where I bought mine a couple months ago.

Panama, I tried it, and it seems as if the main sim is no longer downloadable there;

couldn't get any further when I clicked on "Buy now" in the head bar.

Only the updates seemed to work. Sorry.

Olham:

I agree, it is getting harder and harder to find the CFS3 game for new players.

I fortunately have both the old CD and newer DVD version of CFS3, but for new people wanting to play the upcoming WOFF, no CFS3, no WOFF, no matter how good WOFF appears to be on the videos.

I bought an English language version of that DVD last year. There were only a few available, and they all went very quickly. It's almost impossible to find them.

I have a free unused Ubisoft DVD of CFS3 which I would be pleased to send to some needy soul anywhere in the world.No charge of course.

Cheer,hood

Looks like the community will soon have to multiply DVDs for the newcomers...:laugh:

The CD version seems to have better availability. It would be great if WOFF wouldn't even require players to own a copy of CFS3 anymore, though I'm sure the chances of that happening are not very good.

If any newbie needs a copy of the CSF3 DVD I would be happy to send them one for free. We can't as a community (are we a community?) let people be put off OFF because they can't buy CSF3. Off is too valuable. And if I am breaking copyright law or something I don't think that sort of stuff works here in the third world.

Looks like the community will soon have to multiply DVDs for the newcomers...:laugh:

Well if it does come to that remember that from the Ubisoft DVD you only have to copy to version for what ever language you want. No need to copy the whole thing. Just wish they had updated it to 3.1a instead of 3.1.

I am hopeing Gog.com eventually lists CFS2 & 3, they already have IL2 1946 for USD10.00 completely protection free.

Regards Markl

I have a free unused Ubisoft DVD of CFS3 which I would be pleased to send to some needy soul anywhere in the world.No charge of course.

Cheer,hood

Hello Gents

I am currently looking for the DVD version of CFS3. Looking to get OFF. Wondering if you still have a copy.

Thanks

Toshiro

Hello

Sorry, I am new here and still getting used to the board. Since I have only 2 posts I don't believe I have access to PMs yet. I think I have left my email in my profile. If anyone would like to contact me, that way is best for now.

Anxiously waiting to get " OFF BH&H" .

Thanks Toshiro

Hi Toshiro.

I have a copy of the DVD I will be happy to send to you.Email me your address and i will post it in a day or so.

Cheers, hood

As long as it's an original that's fine, we wouldn't want anyone copying CFS3 DVDs or OFF for that matter guys, we need all the support we can get...

Edited by Polovski

Yep,it's an original,Pol.A Microsoft/Ubisoft DVD still unopened in its original case.

As long as it's an original that's fine, we wouldn't want anyone copying CFS3 DVDs or OFF for that matter guys, we need all the support we can get...

Well, there will come a time when you won't be able to have any new customer for OFF if there's no CFS3 DVD anymore on the market. The quantities everywhere seem to be very low !

This is the problem of developping something nice but based on a very old and unsuccessful game.

Edited by corsaire31

Pol, is there a possibility that M$ would release CFS3 to the public domain? But I suppose there would have to be Much Mula involved for that to happen. Or what about a License Agreement? To bundle CFS3 V3.1a with WOFF? Wishful thinking, I know...

OlPaint

Edited by OlPaint01

Exactly, corsaire. I've noticed that within the last couple of years, there have been less and less copies of CFS3 available for sale. The DVD version in particular is almost extinct. A few copies make an appearance every now and then, and are sold just as quickly as they appear.

If Microsoft were smart, they'd make a deal with OBD and started selling CFS3 combined with WOFF. Everybody would profit!

Maybe when Hell freezes over... :cool:

Pol, is there a possibility that M$ would release CFS3 to the public domain? But I suppose there would have to be Much Mula involved for that to happen. Or what about a License Agreement? To bundle CFS3 V3.1a with WOFF? Wishful thinking, I know...

OlPaint

Not sure OlPaint it is still selling some because of people wanting to play mods or OFF whatever. The CD versions at least seem to be around - I guess if it is still selling they won't release but you never know. We designed a lot of WOFF carefully so we have avenues for the the future.

Edited by Polovski

Pol, it would be fantastic if we could 'ween' ourselves off M$ CFS3 for good. Rumor has it that there remain very few core features of the original game engine in the new WOFF code. If only the umbilical could finally be severed completely.

OlPaint

Edited by OlPaint01

I agree...but WOFF stand alone would have been awesome, anyway! :grin: