Creaghorn

OT: Welcome, little Melissa

Der Löwe und die Biene - The Lion and the Honey Bee

That struck my mind, when I saw the final pics - especially this one, which I treated a bit like an

old-style photo - "the Lion and the Honey Bee". According to WIKI, the name originates from Greece.

In the ancient mythology it stands for a nymph. "Melissa" in translation means "bee" or "the honeysweet".

And that's what she is - so small and cute and sweet, like a honey bee.

I bet you must be a proud father with two kids like yours now.

Your little film was a fine work of art; and I was amazed to see, how much your sone has grown up from

the little baby I had seen not very long ago. He is now almost big enough for flying OFF!

Man, I wish you all the best for your whole little family!

Edited by Olham

What a little sweety. I know you both, Dadsy and Mumsy, are button popping proud.

OlPaint

Edited by OlPaint01

Welcome to our world, Melissa. It's going to an exciting ride!

And remember, Creaghorn, daughters are God's way of punishing daddies for their wicked, lustful youth. (that's from Tom Clancy!)

Edited by Hauksbee

:drinks:

I wish her good health and a happy life!

I confirm Olham's definition of the name...

Meli in Greek means honey.

Melissa literally: the female related to honey. :grin:

Congratulations Creaghorn and well done to your Wife too.

Never had a daughter myself, two sons instead. But now I have a step-daughter who is fabulous, blonde, beautiful and brave... and makes up for what I missed.

I wish Melissa the most fulfilled of lives.

Congrats mr and mrs Creaghorn.

Children are a wonderful gift.

Enjoy the moments - time will

pass so quickly.

What a wonder! Congratulations, and blessings to the little one!

Was it not a shock to take that little bundle in your arms and think, "Surely there is more blanket than baby!" I had five, and yet that always shocked me, that they could be so small, so delicate...

The years will go too quickly by... savor them!

Best,

Tom

Congratulations from me too!!!!!!!! :good:

All the best....the work starts NOW! :lol:

Creaghorn, you and your wife are truly blessed; Melissa is beautiful. A daughter and a son now, so you will be experiencing both. As already noted here, enjoy these years as much as you possibly can, they go by in the blink of an eye. My son and three daughters are all grown and on their own and I wish I had spent more time with them when they were all here. But Jane and I now have a granddaughter, (age seven), so we get to have the joy all over again! :smile:

God keep you and yours Creaghorn, and all the best for little Melissa. BTW, new dads buy the drinks.

:drinks:

Cheers!

Lou

thank you all guys :good: .

the next five virtual rounds and the box full of cigars is on me. :drinks: .

they are both at home now. my little son (some might remember the vid from almost two years ago when he was born) is also back so we are all together again.:dance2:

hope you enjoyed this vid also

cheers

creaghorn

I do indeed remember that video...was great!....as was this one!.... enjoy :)

My heartiest congratulations! Children are a joy and a blessing, though you will not always remember this.

Congratulations, I know how you feel. My daughter Vickie was born June 19, 1976. The proudest day of my life.

Rich :drinks:

Congratulations Creaghorn: I was just signing off when I caught site of this, Looks like you have hit a Grand Slam there.

Tony

btw, i checked the baseball stats and scoresheets etc. of the past years, when i was still playing for the highest german divison, and by chance i found out that one of the most memorable games was the exact date when melissa was born. on 19th of june 2004 we had a doubleheader as a roadgame. i was behind the dish as catcher, as always. the first game was a normal 9 inning game, but the second game was tied until the 18th inning 1:1, before we lost it 2:1. i caught both games completely from the first to the last inning. all in all 27 innings behind the dish. probably not mentioned in any recordbook or almanach since there are of course scored as two different games. one 9 innings, one 18 innings. the very next day i tried to catch a bullpen in practice, but as soon as i crouched, my legs simply collapsed lol.

so a memorable date. two of the most exhausting days were both 19th of june.

cheers

creaghorn

Hi

Congratulations on the good news.

Now the hard work really begins - but it is worth it!

Best Regards

Beanie