Sign in to follow this  
B52STRATO

The Law is back

After several years of absence either from comics stores or the screen, Judge Dredd is back.

I don't know what you will think about, but Urban's character does not bother me so much to replace Stallone, however the return to the comics uniforms and items (helmets, pacificators) is a great blow, like the design of "courts sliders" ( maybe too aerodynamic for my taste).

I've always liked Karl Urban as an actor, even though he's been in some stinkers (ahem...Doom)...

But Lena Headey, first seeing her in T:TSCC, yeah, I could watch this...maybe wait until it's on Blu-Ray/DVD...

FC

Lena Headey !!! (drooling}

Yes Karl Urban is not as bad as some have said, its roles in the Lord of the Ring or The Chronicles of Riddick, elsewhere the next Riddick appears to be good, going back at the origins in a somewhat style as Pitch Black.

Dammit, I'm the law, not a doctor! -- Leonard H Dredd, MD

Urbans a good actor, so guess its worth teh rental.

But Dredd did not say "I am...the law !" in Stallone style. Fail !

No, No you misunderstand, I'm sure Urban will, what I'm saying is that will he imitate Stallones err tone ?

Sadly the plot is a rip off of the Indonesian action flick The Raid:Redemption.

Edited by Atreides

Yes, but in this case one can very well blame the team of The Raid: Redemption to have created a "copy" of Carpenter's Assault on Precinct 13 seen from the eyes of the guys at the outside, and say that the s**tty French film La Horde is nothing more than a Resident Evil with a touch of Babylon A.D (shurely made by one of our worst director ever). Besides, after seeing 'La Horde", one wonders if the only feat accomplished by Dahan was not to initiate in the mind of viewers an upward revaluation of all the French turnips from the recent years. Anyway, this is undoubtedly a shovelful over the hole where the French horror film genre buried year after year.

Hard to not make a "copy" of another nowaday, even if the ideas are different, some remain on the "same" base. blink.gif

At this point, all the stories have been done.

The question is how well the retelling is done. Urban can carry it, but I've no idea how good the script is, how good the director is, or any of the other factors.

I saw the Stallone film, just once, and thought Max von Sydow was the only bright spot of the film...so naturally he wasn't in it much!

While I won't dismiss this out of hand, I certainly won't bother seeing it until I can catch it on Netflix or cable!