Sign in to follow this  
cleobis

kinda of new in lomac....some quesions..:)

Hi all, I've had lomac for a year (+-), but only now I've started to really play it...in the begining I had fps prblms alo didn't have the pacience to learn all the avionics and so forth...but now Id ecided to give it another go... so:

I decided to start flying the su25 wich is basicaly an "analog fighter" wich makes it easier to use than the all digital ones...and it's nice to start learning all the basic keys and how the sistems work...

also:

after reading the tweaking stuff and all that I have my lomac running with good fps even with basic shadows...so I'm happy, but when the weather is overcasted above the clouds I loose a lot of fps...I intalled the low overcast version3 but still I loose fps...can anyone help me reducing the cloud impact?

also I d/l the mod to make the su39 flyable but how do I select it?? and is there any way that I can substitute the su25 by the su39 in the su25 campaign?

oh, my system is:

PIV2,4ghz ; 1024 DDR400 ram ; Fx5600 256mb ; soundblaster audigy platinium Ex ; hmmm basicaly that's it :)

Edited by cleobis

The clouds are very very FPS unfriendly - the only way may be to avoid altogether if your rig (which is quite OK by the way) does not like it.

I think that the next patch (1.03) may solve some of the problems , so don't worry.

As for the add-ons, if experience serves me right, you have simply to select a skin and you will be able to fly them.

whats this i hear about 1.03 patch? Ive been following up so closely with 1.1 I neglected to hear about the 1.03 patch. Someone clue me in?

1.1 is the add-on but i believe they are thinking of releasing just the patched part of 1.1 (ie none of the additional stuff) as a free patch named 1.03.

dont quote me on it though!

:biggrin: