Slartibartfast

Turkish F-4 down on the Border with Syria....

Syrian Regime warning Turkey to interfere? Or horrible accident. This may get out of hand, fast.

F-4 down, Fishbed defection... It's like the golden days of 70's jet combat down there.

• Like 1

Hope the pilots survived.If Syrian forces did bring down the plane,then it's a real foolish decision from their side as they may have made a new powerful enemy.

Pilots are alive and rescued according to Swedish Media, also Syrians confirms take-down and apologized to Turkish PM

they ought not to have done that. as anyone who's dealt with em before can testify mess with one Turk (including Phantom) you'll find yourself facing many Turks real quick (including Phantoms, Tigers, Vipers)

they ought not to have done that. as anyone who's dealt with em before can testify mess with one Turk (including Phantom) you'll find yourself facing many Turks real quick (including Phantoms, Tigers, Vipers)

And a whole mess more if they invoke Article V of the NATO Charter... all 28 Nations turn up for a fight...

I'd imagine Syrian forces are amped up to 11. It wouldn't surprise me if someone has orders to shoot on their own forces if there are any more defections...

If the crew had died, I think things could have gotten a lot worse real fast.

FC

F-4 down, Fishbed defection... It's like the golden days of 70's jet combat down there.

Wow yeah - saw the defection to Jordan yesterday!

Turkey is getting rather cocky lately anyway...they shouldn't be crossing Syrian borders carelessly...

Wow yeah - saw the defection to Jordan yesterday!

Still no aircraft pictures or details...not saying anything...just saying...

not saying anything...just saying...

That's a bit contradictory, isn't it? :grin:

Still no aircraft pictures or details...not saying anything...just saying...

Uh, I've seen articles with the aircraft in question (a fat spined MiG-21), and the pilot's name, rank, and that he is a father of five, who's hometown is under control of the rebels.

Well the best I've seen was a picture of Egyptian MiG-21 :dntknw:

All other illustrations didn't even show the Fishbed but Su-22 and one particularly silly showed MiG-23BN

BTW I'm interested in modern camos for Syrian mig's, saw one blurry desert scheme for the Fulcrum allegedly Syrian but couldn't find the drawing anywhere...sorry for off-topic btw...

This isn't the first time for the Arab Spring revolutions that pilots have defected.A few pilots defected from Libya in Mirage F-1s.

This is the photo of the Syrian Mig-21

Ynet news

Edited by guyran

OK.....that is not a Syrian MiG-21. It is Egyptian and if I can remember someone used that same photo for a hangar screen downloadable here!

• Like 1

Yup and it's quite old I remember seeing it ages ago...

There are more of that in the same surroundings but from different angle...

Edited by Brain32

Hi, hi, so in other words the Israeli newspapers use Combatace as a source for pictures :lol:

• Like 1

The credit for this photo of Mig-21 belongs to AFP- Agence France-Presse.

Still getting mixed reports here as to whether the crew have been picked up, anyone able to confirm?

Craig

And a whole mess more if they invoke Article V of the NATO Charter... all 28 Nations turn up for a fight...

And even messier having read of Russian military units in Syria.

ATS sources say pilots didn't have time to bail out..?

Edited by Stary