Wasnt happy with cowling and somehow overlooked the venting flaps too,had them on earlier model,so I decided to make it better ...reshaped cowling,just got to finish right flaps,and the engine is flat so redoing that too.

New

and old.

post-1981-0-10612800-1340473079.jpg

post-1981-0-88070600-1340473086.jpg

It's funny how I never noticed there was anything "wrong" with this until you posted this pic. Def a case of improveing something rather than fixing something as far as I'm concerned.Thank you for making all of these excellent improvements to your ALREADY AWESOME P-47.

The P-47N is incredible Russouk2004! Any chance we might see a new P-47D soon? Thanks again!

Great looking aircraft, thanks Russo. The detail on the new bump mapped rivets is incredible. :clapping:

Rather than flat engine texture,I decided to revamp it ,looks better imo,just need to map correctly,and add the lower vent ducting,and finish the cowl flaps.

post-1981-0-96774600-1340565239.jpg

post-1981-0-55157700-1340565246.jpg

post-1981-0-13565500-1340565255.jpg

Very impressive! The new bumpmaps make it a whole new aircraft.:salute:

Dang Russ! WOWSER!!! you even got the bigfoot mud gripper tires (tyres for some of you) correct! :heat:

lol....aye the tyres were used a lot,should be done by weekend at latest.

your suposed to say ready in 2 weeks. your going to spoil everyone ;) I'm looking forward to this. Will the older skins work with this ?

so far they have ... mapping seem unchanged to me!

:yikes: WOW Russ!

Just goes to show, a few extra polys in the right place can help make all the difference! Cracking work Russ! :drinks:

Great looking work Russ, thanks, looking forward to the new version.

If you are working on the P-47N to animate the cowl flaps, can you also have a look at the pylon node name for the fuselage drop tank? There seem to be two in the current LOD, called FrontTankClamps and RearTankClamps, and if no tank is taken on a mission, one or the other still shows up.

The aircraft would look cleaner with no stray pipes hanging off the belly on short-range missions.

So could you maybe amalgamate these two meshes into one, so the CentrelineStation could have ModelNodeName=TankClamps.

Edited by Gatling20

1st off,the new update will NOT affect the skins for it

2nd,regarding the centreline tank,already on it,should be ready next week,as im moving house and will be set up on weds 4ty july.and no im not american so july 4th doesnt affect me...lol

Couple more days,as ive had stuff to do in new house,but im on it.

ok..new engine detail all done,centreline tank mech doesnt show if no centre tank selected,revised the skins and added corrct panel texture,few other tweaks.

heres the 3d engine .

post-1981-0-19047400-1344542204_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-75853400-1344542214_thumb.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

Beautiful warbird!!!

New version plus new template,uploaded awaiting confirmation :good:

Edited by russouk2004

Excellent, just excellent work!