Olham

Fourteenthousand Posts - and in School I seldom spoke

Okay, looks like drinks for everyone - this is my 14.000st post!!!

I'll use it to tell you guys, that I'm going to be on leave from Tuesday, 26 June until 10 Juli 1917 - aerh - 2012.

Now let's broach the casks - get yerself a stein and come to the source of pleasure, everybody!

:drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks::drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

HOOOORRRAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

make feel me like an underachiever. :rofl:

still i know you've helped many over the years. congrats :drinks:

Yes,1,000 more gives him a Triplane alright , but it's a Sopwith :grin: :grin: :grin:

Thank you guys!

Though I'm commonly known as the "Albatros Man" - how could I seriously reject the wonderful Sopwith Triplane?

1.000 posts more will be quickly done - perhaps you order one from Mr. Sopwith already, so we won't have delays?

Congratulations! Your cheerfulness and helpfulness is something I always look forward to when checking in. Enjoy your leave!

:drinks:

Tom

Well done Sir! Now then everyone, let's see if we can't run up Olham's bar tab equally high.

:drinks:

Later the same evening:

[There ain't no beer on Hawaii, there ain't no beer! So we won't go to Hawaii - so we stay here!]

Edited by Olham

Well done Olham.

Can you tell me in "Drum fahr Ich nicht nach Hawaii," is Drum an accepted contraction of darum?

BTW it looks likes the lad had a grand time!!

Can you tell me in "Drum fahr Ich nicht nach Hawaii," is Drum an accepted contraction of darum?

BTW it looks likes the lad had a grand time!!

Yes, it is. When I read the book of Max Immelmann with many of his letters from 1915, I find

that they used to speak a bit different, "old fashioned" compared to today's German.

"Drum und dran" is still said though (Darum und daran = paraphernalia, trappings).

These men were from FA8 (Fliegerabteilung 8), and it looks like they had a little party.

Tired is very polite - braindead more like! Mmuahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!

I'd like to see a picture of them the next morning!no.gif

Great photo Olham

Crossbones