Sign in to follow this  
MAKO69

Chuck Yeager up 2 no good the "Right Stuff"

Cool I saw that movie, how many hours did thet spend polishing the 104?

James Fox who should be work but is not.

That is a great movie, even with the Hokiness of Hollywood mixed in!

Love this movie!

Superb film, I do not know how many times I could annoy my neighbors by putting lots of times the scene of the F-104 taking off, the sound up.

The real Chuck Yeager lives in Grass Valley, CA, right next to Beale AFB. Had the good fortune to buy the man beer as long as he would tell his war stories (there are many!) at the meetings of our Order of Dadaelions chapter. Cost me more than my meager AF captain's salary could afford, but it was worth every minute. One of his war stories saved this young aviator's life, but that is another story for another time. He was always willing to share his experiences with the young aviators and they, like me, all profited from the experience. The movie does a pretty good job of portraying the man.

As a matter of fact, in the Dry Lake bar scenes, the real Chuck is in the movie and has a line or two. He is the old codger working in the background. A real legend!