Its been a long time once again and my thoughts turned to the old group. Spent the last hour reading some of the posts and especially was grand to see places and houses where many of you live. I don't have a photo on hand of my place but I live in a rural area much like RAF Louvert- about 170 miles to the north and west of him. But it got me thinking about a flight I took two summers ago. A barnstormers tour was in the area and for a reasonable price was able to go up in the air in two different aircraft for about 20 minutes in each. One was called a New Standard and the other was the Travel Air that is pictured. a real fine ride. Well, maybe i'll see you around some time. I do a little flying in another arena in a WW2 aircraft but most of my time is spent with my artwork. Hope i can still remember how to post pictures. The best to all of you. Ras

post-45893-0-64830300-1340766326.jpg

Edited by Ras

My, I bet that was fun! Do stop by, as Beard says. You know they're getting ready to release a major update of OFF, if you're into WWI I think it's a "must have". Where else do you fly, virtually or otherwise? And what sort of artist are you? That can be a rough way to make a living!

Best,

Tom

RAS! Great to see you around camp again Sir. I keep meaning to give you a call when I am up near DL, but it has been a crazy year so far. And open cockpit biplanes are the OOOOOOOOONLY way to fly. :good:

Lou, do give a call when you know you are going to be in the area. Gone sometimes on a little fishing or camping trip- sometimes a bit to West Fargo to see grandchildren , Still home more than away. PS. The barnstormer tour is in Fargo, ND on August 9, 10, and 11. And if you or anyone else passes through Fargo they have a wonderful air museum. Mostly WW2 birds though

Edited by Ras

Hi Ras...wondered where you'd gone! :drinks: