Sign in to follow this  

after updates/patches all the controls are messed up. when I try to change them back and accept new controls, then go to fly they get messed up again. Some of the controls aren't even displayed correctly such as when I press "M" it activates ECM even though on the controls it says it's my "Toggle Radar". I also tried using my controls I had backed up before updates, and they are screwy too. I was even desperate enough to manually make a new INI file in my controls folder, and that doesn't work.

What's wrong?

I hope I can get this fixed before my new TrackIR comes in

Edited by RadPig94

is there an AircraftObject.ini residing in the /Objects folder? if so, rename or delete it

is there an AircraftObject.ini residing in the /Objects folder? if so, rename or delete it

I don't see a AircraftObject.ini in the main directory's /Objects. But there is a AircraftObject.dll, is that what you mean?

I manually enter values in the Default.ini and that's worked so far for me.

I manually enter values in the Default.ini and that's worked so far for me.

doesn't work, now it's totally screwed up, absolutely nothing is assigned to anything now on every keyboard savefile. And the changes I make won't stay

delete the default ini, in the /Controls folder. let the game build a new one

----------

I don't see a AircraftObject.ini in the main directory's /Objects. But there is a AircraftObject.dll, is that what you mean?

look in the mods folder --- for the record, there is NOTHING to be found (without the cat extrator) in the C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2\Objects.

Those are the core files, and are 'untouchable' (for all intents and purposes)

we always refer to the folders withIN the mods folder

C:\Users\*yournamehere*(\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2

Edited by Wrench

there wasn't one in the mods folder either

Have you tried deleting everything in your controls folder and then restart the game, it will create a new default.ini file which should work with the new update.

Hope it helps

Romflyer

Have you tried deleting everything in your controls folder and then restart the game, it will create a new default.ini file which should work with the new update.

Hope it helps

Romflyer

I reinstalled, it worked but now I'm having another problem