Sign in to follow this  
Trotski

Front Gunners

Hello fellow Pilots, has anyone else experienced the non firing gunner ? particularly in pushers, I flew a couple of sorties in a Gunbus today, and even though I was sat on the tail of a Fokker for what seemed like forever, my observer refused to fire, even at point blank range, I havent tries out the FE2 yet or some of the Farmans with front gunners, but certainly on the Gunbus , there would appear to be a particular lack of moral fibre from the prune blocking my view.....any suggesttions oh esteemed aviators ? :blink:

make sure that your gun data is set up the same as the gun listed. if your using a stock gun ini and the data ini of the aircraft in question calls for a gun that has the _gunner tag it woun't work. either add the updated gun data or dlete the _gunner from the line and it should work ok.

hmmmmmmmm, actually I have tried it both ways, the default of the Gunbus doesnt have the _gunner tag, so I added it....still no joy.....will play around with it again tomorrow, also see if there are any other suggestions as well as your most excellent one for which I thank you :good:

I'll do some test too when I get home from work tomorrow. hopefully you will get the answer before then.Good luck.

What is your distance o target? I have set the gunner to open fire at 600m. With these old machine guns, long range firing is a waste of ammo. You can also go to the AIData into the VickersFB5_Data.ini and change GunnerFireChance=80 to GunnerFireChance=100.

Nevertheless, the plane works fine for me. I have just shot down two German two seaters in it.

I was sat right on the tail of the fokker, just undeneath his enpenage, was there following to sod about for ages too, so I would estimate within brick throwing distance !!! but I shall try your change to the AI data too and see what happens :good:

Cheers ocjar !! that did it !!!...easy when you know how eh !! thank you mate