Great work Dels. Anyone else think that this bird was retired too early?

• Like 1

Reports say it was only officially retired. There have been sightings of this thing for years since it's retirement. I am considering extending the dates and using a blank skin to represent a JDAM capable JSOC Nighthawk. Or it can be used as a stealth Aggressor platform to train to defeat advanced stealth aircraft from potential threat states.

http://aviationintel.com/2012/06/10/why-is-the-stealthy-f-117-nighthawk-still-flying/

Edited by CrazyhorseB34
  • Like 1

Some people have reported issues with the skin and glass not showing up. Firstly, has anyone else got this issue?

With the skins, I have attached a new .LOD which changed the call outs from .bmp to .jpg. Hopefully that will fix it.

With the glass, I'm not sure, but you MUST have the glass.tga file in the squadron directories.

I also noticed the rescue decal on the 416th birds is too big, so attached is a new decal.ini for it.

F-117A fix.7z

Dels

Is there any chance to Bring 37TFS's 417TFS and 49FW's 7th,8th and 9th fighter Squadrons decals/skins for this aircraft?

Edited by derpface

On 7/28/2017 at 6:35 PM, derpface said:

Is there any chance to Bring 37TFS's 417TFS and 49FW's 7th,8th and 9th fighter Squadrons decals/skins for this aircraft?

hows your skills with Gimp or Photoshop?  simplest would be to have a black skin and add the relevant serials and unit markings

16 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

hows your skills with Gimp or Photoshop?  simplest would be to have a black skin and add the relevant serials and unit markings

Well, i found this link http://www.f-117a.com/Serial.html. There seems to be every single F-117 on existence, except that it doesn't clarifies to which 49th Fighter Wing squadron each serial number belongs.  Regarding about making decals,  i know how decals for this game are made , but still don't know how use gimp/photoshop properly.

Edited by derpface

ok  to clarify abit whats your willingness to learn those programs?

having learned both (PS in a classroom, GIMP on my own) i would say that Phostoshop is easier, but GIMP is free and has over 80% of the features of PS (over 95% for modding uses). to get someone else to make it requires their time and interest, but this community is generally willing to assist new modders. i suggest reading through the knowledge bases for Wings over Series and SF2 before proceeding. personally i dont think decalling is very hard at all, and i got into it because i wanted post Vietnam markings for Phantoms. it is abit tricky at first like pretty much any new human endeavor.

as to which serial to which unit,  google search helps some. what you cant tie to a specific unit, add in a batch of the other historical serials. if you proceed let me know, will shoot you a font for the serials.

• Like 1

adjusting serials for units can sometimes be harder than learning gimp or photoshop...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

ain't that the truth, yakarov!

12 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

adjusting serials for units can sometimes be harder than learning gimp or photoshop...

very true. it's why i say "semi historically accurate"!  you can get a few right with photos. the rest...........

based on some Pics, This is what i've tried to do so far.  9th FS Flying knights

img00023.thumb.JPG.f2da99da9d4d715b91d35b7974022138.JPGimg00025.thumb.JPG.720b3910d62a63e752d0dbf5eecea68d.JPG

My PC has low Specs, sorry for the very bad Resolution.

img00024.JPG

• Like 2

looking good for someone who said they had no skills!

you may want to consider changing the insignia to tga as well so it looks closer (as in better) to the unit markings. also may need to play with the placement of the decal in the ini some,  not quite how sure but the tail doesnt feel quite right.

keep at it, the end results are generally quite satisfying!

Yes it's true, it looks a bit off position, i will try to fix that and i´ll take your advice too.

img00021.thumb.JPG.700414eac433a9e922c5e5c15087e298.JPG

here is another insignia, this one from  the 8th FS Black Sheep. It is a modified Decal from the web (just adjusted size, resolution and colour)

Edited by derpface

Im working in the tail Unit markings for the 8th and 7th FS F-117s too.

Edited by derpface