Erik

What now?

Have you ever received a box at your front door that you're totally not expecting? Yesterday FedEx did just that. Almost 6 months ago I ordered a monitor from a place in Los Angeles. When my order arrived it was damaged by the shipper so I put in a claim, replaced the monitor locally at BestBuy, and forgot about it. Yesterday the replacement equipment showed up that I don't really need. I'm happier with the replacement monitor than I am with the original order. So I have this new in the box, never opened, paper weight sitting in my office. You can take a look at what arrived yesterday here:

ASUS VW246H Glossy Black 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 ASCR 20000:1 (1000:1) Built-in Speakers

I'm wondering if we should just have a contest or some type of community involvement activity that I can gift this off to the winner? What do you guys think and what kind of contest / activity do you think I should offer? Let me know if you are interested in something like this. Could be fun to see what you guys come up with.

• Like 3

First one to reply in this thread gets it...?

Edited by malibu43

i vote for a biggest smart a$$ contest, though that could be hard to determine in this community

Give it to TK so he can see how his SF2: NA Terrain actually looks like on a 24?

• Like 2

Give it to TK so he can see how his SF2: NA Terrain actually looks like on a 24?

ship it to Sweden as the poster above made the best reply in this thread. Ever.

written by poor user sitting in front of old 19" (hint hint :rofl: )

• Like 1

Stary might be on to something... Best hard-luck story wins? Most votes up takes it...

Eh...hard luck is very subjective. We need something a little more objective I think.

No idea WHAT though.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but votes are countable... so, vote early and vote often...

Lets have something more positive. I have a super stump the dummy question that we could use for this contest. I just need to clear it with Erik. It is a single question....but its DAMN hard......and its not the meaning of life.

• Like 1

OK, Dave, positive is good, but if it's your question, you aren't eligible for the prize... :rofl::yikes:

Sell it and donate the money to TK so he can come up with some different excuses as to why we don't have new features.

Folks, knock off the comments about your feelings on the TW series of sims in this thread.

It's getting old, and it is not important to this thread.

Constructive ideas on what to do about the monitor please.

Clear as mud?

Press on and come up with some useful suggestions.

FC

• Dislike 1

I admit that my first suggestion - before fooling around - was a competition amongst the lines of "Best mod with the use of Stock resources".

It would have to be a brand new one at that.

However, this would be deeply unfair to the 3D Modellers around us, who create new for the good of us all.

I'd want something that everyone can take part in no matter if they are a member or modder. There are a great group of people here and I for one think we can have fun with this while rewarding our community a little. I'll continue to take suggestions and ideas to see what we can come up with then we'll run with an idea and make some fun of it. Thanks so far for everything.

Erik

How about making a question and answer thread? Ask a random common knowledge question which everybody can answer and the first to answer that question is entitled to ask a new question and so forth. Let it run a random time which only you know Erik. The one with the unanswered question when the time expire wins the monitor. This way it need some kind of effort to win sorting out any inactive members.

• Like 2

How about making a question and answer thread? Ask a random common knowledge question which everybody can answer and the first to answer that question is entitled to ask a new question and so forth. Let it run a random time which only you know Erik. The one with the unanswered question when the time expire wins the monitor. This way it need some kind of effort to win sorting out any inactive members.

I like it. grin.gif

It just need a few rules on hard the question must be so everybody have a chance to answer it. keeping it in the common knowledge range of the spectrum

I like it Henrik! But common knowledge not expert level like "diameter of RAM turbine on F-110 Spectre post 1969"

Not to mention if the answer is too easily Googled and then it just becomes reaction-time testing.

Not to mention if the answer is too easily Googled and then it just becomes reaction-time testing.

That would be a problem. I'm not sure Q&A would work.

Hmmmm now there's something to think about. punish.gif

I love the idea....even though I am not eligible I would like to start the question off.

I think it would end up in a crazy long thread. But a very fun one being more intense the closer it comes to a end :grin: I think would be the package game all over with eager people snatching it from another in a question race speeding up the farther the threads run.

As always, the Danes want to spread Doom and Pandemonium! ^^

We all need a hobby :grin: