Sign in to follow this  
Toryu

Russia said to participate in Red Flag this year!

No April fools' today:

http://www.flightglo...o-red-flag.html

Sounds interesting to me :cool:

I think this is incredibly cool. It wasn't so long ago that world affairs were run so that every powerful nation feared every other - aside from those with whom they were temporarily aligned in order to attempt beating the snot out of some other lot. Hence your ally in this war, would be your enemy in the next (assuming you won) lest he become too powerful and threatening.

Hardly a very enlightened way to run the world. And it was the boys and young men (like my sons in a few years) who would lay down their lives each generation while the old men schemed. In the last seventy years the old men were just too scared to even try.

Now maybe we are learning that we have more in common with each other than not...

Edited by KiwiBiggles

:lol:

Our demo squadron nearly missed Farnborough this year, because they didn't apply for visas in time. I wonder, if the Red Flag team will be better prepared.

• Like 1

HMMM someone is going to have to make excuse to be on the 15 a few days in Oct just to see that!....................... Oh babe I need to go to Costco, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, sweetie... I know you want some of them cupcakes from that place on Flamingo I live about 80 miles northeast when they are dog fighting you can see the contrails real good and sometimes they buzz my town

Now I do hope they make it. News dropped in that Russian Knights won't be going to Farborough after all.