Sign in to follow this  

I'm going to embarrass my self by posting another question? It seems that i really can't do things on my own and has to rely on you guys. Well, you know that some model have a camera mode like the TCS on MF F-14. I was wondering if its possible to change the angle of view on this camera like making them face downward? so even if your flying level or your nose is raised up your still given a view of the ground underneath. If possible a detail list of what to do please. Thanks in advance.

saisran, look for this entry in the aircraft data ini.:

[CAMERA]

SystemType=EO_CAMERA

ModelNodeName=Cam

CameraFOV=2.500000

SightTexture=

CameraPosition=0.0,8.4,-1.0

CameraYaw=0.000000

CameraPitch=-2.000000

CameraRoll=0.000000

EODisplayFlags=268763392

SeekerRange=30.000000

SeekerGimbleLimit=40.000000

SearchFOV=5.000000

SearchTexture=

MinExtentPosition=-0.124,7.331,-1.007

MaxExtentPosition= 0.124,8.683,-0.721

As you can see, there are entries for Field of View, Yaw, Pitch, Roll, etc. The one you want is CameraPitch, which in this example (this is the MF F-14) is 2.5 degrees down. Save a copy of the original ini. to your desktop in case you screw up, and just play around with the entry in the aircraft folder, observing the in-game results with each change, and you really can't go wrong.When bored, peruse the Knowledge Base (for both SF1 and SF2, a lot of stuff is cross-applicable), there's lots of good stuff in there.

saisran, look for this entry in the aircraft data ini.:

[CAMERA]

SystemType=EO_CAMERA

ModelNodeName=Cam

CameraFOV=2.500000

SightTexture=

CameraPosition=0.0,8.4,-1.0

CameraYaw=0.000000

CameraPitch=-2.000000

CameraRoll=0.000000

EODisplayFlags=268763392

SeekerRange=30.000000

SeekerGimbleLimit=40.000000

SearchFOV=5.000000

SearchTexture=

MinExtentPosition=-0.124,7.331,-1.007

MaxExtentPosition= 0.124,8.683,-0.721

As you can see, there are entries for Field of View, Yaw, Pitch, Roll, etc. The one you want is CameraPitch, which in this example (this is the MF F-14) is 2.5 degrees down. Save a copy of the original ini. to your desktop in case you screw up, and just play around with the entry in the aircraft folder, observing the in-game results with each change, and you really can't go wrong.When bored, peruse the Knowledge Base (for both SF1 and SF2, a lot of stuff is cross-applicable), there's lots of good stuff in there.

I tried to change the value of the pitch before i posted but i cant seem to get it to point at least 30deg down from a horizonal plane. iguess the numbers i'm using is too big for the game. is there a value limit? like if i want a camera pointing straight down what's the value? Anyway im gonna experiment some more. thank you very much! grin.gif

Sorry about that, just did some testing, I'm afraid I was guilty of assuming (oh, no). Field of View is adjustable, seems pitch is not. Probably because the camera view is a clone of the forward view. AFIK, except in the case of a TV guided weapon, the game will only display one view at a time.There's something in the KB about that, but you'll have to dig it up.

Sorry about that, just did some testing, I'm afraid I was guilty of assuming (oh, no). Field of View is adjustable, seems pitch is not. Probably because the camera view is a clone of the forward view. AFIK, except in the case of a TV guided weapon, the game will only display one view at a time.There's something in the KB about that, but you'll have to dig it up.

I see. so that' i can't make it work. I was hoping i could make a landing camera out of it. Guess i have to make do with TW ILS. I'll just try to make it work on the MF model. Thanks.grin.gif

saisran, the TW VDI (ILS) has already been adapted for use on the MF 'Cats. You'll have to d'load and install the Tomcat Superpack vers.1.8, (you've got to start with that) I think the Combined Flight Model, and then the April 2012 Avionics Update. They're all in the SF2 d'load section.

Here's the SuperPack: http://combatace.com...mcat-superpack/ . The first Update: http://combatace.com...ate-april-2012/ . And the Avionics Update: http://combatace.com/files/file/12879-f-14ab-avionics-update-april-2012/ .Install in that order and post back. By the way, the entire SuperPack is going to be updated very soon w/the D models updated to the same standard.

Edited by SupGen

saisran, the TW VDI (ILS) has already been adapted for use on the MF 'Cats. You'll have to d'load and install the Tomcat Superpack vers.1.8, (you've got to start with that) I think the Combined Flight Model, and then the April 2012 Avionics Update. They're all in the SF2 d'load section.

Here's the SuperPack: http://combatace.com...mcat-superpack/ . The first Update: http://combatace.com...ate-april-2012/ . And the Avionics Update: http://combatace.com...ate-april-2012/ .Install in that order and post back. By the way, the entire SuperPack is going to be updated very soon w/the D models updated to the same standard.

Whoa! thanks SupGen. this helps me out a lot. This is one of the reason i love this community. thanks!

when I rebuild the U-2 for SF2, I added the driftsight, pointing pretty much straight down. Unfortunately, thats the only view you'll have.

once you set the view angles, they're fixed in place

[Driftsight]

ReferenceName=

SystemType=EO_CAMERA

CameraFOV=30.000000

CameraAngles=0.0,-85.0,0.0

SightTexture=avq23sight1.tga

EODisplayFlags=268435456

Wrench, nice one wrench I'll also try this one.good.gif

you guys. How come you can do this things and i can't?grin.gif

Holy...cow! saisran that entry is definitly the one you're looking for. Also open up the CameraFOV= to 12.5 or so. (Or whatever you like.) Smart idea, landing camera. Between you and me, I can't get on the boat, either. Wrench, if you check back here, does this mean those other entries are invalid? If not, what do they do? Boy, I guess you do learn something new everyday!

Its nice to know that im no alone. i can get on the boat after several pass (Thanks to the guys answering my inquiry on landing techniques) although i wont make it into the navy.grin.gif And this place does beat school in the bunch of stuff you can learn.grin.gif

the other entires, that SG posted, i think, are more for target tracking (like EO guided weapons and such); similiar to laser designator or lltv view

i've never used the TCS on the Tomcat for landing....that's what the "A" key for!!! :rofl: (yes, i'm a lazy f**k)

Edited by Wrench

Hey Wrench, me too. Unfortunately the new updates' Combined Flight Model may preclude this, at least with the A/B models. They seem to come in about thirty feet too high; nothing a well timed throttle chop can't handle.:grin:

Just experimented with the camera. well they also work nice with the A button. I just need to trim the setting for best result on manual landing. Right now i got the CameraAngles=0.0,-85.0,0.0 and CameraFOV=80.000000. I got some screens but do excuse the image quality.

a nice view of the CAT's rail

<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">its nice to actually see the carrier when landing

How come the AI makes it look easy? lolz!

Thanks a bunch guys!

oh yeah. I tried to make a separate mode for the landing camera by adding a different entry in the data.ini and avionics.ini. but it seems that you have to have another instrument in the cockpit. however there's seems to be a fixed set of instrument so it didn't work. Is my assumption correct or is it possible to add a separate camera mode?

saisran, nice screenies, but it looks like you have some stuff from the original (non-working) TMF VDI. Go into the Cockpit folder and delete DIRECTORMARK.TGA, RANGEBAR.TGA, and VDI.TGA. Those textures aren't used by the TW VDI. I think you can only have the one camera, but in the forthcoming update it'll be on the VDI screen (as in the real 'Cats TCS) and the HSI will be fixed to show proper heading info. If you like 'Cats (and I think you do) you'll like this.

saisran, nice screenies, but it looks like you have some stuff from the original (non-working) TMF VDI. Go into the Cockpit folder and delete DIRECTORMARK.TGA, RANGEBAR.TGA, and VDI.TGA. Those textures aren't used by the TW VDI. I think you can only have the one camera, but in the forthcoming update it'll be on the VDI screen (as in the real 'Cats TCS) and the HSI will be fixed to show proper heading info. If you like 'Cats (and I think you do) you'll like this.

ah that. i was just checking what would happen if i leave them there. can't wait on the next update. Thanks the help you and wrench provided my with.