indeed he need that...

Yuri you mentioned various titles that have one thing in common: they work out of the box and don't need helluva modding to be up to their release date standards, in fact all of those made new standards at release

Not if Cliffs of Dover is classed under Il-2. God, that was a horrible release that for me required extensive work with different methods and settings to even get to run.

And I bought it on release, for retail price.

don't remind me on that epic fail Jonathan!

I have been a member of CA for a real long time now, and even though I don't actively participate in these forums or modding like many of you, I do share in y'alls anger and frustration over this game. I was one of the unlucky ones to buy the original Strike Fighters, not the Gold Edition, but the very first title and I have been disappointed since. What did I expect from a company that boxed and shipped it's very first product not even completed and barely flyable? With each new title to the series that came out, I too was hoping and expecting to see improvements in flight models, damage models, graphics, avionics and everything else but I didn't feel as if those improvements were made so I never bought another game in the series since then. So if I haven't bought any other game in the series since the launch title, why am I complaining?

I'm complaining because the ONLY thing that made this game enjoyable and worth all the headaches was the add-on work created by this community...by all the modders, programmers, .ini tweekers..everybody. If it wasn't for y'all taking time to do these things, not for money but out of love of aviation, this series would have died a long time ago. It's dedicated people like y'all who have kept this sim in the sky and I honestly think TK has forgotten that. I too wonder if he has ever taken the time and thanked y'all for keeping his game going for as long as it has. Given everything this community has given to the series, I think TK owes you guys at least the courtesy of an apology or a thank you.

Maybe its just crazy talk, but perhaps it's time for the community as a whole to take stock of the situation and maybe even call it quits. I'm not saying to stop modding or anything like that, but no more buying sims from this man or any DLC. Hit him where it hurts.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 3

DAVE : you can have any of my stuff i would use the sound mod and afterburners you too STARY you can have my buildings !.....and il be a beta tester :grin:

Edited by hi ho silver
  • Like 1

Maybe its just crazy talk, but perhaps it's time for the community as a whole to take stock of the situation and maybe even call it quits. I'm not saying to stop modding or anything like that, but no more buying sims from this man or any DLC. Hit him where it hurts.

I think FastCargo has a point when he says we are a minority. Even with the major modding sites combined, we are a rather small number purchasing his games, too few to make it viable. So there simply must be quite a few people who rarely visit CA and still play, probably without mods.

To this end, I actually asked him to put up a poll in the subject:

Edited by JonathanRL

Here's a flo-chart of TK's BS circle I showed him a while back:

post-5575-0-13297200-1341846687.jpg

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Lets get a team and do the realism mod....we have plenty of terrains, etc....

But think about it: The team break down

Stary on effects/environmental mods natually.....

Crusader, me, Grinch, ravenclaw on weapons.....

Spillone, Caesar, JSF_Aggie, Jat, eburger and ST0RM on aircraft ini modifications....

And of course anyone who wants to pick a catagory can jump in. These were just off the top of my head.

Then once this is done, we can suggest it as what to install first once you have first installed or patched the game.

We can rant and rave about how we think TK is doing and is or going or we can, as we have been, taking care of ourselves.

Dave - you can use any of my stuff.

- Carriers in SF2 campaigns

- Historically accurate F-4 loadouts for stock F-4's/weapons

- A-10A loadout mod and all the bits for better GAU8 effects

- A-6A loadouts

If there's any other loadout or .ini stuff I can help with, I'd be happy to (although time is limited).

In terms of scope, I'm assuming this is just addressing "realism" of stock aircraft, terrains, and weapons, right? If we start adding stuff, then this is going to turn into NF, SF2V AGXP, and the Suez Mod all in one package.

Edited by malibu43

Actually, why do clouds still look like sith, while they keep making skin packs (after all the moaning, that high quality skins are expensive as heck)?

There's a TW spy on CA, next week Screenshots for a "Cloud Pack" DLC will start showing up on TWs Facebook......

TWs problem is that he's trying to do everything himself, he doesnt want 3rd party help, TW is like a 3 man operation.

He cant Hire no one because he doesnt have the funding.

He cant make any large changes to code, because he doesnt have the funding.

But last time i checked, I seriously doubt he's ever tried to secure funding or publisher backing because of how bad Strategy First f***ed him over for SFP1.

by his responses I'd say most of his available resources are going towards Strike Fighters Mobile.

Edited by SkateZilla

That's BS. He could totally take out a business loan and create a couple of extra jobs. Texas is usually good on that. I don't think a lot of the little things we are requesting actually take hundreds of thousands of dollars, like the "arm all" option we all miss.

if 3rd parties do it better, he locks it out.

next patch, the cloud TGAs will be locked :p

You guys can use my HDR Mods (both for nvidia & ATI cards) as a optional use if users only have a DX9 card. I know NA can't use it but wished there was a DX10 Enbseries so I can try to help with the framerates. I had a lot of positive feedback about my HDR Mod saying it improved framerates some.

If you guys need me for help, just yell :).

Falcon

So much hate and negativity over a budget, non-copy protected, game made by one guy and a part-time artist who does this for fun. :(

The Angry Birds thing is funny although I would have put the comm building in the picture!

• Like 6

So much hate and negativity over a budget, non-copy protected, game made by one guy and a part-time artist who does this for fun. :(

The Angry Birds thing is funny although I would have put the comm building in the picture!

I am sorry, but we could not fit in the Comm Building. It would cost too much!

I could not resist...

Honestly, Dan. To me, it is not hate and negativity that makes us say the things we do. We honestly care about SF, and we want to see it evolve. We are still here, we still play it, we still mod it, we still buy the new games.

But it would be good to at least see some sign that TK had a vision for the series.

Edited by JonathanRL

I think we're tired of the evil comm building...

Not hatin'... Just sayin'....

Edited by SkateZilla

Dan

We just wish we had more info and where things are going. We have supported the sim and each other for so long that its natural for us to want some info. We know TK doesnt have to say anything but can you all throw us a bone? Where is the series going? What are some upcoming patch fixes and or add ons? Are there things we arent going to be able to do in the future we are doing now? is he gravating away with the series being moddable? We are pastionate about the series Dan and as you have seen we love to fly over the last ten years. So we are concerned about the future. Some communication is what we would like.

i think we're tired of the evil comm building...

That's goddamnevilcommbuilding....to you mister....

:lol:

• Like 1

Nah, y'all can blame it on me.

I almost got DanW and TK killed once...and they've been annoyed at me ever since.

:grin:

FC

I have always been a little curious just what the Thirdwire fan base really consisted of. I keep hearing that the CA community is only an insignificant portion of the target market, but I actually suspect otherwise. How many 10-12 year olds actually purchase gaming software that installs to a PC these days? It seems that if it is not in a gamestation/XBox/ipad or cellphone format, it is way too complex to even bother with. If TK had listened to some of the requests for more optional realism, and small touches like engine startup, air refueling, support for helicopter flight model, plus retaining the multi-player aspect, etc. (things that help turn his game into more of a simulation)- this fan base here would have grown and grown. I was originally called a fool to stick with a version of the titles which I could still happily mod away with instead of purchasing each new great title which hides more modding capability from you all. Watch for the next patch to disable adding any of your own custom decals or textures...your purchased DLCs will soon be an executable file which you cannot view or mod at all. Just my take.

Edited by mppd
  • Like 1

Calling the developer stupid, telling the community to not buy a game, and flat out criticizing every minute detail of a 20 dollar budget series doesn't look like caring to me. Not even close.

I love this site, the mods are cool and I used to enjoy posting teaser shots because I figured this forum liked them. But the negativity and TK bashing is just too much.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Blame MS, they killed DirectPlay to force everyone to GamesForWindows Live. Something an External Team (Xbox) designs, and another team (Windows) takes it and makes a mess of it.

Calling the developer stupid, telling the community to not buy a game, and flat out criticizing every minute detail of a 20 dollar budget series doesn't look like caring to me. Not even close.

I love this site, the mods are cool and I used to enjoy posting teaser shots because I figured this forum liked them. But the negativity and TK bashing is just too much.

Tough Love maybe? I dunno..

The people are in an outrage, because SF used to be openly modifiable, and now its not as open, and when you take things away from the people... the people get upset.

• Like 1

Also, to comment on Stary's original topic - I actually had the opposite reaction reading the thread about proximity fusing. In TK's defense, a very small number of people (ie - 1 or 2) are spamming his forum demanding he implement things that would have zero impact on gameplay. Even a "simmer" wouldn't notice how the missiles are fusing in everyday flying. I would much rather TK work on anything else (and I mean ANYTHING, even skinpacks...) than spend a bunch of time adding different kinds of fusing to AA missiles.

In the last year or so it seems like the relationship between CA and TK has taken a turn for the worse. At this point, we know what kind of requests TK will respond to and how he will respond. We know he wants a fun game and not a "sim". So lets try and rebuild a relationship with TW by making reasonable requests and having realistic expectations (given what we know at this point). Just continuing to rant against TK or ask that he turn SF2 into DCS F-4 is only going to burn more bridges and reinforce to him that we are no longer an important part of his customer base.

edit - looks like a lot has been discussed since I started my post and actually posted it. That's what I get for taking over an hour to get my post finished (I had other things to do in between)

Edited by malibu43
  • Like 1