what other sims mod Fuzing anyway?

rather TK finish exterminating Bugs.

or ask that he turn SF2 into DCS F-4

The name DCS F-4 is already taken by Eagle Dynamics....

But DCS Super Sabre is open.

Dan

We just wish we had more info and where things are going. We have supported the sim and each other for so long that its natural for us to want some info.

He's kinda of already laid out the road map for this year. Exp3 at some point... a port for Win8/android/iOS is being worked on. That's all I know of now. I mean, you can't say too much because when things change people get bent out of shape. What was the Falklands game that was supposed to come out few years ago? Jet Thunder? What ever happened to those poor guys? Fighter Ops? Personally, I doubt he'll ever stop making PC games... I mean, that's why we are all here right? But it takes real cash to do this, so you gotta find new sources of funding.

I don't know what any patches are fixes are coming out. I think the series has removed some moddability because of people stealing our work and also because of all the tech support posts about x/y/z not working due to a modded install. For each thread he has to read and answer the more time/money that takes, so in some cases, things may have gotten hard coded to make life easier. It's just the way it is. Case in point, the missiles. No matter what he does some guy is gonna complain over and over that is was changed/sucks/not real/etc.

I don't what the future holds. It's been 10+ years and he's still chugging along where others have failed. Is it the most pretty, realistic, bug free game? Nope, but I'd say F-14 looks a tad bit better than SFP1. But in the end, it's still a 20 dollar game. Nothing more, nothing less. I've painted everything from F-22s to the Wright Flyer.

I know everyone thinks they can do better, and make smarter business decisions, but try and cut the guy some slack. It's hard staying afloat with next to zero money every month. If it costs too much, then more than likely it costs too much. It's not an excuse, it's a reasonable explanation of the reality of the current flight sim economic universe when you don't have a publisher and aren't on Steam.

This is still a good site and great community. I hope it's still here 10 years from now.

And last, FC is good people for inviting us to fly and simulator and pizza/beer.

• Like 7

This is still a good site and great community. I hope it's still here 10 years from now.

As long as I can get Scandinavian Birds into a Scandinavian Setting, I recon I will be :salute:

Thanks Dan we appreciate the info. Things are clearer to me any way on why and what was done. Im looking forward to Exp 3. I do understand the missile thing too. Some people will never be happy and that thread was over the top. Finally I love you the skin DLC's, but that is because I am a skinner myself. Look forward to more of those too.

DanW,

I've posted some recommendations on the 3W forums (one of which was put in a patch :drinks: ), but one of my ongoing themes is that realizing that 3W is a small operation with a small budget, TK would make us all happy by adding hooks to the code. Even if he didn't attach anything to the hooks, we're a dedicated enough community that we'll run with it. 3W could use us as a force multiplier.

For example, I recently added suggestions for the ability to have multiple RWR sounds (something that has been long requested), as well as allowing additional folders for squadron markings by period. Both of these suggestions would require no work beyond the initial coding, and the modding community could run with this to create sounds for every emitter and desired air wing we wish. While other things may take priority, using these types of suggestions as a philosophy (unlock things for modders without requiring rework of existing data files) should be on 3W's radar.

I agree that there's too much negativity and it's to the point where the passion has turned into counterproductive venom. Something like this would do a lot for the goodwill of the loyal community, which would then in turn improve SF2 even more. Win-Win.

Edited by HomeFries

But Dan, can you explain why he's so against doing interviews or other publicity? I remember tipping off RPS which is a huge blog but apparently he wouldn't give them the time a day. It doesn't make sense to me. I'd want all the exposure I could get.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

I think the series has removed some moddability because of people stealing our work and also because of all the tech support posts about x/y/z not working due to a modded install. For each thread he has to read and answer the more time/money that takes, so in some cases, things may have gotten hard coded to make life easier. It's just the way it is. Case in point, the missiles. No matter what he does some guy is gonna complain over and over that is was changed/sucks/not real/etc.

This is my main problem, I still don't understand why some files that mean a big part of modding were locked out?

I can understand the LOD locking, we didn't have much use of those files at all, I really don't care LOD's were locked, but new terrain files that are not LOD's (*.FX or whatever he uses)?

Really?

You do know we can make new or edit/enhance existing terrains with those babies locked and such decision sure makes no sense to me.

Now instead of us being simply too busy thinkering with new stuff he has "frustration mail" on his forums...

doesnt 3ds max have the option to export material as a .fx?

So much hate and negativity over a budget, non-copy protected, game made by one guy and a part-time artist who does this for fun. :(

not even close DanW, as far as I'm concerned I'm just tired of the same excuses and replies again and again...

would I pay 50$ for TW title? Of course I would given it would stop the budget excuses

@SkateZilla: these aren't the kind of .fx we're looking for

TK definitely doesn't design. Cost does not matter to an artist.

Here you've got a guy upto his eyeballs in gomers(an expression borrowed from Richard Herman, if you will) being sledged at by his customers, not meeting sales targets, and well you know the rest. In a different manner, we've all been there at some point. That didn't stop us from thinking big. But trouble becomes evil when big dreams don't happen.

Then you've got a guy like Skate, who in some years of perfecting his carrier, CVN 75, has delivered a magnum opus that TK could never have developed with "hundreds of thousands of dollars" but only dreamed of; a case of Mozart to Salieri, if you are inclined to random analogies, that is.

Behind this virtual veil, all we want to do, is fly.

Seems to me we are on the same side.

While Dave's idea is great, it also seems the developer is bent on flying his own course. The struggle is interminable. New patch-distinct and pronounced erectile dysfunction dissipation of the element of thrill, get it up and running....new patch....here we go again...month of figuring out WTF went wrong(I don't do this full time!!!), six campaign flights, new patch....I got dumped by a girlfriend over this game. And I haven't finished a good campaign in years. The curious case of Coitus interuptus... FAAAACK!!! This is supposed to be R&R I thought.

With SF2, TK took away layered clouds. It pissed all over my game experience. But there was new s**te in there that hooked me like a lazy fish..I compromised. Thing is I like strawberries and cheese, not strawberries or cheese. TK must be spoken to. I think there's enough talent here to give him a springboard money can't buy. Its all about the pitch.

There's this movie I watched. Not the greatest, but there's this line,' if you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on being what you've always been.'

Applies to TK and us.

Nope I think you mixed up something...however even if there was some basic support for shader scripts it does not mean it would work in TW games...

@SkateZilla: these aren't the kind of .fx we're looking for

thanks, wasnt sure if Max was exporting the same file or not, as It wouldnt let me save a .FX file so i couldnt see if the structure was the same.

well, looking at those threads at 3W --and I'm not afraid to name names cause I just don't give a f*** about them-- carlostex and nolimitsohya, and a couple of others, are moronic idiots. I class them with the other "gimmes", that never return anything to the comunity, but only add to the general noise level. Talk about beating dead horses...over and over and over and over...its more than a little boring.

If they pulled that kind of s**t here, the general population would stomp them flat. The dips want 100% realism? I'm more than sure there's other choices for their gaming hours.

The more time TK spends trying to explain himself to these wall monkies, is more time and money lost on something more important.

-----

In response to the poster about the FE Camel; that was released by the Dev A-Team, and removed from here when they left to their own site.

---------------

Can the game be improved in certain areas? Of course! What game can't??

DanW, I'd like to personally thank you for talking to us. Still waiting for the RAAF Mirages!!

now, where can I get a hi-rez version of that SF:AB shot for a screen saver? It's too funny!

Edited by Wrench
  • Like 4
  • Dislike 1

well, looking at those threads at 3W --and I'm not afraid to name names cause I just don't give a f*** about them-- carlostex and nolimitsohya, and a couple of others, are moronic idiots. I class them with the other "gimmes", that never return anything to the comunity, but only add to the general noise level. Talk about beating dead horses...over and over and over and over...its more than a little boring.

If they pulled that kind of s**t here, the general population would stomp them flat. The dips want 100% realism? I'm more than sure there's other choices for their gaming hours.

The more time TK spends trying to explain himself to these wall monkies, is more time and money lost on something more important.

-----

+1

And last, FC is good people for inviting us to fly and simulator and pizza/beer.

You're more than welcome to come by and say howdy anytime!

And I promise I won't try to get you killed in traffic again...

FC

Word!

not even close DanW, as far as I'm concerned I'm just tired of the same excuses and replies again and again...

No offense, but if you keep getting the same 'excuse' over and over again then you are asking the same question over and over again and the response to that question obviously hasn't changed. Not sure what you expect.

• Like 2

Post of the day.

• Like 1

i think I tried to tell them that at one point too, before SF2NA was released. which is why i try to spend as much time away from TWs boards as I Possibly Can...

Edited by SkateZilla

-----

---------------

Can the game be improved in certain areas? Of course! What game can't??

DanW, I'd like to personally thank you for talking to us.

Ditto, well said m8. :clapping:

No offense, but if you keep getting the same 'excuse' over and over again then you are asking the same question over and over again and the response to that question obviously hasn't changed. Not sure what you expect.

some kind of roadmap for the series, now thanks to you we know something at least

+1

I'm so puzzled nolimitsonya gets a reply from TK for every fracking message he writes. Many many other basic questions from old members get ignored or a quick answer and its done.

Then just because a handful (sometimes just one!) complain about a piece of code, TK goes out and changes unbroken stuff to satisfy... so we end up with broken patches....

What a waste of time replying to pages of threads instead of chasing bugs and improving on what we already have..

maybe i should buy a laptop with Intel HD2000 GFX, and make a new username to complain under.. lol. J/k!

So much hate and negativity over a budget, non-copy protected, game made by one guy and a part-time artist who does this for fun. :(

as mentioned before, TK should be more ambicious, LB2 was an awesome game at its time, i can't see why he can't do something better.

also, take the good point of it , all this criticism is fruit of a community that DOES love the game...how many other small sims do you see out there that have a very active and HUGE community? if the sim was crappy noboy would pay attention at it and would ignore and all would be gone in the limbo of small independent devlopers.

if people complain is that because they do love the game and that's the point TK should value, he is the rockstar for us, we want it better we want it to face the huge sims or at least get closer to them, not because we love to hate.

The Angry Birds thing is funny although I would have put the comm building in the picture!

couldn't agree better with yourofl.gif