ok well i can hit up Europe very well. i NEED community pointers for any asian conflict units other than usaf or it will get ignored. after ANG and NATO air arms could possibly go round the world but again NEED some input in case i get to the magic 999 mark.

crazyhorse, there is such a mod. its called an off button for your monitor/ or laptop. :rofl: besides you aint amused reading the complaints round here? almost as funny as listening to soldiers gripe....

Edited by daddyairplanes

What we supposed to do if we can't bitch about something... for the troops that's what we do Bitch its when we stop bitching that people should get worried... :drinks:

ok well i can hit up Europe very well. i NEED community pointers for any asian conflict units other than usaf or it will get ignored. after ANG and NATO air arms could possibly go round the world but again NEED some input in case i get to the magic 999 mark.

Here's a start. I've enclosed the squadronlist.ini I'm using for the A-6 Superpack. I've added the prowler squadrons as well as some additional intruder squadrons (VMA-332, all 3 RAGs, 2 res squadrons, and VAQ-33 for the coolness factor of skinning multiple airframes in the same squadron) and 3 RN FAA squadrons (the RN needs some love too). I also allow left 402 through 450 blank to allow for official expansion (so we don't need to rename our level 1 decals every time a patch comes out), and my entries finish at 480. I think we should also include the 12 Dhimar squadrons to allow for custom skinning in the SF2 desert campaigns, though I haven't done that yet.

We should probably leave a pad on the back end in case somebody adds a plane so cool it just has to have its entries added. I think stopping at 900-950 is prudent. Other than that, the more the merrier!

EDIT: One other consideration: I agree that squadrons with stock planes should take precedence, but if there are recognized top notch packages that should have corresponding units added (I'm thinking Viper Team, Ravenclaw's Bucc, etc.) those should be added just because they are in such wide use.

EDIT2: obsolete attachment removed for version control.

Edited by HomeFries

We'll need to get permission from superskyshark to use his Avenger sounds and permission from Aube for his RWR sounds.

Feel free to use it if you want to. If it's of interest, I also made a Sidewinder lock tone more like the tone of older games like Strike Commander, but using http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=621RNJMunnU as reference. At least to match that video, matching my lock tone with Klav's search tone would give good results, and damnit, I KNOW when I have a lock now, though I'm sure some would find it more annoying than anything. I'd add distortion to make it more like the vid, but I'm more...employed that I used to be, so kind of let that slide.

Anyways, an example of the tone is at 2:30 at

along with evidence of me flying terribly, so if there's interest, I can toss it in the downloads section as-is, along with some further-lowered RWR tones so the IRLock comes through clear. Otherwise, again, feel free to use the RWR sounds as you see fit.

Here's a start. I've enclosed the squadronlist.ini I'm using for the A-6 Superpack. I've added the prowler squadrons as well as some additional intruder squadrons (VMA-332, all 3 RAGs, 2 res squadrons, and VAQ-33 for the coolness factor of skinning multiple airframes in the same squadron) and 3 RN FAA squadrons (the RN needs some love too). I also allow left 402 through 450 blank to allow for official expansion (so we don't need to rename our level 1 decals every time a patch comes out), and my entries finish at 480. I think we should also include the 12 Dhimar squadrons to allow for custom skinning in the SF2 desert campaigns, though I haven't done that yet.

We should probably leave a pad on the back end in case somebody adds a plane so cool it just has to have its entries added. I think stopping at 900-950 is prudent. Other than that, the more the merrier!

EDIT: One other consideration: I agree that squadrons with stock planes should take precedence, but if there are recognized top notch packages that should have corresponding units added (I'm thinking Viper Team, Ravenclaw's Bucc, etc.) those should be added just because they are in such wide use.

thanks for the addition. i have a hefty start with my personal one that also lists most every tactical user of the F-4, and figured after my 999 endstate i might wanna stop at 899 to give TK room to grow! :grin: however there is still alot to add...

TK has plenty of room to grow on the front end (402-450). Any padding at the end should be for mods that are so good they might as well be stock. :drinks:

HR

We got plenty of space and everything we need here. Modders have unlimited uploads here. And if don't have it, I can get it. I don't want to have to go to another site for anything I can get or we can do here. But thank you for the offer.

That is how I was thinking Mal. Here is the base mod folder. By the way put your stuff in there.

DA

You can add any units you want. Do't over think it, just start adding units until you puke.

Dave, sorry if I being dense. Do you want me to re-upload my stuff all in one base mod folder and upload it as one .rar file?

I had the wrong RWR sounds in my first upload (they were ones I had turned down too quiet). I'll re-upload the correct ones... once I figure out how exactly to upload them.

Is there a "Stop Bitchin" mod?

Cut due to lack of funding :wink:

• Like 2

Dave, sorry if I being dense. Do you want me to re-upload my stuff all in one base mod folder and upload it as one .rar file?

Yes please.

Yes please.

Roger.

Here is all my stuff:

BaseMod Folder.rar

edit - Or do you want them broken down by title at this point?

Edited by malibu43

Roger.

Here is all my stuff:

BaseMod Folder.rar

edit - Or do you want them broken down by title at this point?

The aircraft yes but if they are something that can be used for all of the sims then dont. We wil explain that in the readme.

OK. Check this out.

Step 1: Install this no matter what (works with any and all titles):

Common BaseMod Folder.rar

Step 2: Drag and drop these depending on which titles you have (order doesn't matter, allow to over-write):

SF2 BaseMod Folder.rar

SF2E BaseMod Folder.rar

SF2I BaseMod Folder.rar

SF2NA BaseMod Folder.rar

SF2V BaseMod Folder.rar

Step 3: If you have all titles, drop this guy in in addition to all of the above (again, allow to overwrite if it asks):

Full Merged BaseMod Folder.rar

That is 3 steps to follow. Shouldn't be too hard, even for noobs. I put soundlist.ini in the common folder, even though some of the sounds only get added depending on what title you have. I don't think having unused entries in soundlist.ini will cause any problems. This way users don't have to edit together a bunch of soundlists.

I split all the F-4 loadouts up into the appropriate titles, but I was going on memory for which F-4's are in which games. If I screwed that up somewhere let me know.

Edited by malibu43

Do you guys want me to upload a tweaked hdr mod? It'll be 2 weeks though, going to respite care on the 16th until the 23rd.

Falcon

Feel free to use any, all, or even a mix-match of content from any existing Menu X project. I would even consider designing a new one from scratch if you'd like, time permitted and all that...

Mal, I'll update the A-6 datafiles as well. I've since modified them to add proper nav/position lights. I'll go ahead and put them up once I release 1.5 of the superpack; at that point there should be no surprises.

Here's a philosophical question for the realism pack: do we want to incorporate pilots, seats, and fakepilot items? I tweaked a Mk4 seat to look like a Mk5 for the A-6A, and I have a Mk7 for the A-6E. We can also use the TMF F-14 seat for the EA-6B. Likewise, I have the additional nav lights on the A-6/EA-6B via fakepilot.

Personally, I think we should include this stuff as it isn't a skin, but rather it affects the entire aircraft.

Edited by HomeFries

Mal, I'll update the A-6 datafiles as well...

I like that I've become 'Mal' all of a sudden. Geeze! Are you guys really too lazy to type 'malibu'? :grin: I would think the extra work to capitalize the 'M' is more than just typing the whole word starting with a lower case 'm'.

:heat:

Personally, I never notice things like ejection seats, but I don't have a strong opinion either way.

Edited by malibu43

HR

I would upload those things because we dont need them looking for anything. So yes please add those.

Brennus

I would like to request a menu set for the realism pack. Something...high tech looking...with the title screen saying something like SF2: Realism Mod 1.0. Music if you feel like it too. Please...

hey thought on the place holder numbers.... it lists display names and goes alphabetical in the squadron dropdown in the menu.... i've been moving each batch of numbers(and associated tgas) to the end of the line with every patch that changes the squadron list. however (and please tell me if im wrong here) i could copy stock units as place holders, change num's to the 401-500 range (plenty of room for growth) and have the disply names as say "zuluplaceholder001-099" so it shows in the menu at the bottom. replace with new unit listings as TK pops em in. whaddaya think?

and Malibu43, weren't you the one to post about capitalization and Uncle Jacks horse? :rofl:

Edited by daddyairplanes

DA,

As you can see from my squadronlist.ini, if you add the placeholder and leave it blank, you don't even have to do the zulu units. Then updating the squadronlist.ini after a patch is as easy as overwriting the existing placeholders without having to rename entries or TGAs.

BTW, if you want to change things from 450 to 500, please let me know ASAP. I'll need to redo all of the A-6/EA-6B TGAs as well as the other level 1 decals (CAG birds, CVW wing codes, etc.) before I release the next A-6 Superpack (sometime this week).

I like that I've become 'Mal' all of a sudden. Geeze! Are you guys really too lazy to type 'malibu'? :grin: I would think the extra work to capitalize the 'M' is more than just typing the whole word starting with a lower case 'm'.

Ok, mal, I'll drop the upper-case at your request. :grin:

In all seriousness, I was covering down on what I saw. I'll refer to calling you malibu at your request.

BTW, if you want to change things from 450 to 500, please let me know ASAP. I'll need to redo all of the A-6/EA-6B TGAs as well as the other level 1 decals (CAG birds, CVW wing codes, etc.) before I release the next A-6 Superpack (sometime this week).

cool on the leaving blank, gonna try it hopefully tonight (damn the honey do list!! :grin: ) as for the number sequence, i think that will cover us for about 1-2 years at the rate Tk has been adding units of late. and by then we will likely have something completely different cooking. despite "two weeks" this is CA, not the DOD procurement process! things change quick..

Ok, mal, I'll drop the upper-case at your request. :grin:

In all seriousness, I was covering down on what I saw. I'll refer to calling you malibu at your request.

I was totally just kidding around. I thought it was funny because I've been here for years and no one had every called me "Mal". Then all of a sudden Dave does it a couple times and it catches on. I guess that just speaks to what a powerful and influential person Dave is. :grin:

In all seriousness, you guys can call me anything you want. Except for Shirley...

Edited by malibu43

I guess that just speaks to what a powerful and influential person Dave is. :grin:

It's good to be the king. :cool:

despite "two weeks" this is CA, not the DOD procurement process! things change quick..

I know. Once I got out of the NAV, I got into Defense acquisition. When I was doing JCIDS, I used to joke that my job was to be part of the problem.

Edited by HomeFries