Fates

Share your Favorite Utility

I wanted to start this topic to discover what little program you use that is free and you use often. Something that is a useful utility that assist with everyday computing.

For me, it's a little Print Screen software called PrtScr, I use it everyday at work and quite often at home.

http://www.fiastarta.com/PrtScr/

Enjoy!

PrtScr.jpg

I like to use xnview.

http://www.xnview.com/

Its great for image processing and batch file transformation like from bmp to jpeg.

I like a little proggy I use for backups n such called Allway Sync, works allot faster then cut/copy n paste Hmmm that reminds me Its time to run a Sync job...... witch can be scheduled

www.allwaysync.com

Edited by colmack

Two for me: IrfanView, great graphic formats viewer/batch conversion/adjustments/effects/etc application, for both batch texture works and photos manipulation (to an extend)

"It is designed to be simple for beginners and powerful for professionals."

http://www.irfanview.com

Moffiki's Autoclicker premium: freeware mouse autoclicker app I use to make TODs for SF series also have some use in PS-type programs, basically clicks your mouse set number of times with set miliseconds intervals

Mofikis-AutoClicker-Premium-v1.0.0.3.jpg

http://www.mofiki.com/2011/mofikis-automatic-mouse-clicker/

I have always liked using Notepadd++ this is a a great little program for helping you write code in a variety of languages...

Edited by Major Lee

Well for me it's GOM MEDIA PLAYER

Plays pretty much everything, it's small, compact and has all the options I want, add some codecs and you will rarely need anything else...

You will all laugh ....

Well, go ahead ....

The Utility Program I use most often is "Paint Shop Pro" v. 6.0 or so.

Downloaded free, years and years ago.

[i'm now on like day 1,678 of my free 30-day trial period, but it still works a treat, and I use it every day, with every sim/wargame/computer program I'm still running].

Some things never go out of style ....

:salute:

DARoot

Edited by DARoot

oh the freeware PSP version, had it for years too DARoot!:good:

I kinda like the Regular Expression editor called Expresso and the Linq editor made by Microsoft called LINQPad.

some really great and useful stuff so far. I was hopeing that someone would post a utility that was mentioned in a post prob 5-8 years ago and that I just can't seem to track down. it was a program tat compaired text files and hilighterd the differences. Apples to oranges or something similar was in the title.Anyone remember that one?

LOL, that's what the one I posted the link to does, WinMerge!

JM I don't think thats the one I was thinking of but this looks like it should be great so thank you for the heads up.

Oh, I figure it's probably not the same one, because when I got WinMerge a year or so back I was also looking for a totally different program. I only have vague recollections of it, other than I believe the two files had different colored backgrounds as you looked at them. It was nowhere to be seen, though, and I found this one readily enough and it seems to work for the limited stuff I've done so far.